I grew my hair out again....but is there any possibility it can be styled normally?

vorsyblvorsybl BannedPosts: 20Banned Users
Hello, I grew my hair out again in hopes I could figure out some kind of style I could wear everyday, proudly. It's fairly long now, and I've grown it this long because it's so curly and still haven't figured out a style I could wear all the time, easily.

xc8vi9.jpg

As you can see it's very curly, I classify it as 4C what would you classify it as according to naturallycurly's scale?

I haven't cut my hair in 2-3 months, haven't had the time or cash really. But because it is VERY thick in density and VERY thick in width (Coarse), it is very thick, especially the back.

As you can see, the front, the "bangs" if you will, are quite nice, I like the curl pattern, it's different than the coveted straight hair of society but the pattern is well formed and trippy. Problem is, since I Can't see the back of my head, I have trouble getting it like this in the back, and the back and sides are extremely hard to deal with. THe only place on my head that I can successfully style something is the front, and the very middle of the top of my head creates trippy looking curls like the front there.

Any tips? Advice?
Thanks.

Vor

Does my picture look similar to the hair in this picture?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Leonardo_da_Vinci_025.jpg

That kind of hair must have been considered as beautiful during the Renaissance if Leonardo di Vinci painted it

Comments

• vorsyblvorsybl Banned Posts: 20Banned Users
    This thread is dead.
    thanks 4 replyis
  • somethingelsesomethingelse Posts: 75Registered Users
    sir vorsybl. :-)

i didn't reply before as i hadn't checked the scale in a bit to kow the specific classes since i first checked to classify myself, but i just checked...

you are looking between 3 to 3c... the front looks curlool! (lol, my mix of curl & cool) lol... anyway, can you show a pic of the back?
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

btw, pardon my all lower case. i just love 'em.
    Thanks man.
  • MichelleMichelle Administrator Posts: 742Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'd say you're a 3a. Gorgeous hair!
    Michelle
    co-founder
    NaturallyCurly.com
  • Unexpected CurlyUnexpected Curly Posts: 53Registered Users
    Hey man, nice hair. I'm still new to this whole curliness thing, and have different hair than yours. Women like mine, which is fun. Yours is a nice color and nice style. Just a suggestion, but don't bother to get it cut, unless it is truly annoying. I part mine in the middle and kind of push it to the side (it seems to want to curl straight towards my face, but won't get there yet, I think it needs more weight) so it kind of curls to the side at this point when I do this. Anyway, just an idea.
    Hey thanks for the input...

I don't want to cut it. Although it is hard to manage right now, lately it's been become much easier to form those two front curls, I think it's quite beautiful actually. The curl pattern is wide and very even and smooth, it's beautiful. But nobody on campus has hair like this, I'm the only one, most people have pin straight hair, the bowl cuts, etc. This morning I wanted to flaunt my hair but put on my hat last minute because I was afraid. Does wearing a hat 24/7 damage the hair at all?

I think if I let it grow another year or so it will look more like that da vinci painting, which is my goal. I would be very happy with that do
    Hey man, nice hair. I'm still new to this whole curliness thing, and have different hair than yours. Women like mine, which is fun. Yours is a nice color and nice style. Just a suggestion, but don't bother to get it cut, unless it is truly annoying. I part mine in the middle and kind of push it to the side (it seems to want to curl straight towards my face, but won't get there yet, I think it needs more weight) so it kind of curls to the side at this point when I do this. Anyway, just an idea.

Thank you, I appreciate it, but I have to say women don't like mine unfortunately,I haven't spoken to a woman in almost 3 years now.

Another thing is, to form the front curls, which like I said are the only ones at the moment that I can successfully make without frizz, there is no frizz on those curls the front ones according to the picture, after the shower when it's wet I take my finger and take that whole section, it's almost 1 and a half inches in width on the front, and twirl it with my finger, this makes it into that curl formation and it stays that way. But I can't do it with the other parts of my hair is it because it's curlier there or just becuase it's not long enougH?
    vorsybl,

Sorry to hear about the women man. That stinks. I am to the point with my growing out, that I really don't care what people say because I like how I look and how I think it will look when it gets longer. My hair seems to be quite wiry, so it grows out from the head for a while, and then starts to curl. I seem to have a lot of variation from day to day. I have been growing mine out since July of last year, so I do not know what it will look like in another six months, but I think the curls will be more defined.

My basic advice is, keep growing it until it looks like the Da Vinci painting. I think it gives you a Latin look. It's okay to have that look. I am partially Latin, and I know where I live that people are not comfortable with that, but it doesn't matter. On me, the hair adds to that look. I think that folks (I assume you are in the U.S., if not just say so) in the U.S. today are only beginning to realize that men are allowed to show off masculine beauty. That is a phrase not often heard, but I think that if you perceive yourself as looking good, and that you will look better with longer hair, then you should go for it. I think it is a good look for you. It makes you look mature without being too machismo about it. It makes you look self-possessed and self-confident.

I find with me that many people (I live in an ultra-conservative religious area) where I live wonder if I am homosexual because of the length and curliness of my hair. Other Latins don't seem to make a bad fuss about it, most Latins where I live seem to have a more textured kind of hair than non-Latins.

One thing that I have actually had to do at work, is explain that my hair is naturally curly and that this was an unexpected turn of events. After that people kind of just lump it that I have curly hair.

In regards to the styling thing and growing it out more for more definition, I would say, based on what little experience I have, that with me I know that growing out my hair is making managing it easier. Some days it looks kind of like a fro, other days it looks more tightly curled.

Like yours, it curls in all kinds of directions. I don't know much what to do with that other than let it grow out some more, because honestly, it seems to get easier to handle the more defined the curls are allowed to be. What I do know, is that I feel more confident and self-possessed. If you can see a direction for it, keep to that direction. Hang in there.
    Yeah I live in the U.S, I'll take some heed to your knowledge thanks man.
  • aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    Sorry no one replied at first, I don't think there are many guys around here and the women probably only occasionally check the men's boards.

Your hair is gorgeous. I'd say 3a with maybe some 2c and 3b mix. It looks really healthy so, good job! A lot of guys don't even know what the heck to do with their curls. I really wouldn't worry about the sides/back...I mean I always think my curls in the back feel floofy or whatever when I touch it, but if I take a picture of the back of my head they actually look fine lol. You don't want your curls looking TOO uniform, either, because then that just starts looking weird...
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
    To those saying my hair looks nice thank you it's nice. I don't think though honestly I'll ever be comfortable with the way I look, and will continue to loathe how I was born and who I am and who I can't change for the rest of life. Life will be no doubt difficult in this way, people usually tell me I'll never change and they're right. I was lucky to have a Nordic girlfriend when I was a teenager who was the only person I ever truly loved, more than my family or parents who I've never said I love you to, but she became bored with me and left. I look at that picture and see an aberrant, a genetic failure. People tell me I need "professional help," and you might say that to me to, but I refuse to especially when I've been studying psychology for four years.

But I'll probably just let my hair grow for a while anyway, and continue wearing a hat everywhere I go, making sure not to make eye contact with anyone to avoid the obvious judgments to soon follow. I probably look like all the other Indians and Arabs, no matter how hard I've tried in this lifetime to mask my true ethnicity it's futile. I'm stuck this way, and when I look around I see everything as clear as day and can understand books and write essays, but in the end I have dark skin curly hair and black eyes, a genetic failure.
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    vorsybl wrote: »
    To those saying my hair looks nice thank you it's nice. I don't think though honestly I'll ever be comfortable with the way I look, and will continue to loathe how I was born and who I am and who I can't change for the rest of life. Life will be no doubt difficult in this way, people usually tell me I'll never change and they're right. I was lucky to have a Nordic girlfriend when I was a teenager who was the only person I ever truly loved, more than my family or parents who I've never said I love you to, but she became bored with me and left. I look at that picture and see an aberrant, a genetic failure. People tell me I need "professional help," and you might say that to me to, but I refuse to especially when I've been studying psychology for four years.

But I'll probably just let my hair grow for a while anyway, and continue wearing a hat everywhere I go, making sure not to make eye contact with anyone to avoid the obvious judgments to soon follow. I probably look like all the other Indians and Arabs, no matter how hard I've tried in this lifetime to mask my true ethnicity it's futile. I'm stuck this way, and when I look around I see everything as clear as day and can understand books and write essays, but in the end I have dark skin curly hair and black eyes, a genetic failure.

I seriously don't understand why you say that about yourself cause you are amazingly gorgeous, hair, eyes, face etc. You're the only one left to believe so. Don't think of yourself so lowly cause the God who created you think of YOU so highly He sent His son to die for you. He says it Himself in John 3:16"
    I don't think that would of happened if you were a 'genetic failure'. again, you are wonderfully made. You just have to realize that. and to the girl that left you, she missed out. And you don't have to carry that around cause it will only make you feel miserable. who likes to feel miserable? lol

I'm not just making this up, cause honestly that would be lame, it's in the Bible which is the word of God. So basically He Himself is saying that you are wonderfully and beautfifully made.
    "Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it." psalm 139: 14 incase you want to look it up.

He has a purpose with your life.
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
    John the baptist may be able to absolve my sins
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ^^Um...I call troll.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    vorsybl wrote: »
    John the baptist may be able to absolve my sins

john the baptist??? how come?

Hair Routine:

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

I am not sure where to start in response to this. I am going to leave religion out of this myself.

I guess I will start at skin tone and hair color.

These cannot get changed (well you could die your hair but probably not suggested). You have about the same skin tone (at least it seems so in the picture) as I do. I actually thought that you may be French. If you are feeling profiled, go to the authorities/someone you can trust, if possible, in order to help deal with the situation if profiling is what is happening.

Second I guess is ethnic background.

I can understand the issues surrounding this one. With my hair grown out like it is (and it is not even that long) I look less "white" than the area where I am living is comfortable with folks looking. My last name masks my full background, and at least once someone has been confused when talking to me and then looking at my name.

In the South of the U.S., especially South Carolina, it was for a long time very important to "pass", meaning "be able to appear white". For some people, like myself, we can pass much of the time, but not enough. Hidden skeletons do come into the light and then I deal with them. Yes it unnerves those who are afraid of difference. For many people in the U.S., a seeming discrepancy between name and physical features of another individual set off alarms and distrust, because the person who thinks they are perceiving a discrepancy in that situation, suddenly does not know what the boundaries are. They are confronted with a new version of reality, and they want to deny that reality, but it is right in front of them. When the stereotype, or typical interaction they are then presented with, by the other individual does not match the stereotype, or typical interaction, they are further unnerved because the boundaries they are accustomed to having are suddenly thrown to the winds. In other words, they perceive too quickly for their mind to handle, a different reality than they knew before meeting the other person. This is a reality they cannot deny. They want badly to make reality fit their perception instead of their perception fit reality. It seems akin to getting smacked by the proverbial 2x4.

Suggestion on how to deal with this is on a case by case basis. Personally, I don't really subscribe to the idea of race. In my mind, if there were different races, there would be no possibility of children between them. Therefore because there are children between people of "different races" the arguments in favor of the idea of race are inherently flawed. We are all transplanted Africans in different stages of migration. Melatonin production is usually relative to need for intensity of Vitamins D and K production etc., but on-going human migration mixes melatonin productions too. In South Africa, the descendants of the Dutch (the Afrikaners) have more melatonin than the more recent immigrants and their descendants. So, their skin pigmentation is actually adapting to the more intense rays of the sun in their new-old African homeland.

What am I saying in all of this? There will be people who are going to act ignorantly. I deal with many myself. Sometimes I think people with much darker skin have it easier than, I do from the perspective that there is almost no doubt about their background (usually), and therefore, they are not surprised repeatedly by different people being ignorant towards them. I understand what you mean about when people "find out about you", it's like they suddenly get sticker shock. In my experience, the decent ones will express some sort of small shock, apologize and then try to at least show polite interest.

Where I live, like you seem to find, there is a clique, and the clique admits those who look enough like it. I have dealt with discrimination, but cannot prove it in a court. After a while one gets to know "the look" where they're trying to figure out "what" you are. I was looking for an apartment last year, and the one landlord was giving me "the look". You know what I mean? He did end up calling me back about the place but I never returned his telephone call. I figured, "If you are going to treat me like that when I am looking at first renting the place, how are you going to treat me when something "goes wrong"?" What this has forced me to do is to become a stronger better person. Instead of joining the clique, I have had to become very self-reliant (which unnerves the members of the clique even more :icon_smile:, because you are telling them in a very polite forward manner where they can put it) and network with other people who are outside of the clique in order to make my life work. When I finally get out of this hole in the wall place, I will have such a better time of it than people who have never dealt with this stuff. Words or actions will not have as much power over me because I will have dealt already with much worse things. After a while you wonder why you ever thought you needed the clique. Later still, you realize that the clique needs you more than you have ever needed it, because if you essentially ignore it, the clique loses power.

Play on the clique's turf long enough to learn their game, then burn'em. They'll never know what hit'em. You can beat them at their own game, which will anger them probably the most. Just be sure to do it in a way that they don't realize what happened until it is over, and you are long gone. That way you are safe and they can only turn the anger directly at themselves. They are organized bullies. Nothing more, nothing less.

Educate yourself enough about your own background, and about the background of the clique with which you are dealing, so that you are comfortable with who you are, and can present yourself as a total person. Self-confidence is hard to get sometimes, and it can be especially hard to get when one is made to feel the difference especially strongly. I have met a few Arabs and they have been all different shapes and sizes, so for me there is not a stereotypical Arab. For some people, who are not mentally agile, life will continue to be full of surprises, people with our complexions and hair color and eyes in combination (you and I have very similar complexions, hair color, and eye color) deal with this pretty regularly it seems. We usually pass, but when we don't, it is good luck time as the ripples spread out through the community.

In my case, people were constantly asking (and still do) whether I were Italian. I am not Italian, but Italians are Latins, so I may as well have said yes. When I said "no", the people were even more disturbed by that answer. Their faces and sometimes their mouths said it all. Where I live, Latins of all types are suspected and generally disliked. It sometimes feels like an act of courage (for as stupid and ridiculous as this sounds) to walk into some of the places where I live, or to dare to open one's mouth and come out with an opinion or fact that runs counter to the discussion. Things can get heated very quickly indeed. At a fire company where I belonged for many years, and were people who had known me in other situations, I would walk in to pick up subs from a sale, and people would be saying instead of "Italian Sub", "Dego" and then looking at me. It finally got the point one time, where one of the other younger guys finally said, "Okay, I think we can stop with the "Dego" thing." He could see I was uncomfortable and upset with it, but that I wasn't going to say anything because I had too much pride.

Keep on keeping on. Things will improve. Sometimes the road goes through dark places, but keep the lights on for yourself, and make your own light. People will see it and move to you. Hang in there, you can do it.
  • aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    Well this is just depressing now. Just come move to NJ and we can be curly bffs. Done. :p
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
    In all honesty, I find it hard to believe in religion, or God, for pragmatic purposes

First of all, God lets idiots in Afghanistan blow up schools and prevent western reform for a better future. Including children etc.

Second of all, God lets white people with straight hair dominate Hollywood, and magazines, why did God make people look like models and other people nasty?

Why would God expect a human being who only has 1 certain life to suffer during it for eternal paradise in some place that may not even exist?

Please, the idea of God is for people who are too scared to accept the truth: that noone knows what is after life

I lived a year in France and speak the French language fluently. It's nice you thought I was French before any other of the darker races, but not enough people make that guess, like people in real life.

And yes I am aware of the reasons behind low/high pigmented coloration in different human traits but the fact is lighter pigments like brown/blonde hair and blue/green eyes are much rarer than the darker ones, making them more valuable.

Whatever it's all good as long as I'm alive I guess even though absconded from women all living things the primary purpose is to live.

And no I'm not profiled lmao I am just becoming more nervous at the fact that I'm getting older and the time I haven't spent interacting with women is growing larger, I'm afraid I"ll be 35 and still not have spoken to a woman yet. Oh forget it this is my destiny to be alone and I'll be happy alone
    I don't understand why people always think that God only has to do with the bad things in life. What about this super hot sun that is at the perfect distance to not completely burn us? or how plentiful plant life is and without it we would probably not have food to eat?

my answer to what you said is that God created man with free will. Hence, they can choose whether or not they want to believe in Him or not. Whether they want to be loving or blow up schools. He is a gentleman, and He won't butt in where people don't want Him. It's their choice to invite Him in or not.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in God's eyes we are all wonderfully and beautifully made. which is how we should view ourselves as well. But if someone else thinks differently well then, again, it's their choice. Doesn't mean it's right but it's their choice.

Hair Routine:

medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

Everything that is good as humans know it is a matter of chance and everything bad as humans know it is a matter of chance. Nothing is governing the laws of the universe except the universe itself and our own perceptions.
    I strongly disagree. Chance couldn't make life happen. no matter how many thousands of years they say it took. it's impossible that evolution occurred. there is no proof and without of proof the theory is basically still just a theory.

check your private messages.

Hair Routine:

medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

Glad you're not profiled. I'm in my mid-twenties, have not had a serious lady friend. Had a lady friend about whom I was really serious, but she and I both knew it wouldn't work in the long run. Oh well. Yeah, relationships can be tough.

I find that I am more confident with my hair the way it is now. Before I started growing it out and taking care of it, my confidence wasn't as high. Now, I hold my head high and level, and don't look at the ground as much. Call it swagger, but the confidence has made a difference in how people approach me. The way they have approached me has improved. Sometimes it takes a bit to become comfortable in ones own skin. I am not yet completely there, but life is better with curls than without.

Think of it as adding to your repertoire of accessories. Maybe stop shaving for a while. Women seem to be attracted to the combination of not shaving and curly hair. It seems like they see the curly hair, look further, notice the beard and then zero in on, "Hey, this guy is self-possessed and confident, but doesn't look like he's going to rip me in half." I think the curls have a softening effect on a guys appearance, and the beard seems to let women know that he is playing for them. Don't be afraid to let masculinity show through. I notice that other guys try to get me to cut my hair. Women almost universally like it (there are some crotchety ones who do not, but I think they are just jealous). This tells me that other men see the combination of curls and beard as competition. Tough crap on them.

I think as a guy, having curls can show a type of virility that guys with straight hair or partially balding heads cannot show. Likewise, I think that a totally bald head that is properly cared for, can show the same amount of virility as a head of curls can. Don't be afraid to work it a bit for the women. Even in an ultra-conservative area like where I am, they appreciate it.

Have fun with your own unique version of masculinity. Show it with confidence, and women will respond. It can take a bit of time, but I am betting you will attract some nice ladies. The actors with curly hair always have women attracted to them. The male singers who have curly hair always have women attracted to them.

Spring is almost here. Make the change from hat to no hat work for your spring style, and work the hat out of your wardrobe. My supposition, is that women will respond.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.
    love to yall... my fellow curlies. ^_^

but as far as love and such go... i say just embrace who you are... get out a bit... and you will find someone who will love all of you, as yourself. ^_^ that's what i believe... and i am in the same boat... haven't dated since 2007... but i am totally 100% happy with myself, and since embracing my hair, it has multiplied doubled over...

as far as my reasins for being single. i'm an introverted musician who is never bored, and that's me by myself... never being ored mixed with being introverted and somewhat a hermit, makes it a challenge to keep relationships (im referring to friends also) unless the oher person is willing to put a little more effort into hanging out. i'm auch a difficult person to deal with. lol!

but i believe there is someone out there totally compatible and perfect for me... the only thing is i don't really get out and socialize... and the few friends i do have are ones i have either played in a band with, or they are a fellow music artist, lmao!

but anywho... i believe if the effort to get out is there... you'll eventually find someone who is going to love everything about you.

love. ^_^
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

It's odd to find another person who sounds so much like me. asonurry, I have a similar personality to you and I can be intense. Women seem to find my hair and beard to lighten that personality a bit. What have you found?
    I feel like I shouldn't be here...

I'm the same way, lol...I don't date...and I amuse myself WAY too much (possibly too much) to be lonely or bored. Meh!
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    It's odd to find another person who sounds so much like me. asonurry, I have a similar personality to you and I can be intense. Women seem to find my hair and beard to lighten that personality a bit. What have you found?

it's a bit tricky. because i'm never bored and such an introvert... and always havr somethng going on in my mind, my focus is pretty much always on the moment and what i am doing at that moment. so i don't usually call ppl or if i am going somewhere,i usually don't ask anyone if they would lke to tag along... i just go.

so i get a lot of "you never call"... "we always have to go out of the way to get ou involved"... "why do you go to the movies alone, we can go with you"... etc. the list goes on.

so when meeting new friends or such when i actually do meet new ppl, i try to drop hints on how i am from conversation one. it doesn't help that i don't like to plan things to do for my free time. i just like to float and what happens happens, c'cause i'm going to enjoy the ride regardless, but if i PLAN to go somewhere, and something else comez up... there is friction that appears that i do not pike one bit. lol.

and that's just scratching the surface. I like to say.'m so simple, that it makes me seem complex, but i'm really not.

@EllyElly: lol! ^_^ it's great having you here. haha! ^_^ yeah...

do people tend to claasify you all as eccentric? @unexpected curly & ellyellyoxenfree

i feel my hair is a great representation of my personality, lol! you see what's there, but don't try to look deep into things or else you'll get confused with all that's going on. but if you look at the picure as a whole, it all makes perfect sense. ^_^

@asonurry Not really eccentric...more goofy....but I'm def like an extroverted loner, if that even makes sense. But I go to the movies alone all the time and unlike most girls I HATE going to the mall in a group (shopping is serious business, I don't need other people holding me back!). Unless I'm going out out, like to a party or the club/bar, it's just easier to go alone rather than do a bunch of planning, have to work with other people's schedules, wait for people, etc etc...I don't think it's weird, I feel like people should be able to do things alone and still enjoy their day, ya know?
    YouTube
    My hair definitely brings out my personality better. It is somewhat messy, but well intentioned and finds its own direction. I am not sure whether people where I live characterize me as eccentric or not. I was assaulted and battered last year by a family member, so I am in the process of putting years of abuse behind me and defining better who I am. The hair is part of that. It was a total shock to find out it is curly, but that seems to charm women, so it works.

Thank you for sharing about yourself asonurry. I can identify with the whole, go out if I want to go out deal. I think being single one must allow one to do this for oneself. It was weird the first few times, but after that it was okay. I don't really have cash to go out much, but it is fun when I do.

EllyElly- I can identify with the whole "shop on own thing". It is nice to window shop at say King of Prussia, even though I know I will not buy anything. I don't bother looking at clothing stores where I live, because almost nothing fits or is the wrong color and shading for my complexion. Therefore, shopping takes huge amounts of time that other people do not seem to understand the reason for dedicating. This is definitely done better alone :)

Yeah, embracing the curls is definitely making life easier. It's cool to see women jealous of the hair. Men who do not have curly hair don't seem to like it, if only because it out-competes them automatically. Other curly guys, I have noticed, kind of give you the "all right man, you've got the curly thing goin' on, rock it for the ladies dude" look.

Rock the lock.
    amen yall! lol!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file