AG--anyone use anything other than Re:Coil, I never hear anyone mention any+++

of their other products. Just curious.
Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:

Comments

• Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, I use the Fast Food LI with the Re:Coil. I like the Fast Food, but it does have a cone. It took alot for me to actually use a product with a cone in it after about 4 years of not using any. :)

I've been trying to find out if anyone has tried the dry shampoo they just came out with, the FastFwd.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • sessac81sessac81 Posts: 690Registered Users
    Someone on here has used the mousse-gel and liked it. I'm sorry I can't be of more help :(. Maybe she will see this thread and chime in :)
    :) Vanessa :)
    CG since 9/2007
    medium texture; slightly porous

Currently loving:
    anything from CJ, KBB Luscious Locks Hair Mask, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    Anyone tried their Xtramoist shampoo? Don't care if it has a sulfate, just wanna know if it is good.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • smasters467smasters467 Posts: 527Registered Users
    I'm pretty sure Mircurls was using several AG products last summer, with good results. You could try pming her, but I haven't seen her on in awhile. :)
    How's My Hair?
    Review: L'Oreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner
    Review: Yes To Carrots Nourishing Shampoo & Pampering Conditioner + 35% off at YTC.com

3a-b, fine & medium texture, medium-high porosity from years of damaging. I'm addicted to changing my hair color.
    Cleansing: No-Poo, Elucence MBS, YTC Poo,
    Conditioner: One Condition, JC Too Shea!, YTC Condish, Elucence MBC, Joico Daily, KCKT
    Styling: KCCC, LALPS, BRHG, Biotera Gel
    SMB Photography
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use the liquid effects on occassion. I like it. I also just ordered the Curl Trigger.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    Thanks I'll look into asking Mir.

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Xcptnl, please let us know how you like Curl Trigger
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had checked in again this week--though I've hardly been on. I'm happy with my hair, lost my product junkie gene, and didn't really have anything to add (other than answer the same questions over and over, which got old). It's like folks ignore the "search" feature, ya know? ; )

Anyway, I still use the same lines/systems I used last year with good to great results. SS, CJ (less so due to sensitivities to something, maybe fragrances) , Elucence, Abba Pure Gentle, and AG.

I mostly use the SS and AG stylers plus CJ Curl Queen (occasionally Smoothing Lotion for 2nd or 3rd day hair..depends on how allergic I am).

I have almost everything in the AG line in th curl activating, plus I have the hair spray, molding paste, conditioning mist. Mostly, I use the poo (when I want a thorough,non-CG wash) with the Curl Act. condish. Then I use Fast Food and then Re:coil. Depending on the weather, I may follow with Curl Queen (which works amazing over RE:coil).

I liked the mousse for giving lift to roots, though these days I just shoot hairspray on hairline, as I will sulfate poo more often. Hair is thicker and not as dry as it used to be and can handle less supertender treatment. :D

I like the whole line. It's not CG, so it's not for nopoo and lowpooers. However, you can find my old posts about it with pics by doing a search(es). My pics are still on Fotki, but you'd have to hunt them. I don't remember when I used what. The more recent ones should be with AG, SS and CJ...(most recent folder, fewer pics, I'm less hair-obsessed).

I like the line. I can buy it locally. Re:coil is a HG product, though drying.

This week, I'm doing SS. Works great in this weather. I have fourth day hair today. :)

The most recent pic I have using most of the AG system (poo, condish, fast food, Re:coil, with Curl Queen) was my birthday. No really good front/back/side shots, so here is the best I can do:
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    auntnett wrote: »

I will.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Mir. I like the Fast Food/Re:Coil combo too, but you're right, it's not CG. I am a no-poo/low-poo'er, so I don't use the AG products every time, more like once a week to every 10 days, depending on how many times I get 2nd/3rd day hair. And usually only when I know the next time I'm going to wash isn't a no-poo wash, its a low poo wash. My low poo has a sulfate in it (Trader Joe's) but IMO its a gentle poo. That's been my experience. :)
    Feels like I'm justifying, LOL. Bottom line, I agree with you, I like the products, they work great for me in moderation. They are a little drying, but then everything is for me, my hair sucks moisture like a cheap date on 2-for-1 night. :D
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    Thanks Mir. I like the Fast Food/Re:Coil combo too, but you're right, it's not CG. I am a no-poo/low-poo'er, so I don't use the AG products every time, more like once a week to every 10 days, depending on how many times I get 2nd/3rd day hair. And usually only when I know the next time I'm going to wash isn't a no-poo wash, its a low poo wash. My low poo has a sulfate in it (Trader Joe's) but IMO its a gentle poo. That's been my experience. :)
    Feels like I'm justifying, LOL. Bottom line, I agree with you, I like the products, they work great for me in moderation. They are a little drying, but then everything is for me, my hair sucks moisture like a cheap date on 2-for-1 night. :D

Hey there Auntie Bubbs! If you are talking about that ingredient (C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate- something like that, I can't remember it exactly right now) it is still considered CG. It is a low poo...It is not a sulfate like ALS or SLS...But now, as they rate the ingredients in order of how gentle, the consensus seems to be that there are more gentle ingredients than that one. But to my knowledge (and I could be wrong :-) ), it is still considered a low poo...
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    xcptnl wrote: »

I will.

I just posted both on the general and 3a boards asking if anyone has tried the Curl Trigger, so I'm also looking forward to hearing about it.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks, Gretchen, but I'd still like to hear comments here for Curl Trigger specifically - only two comments over there, plus those often are mostly by non-regulars who don't necessarily look for the same things that most of us in Curl Talk do. Sounds snooty -I'm sorry, LOL!
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
    xcptnl wrote: »

I will.

I have tried this twice. Now I am not sure if I am just not finding the right combo or if the mag sulphate is rearing it's ugly head (i can have issues with this ingredient) but I am not loving it.

I did try it on dry hair and it was awful but I will let everyone know my hair hates stuff put on it dry. No matter what it is. I just cannot put stuff on my hair dry-i get stringy, frizzy hair-not pretty. And the results are the same no matter what the product. Fugly.

It was not horrible on wet hair but I did not love it. I think tomorrow I will try it over a moisturizing leave in and under a gel.

I will report those results.
    Central Massachusetts

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file