Internet Drama

curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
So, I guess this isn't about hair, but definitely fits in the "hall of shame" section.

Why are some people (on this site and others) into creating internet drama? I'm talking about the people who leave rude responses or get into "internet fights." If you think someone's post is stupid just DON'T RESPOND! Some ppl on here are so insistent on being rude/mean at every possible chance. How is this necessary on a site about HAIR!?

:angry5: :scratch:
:sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Unless you're referring to direct trolling...it's really just human nature.

I don't even like fighting, but I had to make it my new year's resolution to not get into "drama" on the boards. I can't stand it when people act fake, try to be slick, get overly gully, and say stupid stuff in real life, so I can't stand reading it either. I'm doing pretty well but I have to put people on ignore very quickly, lol.

But I do agree with you, I'm not sure why people feel as if they can say certain things on the internetz when I'm 95% sure in real life they'd keep quiet. They get powerful behind the mask of technology, I guess. I actually say LESS to people than I do IRL because I can't address them how I want to, and it's not really worth it because I don't even know these folks.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Exactly!

I'm more talking about ppl who troll or have troll-like tendencies. For the ordinary person, a little drama is inevitable, but 97% of the time I refuse to get involved in something with ppl online who I don't know (its different when you know them in real life - and also depending on the topic).

You're right - the mask of technology is a strong force! :computer:

I always think that the trolls are really 12 year old boys...little kids get a kick out of saying inflammatory stuff on the internet when their parents aren't around...lol

It's really bad on video game chats...I used to play Halo with my friend just to listen to the little kids talk ish on the headset...it's hilarious.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I plead temporary insanity.
    ninja dog wrote: »

LOL! Perhaps I am biased but I don't think what you did was that bad...I've seen way worse.
    YouTube
    Thanks, ep.
    ellepixie wrote: »
    I always think that the trolls are really 12 year old boys...little kids get a kick out of saying inflammatory stuff on the internet when their parents aren't around...lol

It's really bad on video game chats...I used to play Halo with my friend just to listen to the little kids talk ish on the headset...it's hilarious.

Hahaha! There's always some stupid stuff on the comments area when I'm watching TV online, too.
    ellepixie wrote: »

LOL! Perhaps I am biased but I don't think what you did was that bad...I've seen way worse.

LOL! While my post was inspired by the thread I think you are talking about, it wasn't necessarily in reference to that. It just made me think about similar situations where worse has been said.

I know --- I've read some rough stuff, too. Members with whom you get along and who always seem nice as pie lose it with someone else, or on a certain subject. It's like a raging madness. Sometimes I imagine what they'd (we'd) be doing to each other IRL: banging each other on the head with mallets? Wringing the other's neck? Dueling?
    I know --- I've read some rough stuff, too. Members with whom you get along and who always seem nice as pie lose it with someone else, or on a certain subject. It's like a raging madness. Sometimes I imagine what they'd (we'd) be doing to each other IRL: banging each other on the head with mallets? Wringing the other's neck? Dueling?

LOL! I probably shouldn't say this but there are definitely a few people that I've "met" online that I certainly wouldn't be nice to IRL.
    YouTube
    I have this image of all of the members in a room --- like a hotel bar, or someplace like that ---- striking up conversations. Then, after we've all circulated, people give their poster name, and we're surprised, or not surprised at all, by our initial impressions.
    Well, there's a mind f*** for ya.
    YouTube
    Woo!

Yeah. I have an active imagination.
    I have this image of all of the members in a room --- like a hotel bar, or someplace like that ---- striking up conversations. Then, after we've all circulated, people give their poster name, and we're surprised, or not surprised at all, by our initial impressions.

That would be a really fun/interesting experience!

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    curlyclo89 wrote: »
    So, I guess this isn't about hair, but definitely fits in the "hall of shame" section.

Why are some people (on this site and others) into creating internet drama? I'm talking about the people who leave rude responses or get into "internet fights." If you think someone's post is stupid just DON'T RESPOND! Some ppl on here are so insistent on being rude/mean at every possible chance. How is this necessary on a site about HAIR!?

One of my many theories.....they are a doormat in real life.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's hard to separate hair (or most things) from emotions. It sounds silly, I know, but true.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    gagirl09 wrote: »

One of my many theories.....they are a doormat in real life.

I agree, if you think someone's post is stupid or if you "don't like them", which I think is dumb that you can start not liking someone on a message board, especially one about hair, that's not about ethnicity/race, politics, etc. then leave them and their posts alone. That simple.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
    It's hard to separate hair (or most things) from emotions. It sounds silly, I know, but true.

It is. I agree. Personality comes through.
  • BrittneeAubreex3BrittneeAubreex3 Posts: 309Registered Users

I have no idea, I get ignorant responses sometimes but I don't bother to respond.
    :love2: as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
    Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job. :sad7:
  • Kish36Kish36 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have to say that I just registered on this board about 20 minutes ago, and prior to that I saw a few rude messages here...I will say this...it almost deterred me from even joining..definitely not looking for drama..internet or otherwise.
  • al3x&riaal3x&ria Posts: 6Registered Users
    I think what causes a lot of the drama is people reading waayyy too deeply into comments. Instead of taking it at face value and going on about their day, they dig and dig until they find something offensive. I occasionally lurk on hair care boards and see this happen a lot.
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    Deleted
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file