a few questions...

j0cmckj0cmck Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I started CG about a month and a half ago, and it was all going really well until my last few washes. I had basically no transition period and my hair looked hugely improved right away.
Recently my hair has been a bit flat on the sides and the waves are limp, but in the back by the crown I find there are some curls that stick out funny at the root and expose my scalp.
I was wondering if maybe going modified would help this? If so does anyone have some low-poo recommendations? If you guys think going modified would help, I'm considering Organix, Live Clean, or Suave Naturals.. also I live by a Sally's so I could check there.

Thanks!
Type: 2b but starting to see some 3a pieces in there! medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity, easily weighed down
Low Poo: Nature Clean Herbal Shampoo
Co-Wash: Giovanni Tea Tree
Rinse Out: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Styling Products: Biotera Curl Cream and Gel, experimenting with FSG

Comments

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair did something similar. For the first 2 months, my hair did great cowashing exclusively. Like you I had no transition and my hair was getting better and better. Then my hair got heavy, looked wet when dry, and looked coated. A low poo got my hair back to normal. I would suggest a low poo.
    Low poos are a definite YMMV product. What works great for one person, will be a disaster for another. I like renpure organics (red bottle, at CVS). Giovanni has several low poos, target has travel sizes in the natural products aisle (by the burt's bees stuff). There are some low poos in the natural product section of walmart too. I can't remember which ones. Check other people's siggis for low poo suggestions. I don't know that much about low poos.
    I think most of the organix stuff has cones, and suave naturals has sulfates. I don't know of any low poos at sally's.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • j0cmckj0cmck Posts: 27Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you!
    I live in a small town in Canada and find our Walmart slacks in the organics section, but I will definitely check it out.

Did you find you had to low-poo regularly after that, or just when you felt the need? I know I'll have to see what my hair likes, but just for a starting point.
    Type: 2b but starting to see some 3a pieces in there! medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity, easily weighed down
    When i first started low pooing last winter, I had to do it once a month to once every six weeks. Now I low poo weekly in the summer and once every 2-3 weeks in the summer.
    These links list CG products. Double check the ingredients, because formulas change.
    Left side of this blog.
    Girl with Curl

Healthy Curls | Healthy Hair, No More Damage
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    That's great, thank you!
  • porque_pigporque_pig Posts: 238Registered Users
    I adore the Organix shampoos--I'm using the coconut right now. It contains a cone (dimethicone copolyol) that is removed with coco betaine (the primary surfactant in the Organix shampoos). I haven't had any buildup issues whatsoever, and this was by far the best shampoo I have ever used.

I agree with Pedaheh, though. Everyone's hair reacts so differently to different low-poos. For example, a lot of girls swear by the Burt's Bees shampoos, but I'm terribly allergic to them. I've tried a lot of low-poos, but the Organix was the first real winner for me.

I low-poo about twice a week. I have really fine, thin, non-porous hair that gets easily weighed down, so even using a regular rinse-out can sometimes kill my hair. I need the regular low-poo.
    :batman: 2b/cFi, low density, normal porosity, high elasticity

Low-poo
    : Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Conditioner
    : Suave Naturals (whatever scent I have on hand)
    Styling
    : Paul Mitchell Round Trip, Tresemme Climate Control Finishing Spray

I'm a hair minimalist: the less time I spend on my hair, the better.

porque_pig wrote: »
    I adore the Organix shampoos--I'm using the coconut right now. It contains a cone (dimethicone copolyol)
    Whoops. I thought Organix had a "real" cone. I stand corrected (again:fish:). Dimethicone copolyol is water soluble and CG approved.
  • Debh366Debh366 Posts: 218Registered Users
    What does low poo mean?? Trying to know these terms, I'm new here.

Thanks!
    ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
    ((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
    -:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

Cowash: Suave Strawberry, Tresseme Naturals Moisture
    Lopoo: L'Oreal EverSleek
    Style: Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Gel, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, sometimes Alba
    Techniques: Just use ShamWow after I put product in damp hair and crunch. Works well for me, my hair holds a good wave all day. 2nd day hair is even better.
    I picked up some Burt's Bees Super Shiny, but I'm scared it may be too drying so if it is I'll definitely pick up some of the Organix Shea Butter. Thank you!

Also, I'm fairly new to this so I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that a low-poo is a sulphate free shampoo!
    That is correct. Low poo=sulfate free shampoo.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file