Help, help, help...had a haircut and now I am lost!!

Curlee'smomCurlee'smom Posts: 81Registered Users
My hair was past shoulder length. I really needed a trim. I had a girl cut it on Friday. She cut it dry. She layered it for me which I wanted, but also thinned it out because she said the back was really thick. It is between chin and shoulder now. Oh...and she didn't put anything at all on it except for some bamboo oil. I think it was this one... Amazon.com: ALTERNA BAMBOO Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist, 4.2 fl oz: Beauty

I washed it once and it was fabulous. It just curled right up and I loved it. Since then, I can't do anything with it.

Before I got it cut, I started using Angel and it worked great. Now it seems like my hair is fighting. I don't know if I need a stronger hold or not. Before, I had tried LA looks and it was working, but I wasn't totally pleased with it. I tried ecostyler, but my hair was taking hours upon hours to dry. I went to using Sally's bioterra gel and that was working ok until I got the Angel.

Now Angel and bioterra are not doing a thing. I am so frustrated!! The only thing I did differently the first time I washed it was I put some coconut oil on it. I washed it the next day because I have a terrible time getting all the oil out of my hair. It's out now, but it is still a mess. It feels like I have a halo and my hair is flat.

I think I need some good moisturizing, but I don't know what to use. The coconut oil seems like it was a bad choice.

PLEASE help!! I don't know what to do!!

Comments

• Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    What did you wash your hair with the next day? Did you clarify to get the silicones out of your hair from the Alterna?

ALTERNA Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist:

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Extract (Bamboo), Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Water, Fennel (Foeniculum Vulgare) Seed Extract (Fennel), Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Algae Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract (Carrot), Wasabia Japonica (Wasabi) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ) Oil (Wheat), Aleurites Moluccana (Kukui Nut) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (Grape), Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive), Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado), Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Glycerin, Superoxide Dismutase, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Lactoferrin, Phospholipids, Phytosphingosine, Corn Oligosaccharides, Ganoderma Lucidum Tyrosinase (Mushroom), Lentinus Edodes Tyrosinase, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Copper Lysl Oxidase, Acetyl Methionone, Acetyl Serine, Amino Acyl tRNA Synthetase, Glycine Soja Seed Peroxidase (Soybean), Silanetriol Melaninate, Polyquaternium 10, Bromelain, Papain, Water (Aqua), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Linalool

You may just have some residual buildup, try a clarifying shampoo to get a fresh start.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think LuckyCharm has it exactly right! You've been siliconed, so the first day it probably worked because there was enough of the 'cones left in there to smooth you but now they are stuck to your hair and your conditioner can't get through to the hair or something.

So wash it with regular shampoo, with sulfates in, and do your deep conditioner again and see if it works better. It'll bounce back fine eventually and it sounds like it is a good haircut :)
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • Curlee'smomCurlee'smom Posts: 81Registered Users
    Oh my heavens!!!

After I posted, I took a look at those ingredients and wow....lots of yucky stuff!! I was glad to see a post last night that confirmed my suspicions. I researched looking for a good DT that I could easily buy. I tried the L'oreal stuff from Sally's. I only bought a packet to try it out. I even had to go to two Sally's to find the hydracap because the first one was sold out and wouldn't have more until Thurs afternoon!!

Oh my!! I just got done blow drying my hair and and it is curly again!!!! Yeah!!! And it is really curly!!

Thanks so much for the help!!
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You've been siliconed
    :laughing6:

Hope your hair is behaving better soon!
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    IAgirl wrote: »
    You've been siliconed

Changed my siggi. :toothy8:
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    woohoo!! :wav:
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    pedaheh wrote: »
    IAgirl wrote: »
    You've been siliconed

Changed my siggi. :toothy8:

LOL!

Curlee'sMom I am glad your hair is working better now!
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file