CurlTalk

CJ Daily Fix

LilaGirlLilaGirl Posts: 1,177Registered Users
Been using this about once a week. I feel like I just need a "cleanse" now and then and all I do is cowash and RO with suave, unless I want something heavier, then I do Smoothing Condish. But can DF be drying?

What do you guys think of it?
3b/fine/normal porosity/normal elasticity

LOVES behentrimonium methosulfate
(don't ask me to pronounce that!)

Want to grow it long again!
And simply want to figure out this hair of mine!

Comments

• JLeighsJLeighs Posts: 904Registered Users
    I liked it this past summer, but now it just turns my hair into a flat, overly-soft, limp mess. It's definitely not drying for me.
    2C/3A, fine, higher porosity.
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    There is a well established thread on DF (under the search function).

Check it out

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/readers-product-reviews/96470-curl-junkie-daily-fix-bomb.html
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,089Registered Users Curl Dabbler
    i use it 4, 5 times a week and it never dried my hair out, is very conditioning.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:cj conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: cj aloe fix gel, cj pattern pusha, cj honey butta leave in, cj cccc, cj ciab.
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • LilaGirlLilaGirl Posts: 1,177Registered Users
    I'll check out the other thread; thanks.

How are you guys using it? Do you use it with a RO or alone and then do a LI?

• lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Posts: 478Registered Users
    If I put it in a second time to get it to "lather" since I feel like I need to use it twice, then I feel dry, if I were to put it in just once I guess it would be okay.

I need shampoo, so I am going to order Curl Junkie shampoo as soon as I can afford it, but I will laugh very hard if my hair loves the shampoo better than the cream cleanser. Of course I'll be very pleased!
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
    If I put it in a second time to get it to "lather" since I feel like I need to use it twice, then I feel dry, if I were to put it in just once I guess it would be okay. Then again my hair is chemically treated.

I need shampoo, so I am going to order Curl Junkie shampoo as soon as I can afford it, but I will laugh very hard if my hair loves the shampoo better than the cream cleanser. Of course I'll be very pleased!
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    rbb wrote: »
    i use it 4, 5 times a week and it never dried my hair out, is very conditioning.

You use the Daily Fix 4 or 5 times?

I was warned by Marsha not to use it more than once a week or I could get over conditioned. Though I have found I am needing/wanting to use it more and more lol. I've been trying to hold of but so far co-washing doesn't makes me feel clean and shampoo is just horrible on my hair :)

The hard water here means I suffer from build up very easily!
    My hair gets matted and ratty after 2 days, I'm lucky if i can do something on day 3. Are we supposed to just condition instead of cleansing? I like to start fresh.

I wet and condition my hair every day, but I only cleanse my hair 1/2 times a week.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    kat180 wrote: »

I was warned by Marsha not to use it more than once a week or I could get over conditioned. Though I have found I am needing/wanting to use it more and more lol. I've been trying to hold of but so far co-washing doesn't makes me feel clean and shampoo is just horrible on my hair :)

I typically use this 3-4 times weekly, and I wash every day, and have never had a problem. I am also high porosity though, that may have something to do with it. But, that's like the Repair Me! she says not to use often. I've used that as a leave in, a RO, and a deep treatment in a ten day period and never had anything but amazing results with it- guess I'm in the minority, but I'd say do what works for you.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    nm
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
    aislin wrote: »

I typically use this 3-4 times weekly, and I wash every day, and have never had a problem. I am also high porosity though, that may have something to do with it. But, that's like the Repair Me! she says not to use often. I've used that as a leave in, a RO, and a deep treatment in a ten day period and never had anything but amazing results with it- guess I'm in the minority, but I'd say do what works for you.

Well I haven't over conditioned yet :)

I might start a thread on cleansing conditioner so everyone can write their experiences and compare them all.
  • FairlyCurlyFairlyCurly Posts: 839Registered Users
    nm
    3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    aislin wrote: »

Well I haven't over conditioned yet :)

I might start a thread on cleansing conditioner so everyone can write their experiences and compare them all.

FANTASTIC idea!
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Lol - Ok - off I go :)
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    Fairewood wrote: »
    Can anyone say how Daily Fix compares to Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream? I'm thinking of switching to Jessicurl b/c Daily Fix makes my hair too dry and flat. It's too heavy for my hair. I'm wondering if Jessicurl would be better for me.

Jessicurl was the second line I tried, after Deva. At that point, I was still shampooing every three days. I used the JC HCC, along with the other products in the rich line. It made my hair limp and lifeless in a week. After that, I stopped using it. (I probably used the HCC twice. It was a few years ago, so I don't remember all the details.)

I use CJ Daily Fix every two to three weeks for it's chelating properties. I take it with me to the salon when I get my haircut/highlight every six weeks--and have them use it when they wet/wash my hair. I've never had an issue with it, if I've had a "need" to use it more frequently.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Fairewood wrote: »
    Can anyone say how Daily Fix compares to Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream? I'm thinking of switching to Jessicurl b/c Daily Fix makes my hair too dry and flat. It's too heavy for my hair. I'm wondering if Jessicurl would be better for me.

I felt like there was too much glycerin in the Jessicurl HCC. I had to clarify often because of it. I did like it though and I will go back to it this summer because I have a huge liter bottle of it.

With DF I'm having no issues in that department. It doesn't weigh me down but I've been pairing lighter conditioners with it.

I use the DF 4-5 times a week and low poo in between for a fresh start.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • LilaGirlLilaGirl Posts: 1,177Registered Users
    I've only been using DF maybe once a week if that -

But what would be drying about it?

• sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    I have found that CJDF tangles my hair, but I have very porous hair. I prefer Blended Beauty cleansing conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling like silk... but it is way too expensive.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
    I have found that CJDF tangles my hair, but I have very porous hair. I prefer Blended Beauty cleansing conditioner. It leaves my hair feeling like silk... but it is way too expensive.

Daily Fix TOTALLY tangles my hair too! I thought it was because my hair is relaxed, but now I am not so sure. The knots are really really terrible. I did a protein treatment (Repair Me!) only once so far, and that didn't help.

After my shower the other day I was simply fed up. So I didn't put any product in my hair except for a little leave-in and oil, and will try to simply co-wash until I can order and receive some other kind of cleanser (gonna try Donna Marie shampoo and conditioner)

Now I'm starting to worry that I've lost too much hair in the last eight or nine months (however long) since I've been washing solely with this.

Unfortunately, I don't hear enough about Blended Beauty. I mostly only hear about 3-4 brands on the board. I don't know who really uses their products.

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users

Daily Fix TOTALLY tangles my hair too! I thought it was because my hair is relaxed, but now I am not so sure. The knots are really really terrible. I did a protein treatment (Repair Me!) only once so far, and that didn't help.

After my shower the other day I was simply fed up. So I didn't put any product in my hair except for a little leave-in and oil, and will try to simply co-wash until I can order and receive some other kind of cleanser (gonna try Donna Marie shampoo and conditioner)

Now I'm starting to worry that I've lost too much hair in the last eight or nine months (however long) since I've been washing solely with this.

Unfortunately, I don't hear enough about Blended Beauty. I mostly only hear about 3-4 brands on the board. I don't know who really uses their products.

you're still relaxed and trying to use stuff for curly hair?
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

you're still relaxed and trying to use stuff for curly hair?

A lot of it works just fine for me. I tried uploading a pic the other day but they were all too big and I don't want to link to a public FB album cause of the hacking issues that went on a couple months ago on CurlMart