What do you think of this commercial?

HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users
I saw this commercial the other day on a blog that I read. What do you think? Is it offensive or not?

YouTube - California Milk Processor Board: Medusa

Comments

• alaskantsunamialaskantsunami Posts: 421Registered Users
    I find it offensive. I understand that she's supposed to be Medusa, but why not give her curly hair without the snake heads? Why does it have to be perfect straight hair? I hope these negative messages weren't on purpose.
    2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
    -That 70s Show
  • shannonathenashannonathena Posts: 12Registered Users
    I find it offensive too, as well as a little bit ridiculous. Curly hair does not equal horrible hair, and "strong, healthy" hair does not equal straight hair.

3b
    medium texture, high porosity
    fan of GFTN and krystal ecostyler
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Every woman should be insulted, not just the curly ones.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    This is a very offensive and stupid commercial which reinforces negative stereotypes of curly vs. straight hair.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LOL...I wasn't offended. I think it was ridiculous that they were like, "The princess's ugly hair was the reason she was unmarried..." but that was so off key that I can only laugh. I don't equate snake head with curly hair though. I'd be more offended if it was just "unruly" looking curly hair.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • murrrcatmurrrcat Posts: 9,596Registered Users
    ellepixie wrote: »
    LOL...I wasn't offended. I think it was ridiculous that they were like, "The princess's ugly hair was the reason she was unmarried..." but that was so off key that I can only laugh. I don't equate snake head with curly hair though. I'd be more offended if it was just "unruly" looking curly hair.

LOL...I laughed when they said that.

I'm not offended the commercial is stupid.
    tumblr_mji9u1Fwza1rh1wv4o1_500.jpg
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    Dedachan wrote: »
    Every woman should be insulted, not just the curly ones.

+1
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Posts: 1,017Registered Users
    Im not really offended with the snakes. It's snakes, not "ugly" curly hair that's styled really bad. But then are the untamed snakes supposed to represent untamed curly hair?

If anything, the reason for her not being married because of her hair is the most offensive part.
  • Kat718Kat718 Posts: 73Registered Users
    Wow, this is more stupid than offensive. The commercial is basically conveying that sleek straight hair is more beautiful and healthy. It's also conveying that drinking fluids from another animal makes your hair healthy and strong. Yeah, very foolish.
  • BrittneeAubreex3BrittneeAubreex3 Posts: 309Registered Users
    I don't find it offensive at all, I think it's a dumb commercial for milk.
    :love2: as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
    Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job. :sad7:
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    Kat718 wrote: »
    Wow, this is more stupid than offensive. The commercial is basically conveying that sleek straight hair is more beautiful and healthy. It's also conveying that drinking fluids from another animal makes your hair healthy and strong. Yeah, very foolish.

Absolutely!

I thought the snakes looked more like dread locks in her hair than curly hair.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file