How would you go about getting this hairstyle?

euroazneuroazn Posts: 5Registered Users
Haircuts for Men | Pictures of Men's Hairstyles and Haircuts

Any tips? Thanks in advance :toothy1:
Also, please be specific. I'm a complete amateur and rube at this XD

Comments

• vorsyblvorsybl Banned Posts: 20Banned Users
    Don't you have pin straight hair?
  • euroazneuroazn Posts: 5Registered Users
    Nope, my hair is curly. Why would you think my hair is straight?
    BC of your name.
    hint: _euro_azn.
    Even more likely my friend, I guess I was wrong though, my bad
  • sleepyjesssleepyjess Posts: 297Registered Users
    Mm, to get curl definition like that, I'd suggest scrunching in some gel while your hair is wet so that the curls can dry defined, and then you scrunch out the crunch of the gel afterward. At least, that's what I do. But I've never styled hair that short (mines shoulder length), so I guess I'm not being completely helpful.

But that's what I would try...I hope I explained it okay!
    Oregon curly!
    Fine hair; weighed down easily; high porosity; prone to flyaways & The Bedhead Look
    2b? (or not 2b? Heehee.)
    Mod-CG since Nov '10
    Cowash: VO5 Calming Chamomile
    RO: Desert Essences Coconut
    Gel: Pantene Curls Gel, LALSG
    http://public.fotki.com/sleepyjess/ (updated: 5.28.11)

"She may be afraid of trees. But when push comes to shove, she won't let you drink the shampoo. No matter how good it smells."

:faroah:Visit me! http://nakedsquid.blogspot.com
    Erm... bump. My hair doesn't have that kind of definition.

Also, any suggestions for highlighting products?

Finally, when giving instructions for getting that sort of hair, if you find a video that shows how to do it that would be amazing too :iconbiggrin:

thanks so much :thumbright: sorry for asking for a lot, haha :cheers:
  • PRINCETONPRINCETON Posts: 872Registered Users
    I used to wear mine like that

1. load in lots of gel onto wet hair
    2. Use small tooth comb the hair forward all around and comb down in the back
    3. Brush hair down that you just combed
    4. Comb again to break up flat hair using a wide tooth comb and also style the hair in this step.

You can also just load lots of gel into your hands and then rake all your hair forward and down in back. This works best straight out the shower.

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
    PRINCETON wrote: »
    I used to wear mine like that

1. load in lots of gel onto wet hair
    2. Use small tooth comb the hair forward all around and comb down in the back
    3. Brush hair down that you just combed
    4. Comb again to break up flat hair using a wide tooth comb and also style the hair in this step.

You can also just load lots of gel into your hands and then rake all your hair forward and down in back. This works best straight out the shower.

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
    Thanks, really helpful! Two things: can you suggest a good gel product and second can you go over the styling step with just a bit more detail. What do I do, exactly :S
  • Tank10Tank10 Posts: 119Registered Users
    That's a cool style have u tried garner curl sculpting gel
    I suggest Ampro styling gel.

The styling part: as you comb with wide tooth comb you will see the clumps of hair that you can position into place according to how you like or according to your head shape.

Sometimes I would comb it all forward and only curl up the hair the was around my face.

Even if you comb it at that length it will curl up if you have naturally curly hair. It will curl up as it dries just make sure to use the comb in styling step 4 to separate some of the clumps.

I can't explain it more than that but you will also need to pluck and feather some of the hair with a rat tail comb lol

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What about scrunching out the crunch? Shouldn't he add that step once the hair dries?

Also, could he simply push his hair forward and then rake with fingers (raking forward)? I'm concerned the comb will break up the curl too much.

Not trying to step on your guy toes, though, P.
    @Ninja Dog

I mentioned in the first post that another option is to take forward because Ive done that before too.

But raking forward does not give that particular style. Raking would result in more "raggedy" curls which is cool for a bed head look but combing allows precise curls and precise positioning.

Also, I don't always mention squishing in product or squishing/scrunching out the crunchiness unless there is complaint of too hard hold. For this particular look you have to be careful and just slightly run hand across in direction of curls as to only loosen the tips of them. You don't want to lose so much of this hairstyle to the wind.

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
    Dude --- sounds like you've got it down. Hope it works out for euro.

Is it sort of a.......curly Bieber, do you think?
    LOL I never seen what Justin really looks like but I thought he had a mullet

PRINCETON BROOKE
    iMessage on iOS5
    [email protected]
    No, a short forward-combed thing. Straight, though. Long bangs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file