CurlTalk

Battling the frizz...

Jersey8304Jersey8304 Posts: 6Registered Users
I decided to flat-iron my hair for the first time in ages over the weekend. I bought a GVP iron (love it) and I used Silk Elements Megasilk Heat Protection Spray (also love it), and my hair looks fantastic.

However, I'm already starting to lose a battle with stray strands and frizziness. I made the mistake of putting a little bit of Citre Shine Anti-Frizz serum on my hair, and now it looks limp and greasy.

I know I've followed all the rules until I used the Citre Shine (ionic dryer, not-cheap iron on a low setting, heat protection, wrapping it at night), so I need some more advice on what to put on my hair to keep the flyaway ends down. I know that some people have been ok with no products after flat ironing, but I definitely need something for daily use. Help!

Thanks in advance - the NC boards haven't led me wrong yet!
3b/c - Fine, normal porosity(?)
Shampoo - KC Come Clean
Condish - Curls Coconut Curlada
Leave-In - KC Knot Today
Styler (when curly) - KCCC
Styler (when straight) - still looking...
No 'cones (when wearing curly), no sulfates.

Comments

• anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
    When I flat-iron my hair, I generally don't use any products other than a thermal heat protection spray.

But, once in a while I have tried Agadir Argan Oil Spray Treatment or Garnier Fructis Style Brilliantine Shine Glossing Spray (both of these are not CG).

I've also used Avon's mark Salon Straight No-Iron Smoothing Fluid (this is CG - contains no cones).

None of these products are greasy on me - but I use them sparingly. They are good for eliminating frizz.

Good Luck!!
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • Jersey8304Jersey8304 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks, anniemae! I'll definitely check out the Salon Straight from mark...I like that there's no 'cones in it!
    3b/c - Fine, normal porosity(?)
    Shampoo - KC Come Clean
    Condish - Curls Coconut Curlada
    Leave-In - KC Knot Today
    Styler (when curly) - KCCC
    Styler (when straight) - still looking...
    No 'cones (when wearing curly), no sulfates.
  • DimePiece17DimePiece17 Posts: 521Registered Users
    I've never known a cone free product to really battle the frizz when straightening your hair. Once in a while won't kill you. Sabino moisture block is the best around.
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fdimepieceonadime.tumblr.com%2F" class="Popup
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users
    Hairguru17 wrote: »
    I've never known a cone free product to really battle the frizz when straightening your hair. Once in a while won't kill you. Sabino moisture block is the best around.

Yes, I've used Sabino, too, and it's really good, especially during the summer humid months.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog: