can you grow out hair when its always ..

guanacaxlatinaguanacaxlatina Posts: 69Registered Users
..tied up!!!

i always need to wear my hair up, i cant seem to ever be able to wear my hair down except for bedtime, soo im wondering if its actually "bad" for your hair if it will cause some stunt problem to grow out my hair or something???

will someone please help me with this!!

ALSO how long can someone go withouth trimming their hair?? i usually dont see any split ends as i dont use any heat on it (i air dry, or cold shot dry) it just seems like going one step back when i trim it and trying to grow it out!!!
Totally Loving My New Hair! :toothy8:

Waist Length Black 2b-2c Hair, Thick, Coarse. Normal Porosity. Slight Protein Sensitive.

Comments

• pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    Hi,

I think that doing protective styles (like ponytails) is a really good way to grow out your hair. Especially during the cold month when longer hair tends to snag on cotton coats which can cause split ends. As long as you take care of your hair properly (ie: using products that work, being aware of the protein/moisture balance, trimming when necessary etc.) you should be fine.

I just trim my hair when my ends feel rough, so I can't really help you with that.

Hope that helps =)
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ..tied up!!!

i always need to wear my hair up, i cant seem to ever be able to wear my hair down except for bedtime, so I'm wondering if its actually "bad" for your hair if it will cause some stunt problem to grow out my hair or something???

will someone please help me with this!!

ALSO how long can someone go without trimming their hair?? i usually dont see any split ends as i dont use any heat on it (i air dry, or cold shot dry) it just seems like going one step back when i trim it and trying to grow it out!!!

Keeping your hair tied back will protect it from damage while it grows out. You really don't need to trim it unless you find dry or split ends, or you want a different style. I think the 6 week trim schedule is intended to keep the hairdressers in business, rather than being a necessary thing for your hair.

When you do tie it back be sure that whatever hair tie, barrette, pins, etc. you use are not catching your hair or causing breakage.That would be the only bad thing. Also don't pull it too tight and stress the roots.

When I was in college, I wore my hair french braided
    or in a twist held up with a wooden hair pin, daily for about three years. It grew a lot!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file