I Need a Good Moisturizer

DWhiteDWhite Posts: 4Registered Users
I have 3c hair and I really want to take better care of it. Normally I get braids because i cant take care of it but i dont want to do that anymore. I wash my hair and it looks good but when i sleep it gets flat and smooshed and i end up gelling it black into a ponytail. I dont like doing this because i know the gel isnt good for my hair. Does anyone know a good product that i can use after i get out of the shower that will moisturize my hair and keep the volume and shape to it after i sleep? Another thing, I cant comb out my curls or I'll just have an afro and it wont curl back. Someone please help.

Comments

• MelyBMelyB Posts: 32Registered Users
    After I co wash, I spritz with condish + 2 eggs + a little water and scrunch. I let my hair dry a little from the spritz and add coconut oil as needed. I can get 3 to 4 day hair by spritzing and scrunching unless I either a) sleep crazy or b) it gets too oily.

CG since 2/06/11

2a/b med/highly porous

Wash: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa "poo" and condish (organic)
    Oil/Styling: Coconut oil
    Method: Spritz (water + salt), Braid for beach waves
  • DWhiteDWhite Posts: 4Registered Users
    Thank soo much. I'll try that. Im desperate for anything right about now.
  • dcbdcb Posts: 5Registered Users
    DWhite wrote: »
    I have 3c hair and I really want to take better care of it. Normally I get braids because i cant take care of it but i dont want to do that anymore. I wash my hair and it looks good but when i sleep it gets flat and smooshed and i end up gelling it black into a ponytail. I dont like doing this because i know the gel isnt good for my hair. Does anyone know a good product that i can use after i get out of the shower that will moisturize my hair and keep the volume and shape to it after i sleep? Another thing, I cant comb out my curls or I'll just have an afro and it wont curl back. Someone please help.

Hello,
    I have 3c hair; after getting out of the shower, I use a leave-in like mixed chicks leave-in; this works perfectly for me. Some other people have tried the Pantene line of leave-ins. For other days, if I don't co-wash, what I do at night, is either put my hair into 4 or 5 flast-twists; I put a conditioner mixed with a few drops of Aragon oil on each section. Right now, I use GVP Moisturizing Conditioner (the Sally brand of Nexxus Humectress Moisturizing conditioner), about a quarter size on each section, twist, and sleep with a scarf on. In the morning, I just take out the twists. I do this every 2nd or 3rd night. The other nights, just pineapple. When I co-wash my hair, my hair is full of conditioner, and very well moisturized, so it never gets dry. I don't comb out my hair unless it is wet. If I want to comb out my hair, I do it on the days that I co-wash, after doing a deep treatment, etc, so my hair is well moisturized. When dry,instead of combing my hair, I just finger style it. I find that drenching my hair with olive oil before doing a co-wash makes my hair much easier to comb. Hope this helps.
    That does help a lot. Im gonna try cowashing now and leaving in the conditioner to help with it. Thanks.
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    You should also check out the 3c section for tips or find a siggy with someone that has similar hair to yours and read about their products that they use.

Do you know your porosity? That could also help with product recs.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    you should invest in a satin pillow case or wrap your hair in a scarf at night. this has helped me a great deal
    I dont know my porosity and i tried looking at the 3c section and it didnt seem to answer the specific questions that i had so i figures this would be a better bet.
    I will try to wrap my hair up. Thats a good idea.
  • shrinkykinkycurly11shrinkykinkycurly11 Posts: 17Registered Users
    MelyB wrote: »
    After I co wash, I spritz with condish + 2 eggs + a little water and scrunch. I let my hair dry a little from the spritz and add coconut oil as needed. I can get 3 to 4 day hair by spritzing and scrunching unless I either a) sleep crazy or b) it gets too oily.

Hmm eggs in a spritz now that is a first for me! I might have to try that
  • nikkigiovanninikkigiovanni Posts: 14Registered Users
    Try quenched curls moisturizer from the CURLS product line along with one of their styling products and make sure you cover your curls with a satin or silk bonnet at night when you sleep. I also have 3c curls so I know about having an afro if you comb your curls out. I comb before applying the moisturizer and styling product, but never after.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hair type: 3C/4A; normal/high porosity; fine texture

I currently use the following products from the CURLS product line at www.curls.biz:

Shampoo: Curliscious Curls Cleansing Cream

Conditioner: Coconut Sublime Organic Conditioner

Moisturizer: Quenched Curls Moisturizer

Styler: Curl Gel-les'c

:love1:
  • capricapri Posts: 56Registered Users
    Try a leave in conditioner. I really like Karens Body Beautiful Hair Ambrosia ... her Hair Nectar may be better for your texture though as it is lighter, especially in the summer.
    Style: Twists as protective style for winter, occassional bantu twist outs.
    Weekly: Preepoo w/ rosemary water, honey, coco oil and castor oil. Wash w/ KBB conditioning poo, condition with KBB moisturizing conditioner. Twist with KBB Sweet Ambrosia, Shea and dab of castor oil.
    Monthly:KBB Luscious Locks DT. Terressentials detox left hair significantly softer and shinier, now use to wash once every 2 months.
  • SharonDSharonD Posts: 10Registered Users
    Mixed Chicks Leave in Conditioner should should help with curl definition, and a silk scarf should help also.
    www.naturalhaircareitems.blogspot.com

Natural Hair Care: SILK SCARVES

Natural Hair Care: Avocado Butter For Dry Hair :profileleft:
  • NaturalSassENaturalSassE Posts: 125Registered Users
    Hairveda had 24/7 condish I am n love I'm ordering 2-4 bottles later bc shipping took from my order date June 1 to June 16 but worth the wait!!
    Taking the Napptural World By Storm
    Bc'd June 21, 2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file