Hair Help

curlysmithcurlysmith Posts: 4Registered Users
I believe my hair is a 4c. At the moment I'm just trying to grow my hair long and healthy. It grows pretty slow on both sides so I have to pat the top down most of the time. Any tips on care and maintenance would be greatly appreciated. The pictures were taken after a co-wash, while my hair was air drying.

Comments

• somethingelsesomethingelse Posts: 75Registered Users
    hmmm... i don't know... when my hair was that length, i was preety much combing it out... though at the time, i didn't have much knowledge on what i know now. i'd try out things to see what could come about.

BUT a few times i did run my palms around my head in clockwise motion to form mini coils... but as my hair stated geting longer, i felt it was best not to, as i didn't want to tangle my hair.
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

btw, pardon my all lower case. i just love 'em.
  • curlysmithcurlysmith Posts: 4Registered Users
    yea, i've been doing a little research and from what i've read it seems keeping the hair moisturized and leaving it alone helps it grow the fastest. thanks for your input.
  • Bridal.WreathBridal.Wreath Posts: 65Registered Users
    Another thing you might want to consider is making sure your hair is getting enough protein as well.
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • sleepyjesssleepyjess Posts: 297Registered Users
    I've read in a few places that massaging the scalp is supposed to help hair grow...and I know some of the curlies here take vitamins that are supposed to promote growth as well, though I've never taken them so I can't speak for their effectiveness.
    Oregon curly!
    Fine hair; weighed down easily; high porosity; prone to flyaways & The Bedhead Look
    2b? (or not 2b? Heehee.)
    Mod-CG since Nov '10
    Cowash: VO5 Calming Chamomile
    RO: Desert Essences Coconut
    Gel: Pantene Curls Gel, LALSG
    http://public.fotki.com/sleepyjess/ (updated: 5.28.11)

"She may be afraid of trees. But when push comes to shove, she won't let you drink the shampoo. No matter how good it smells."

:faroah:Visit me! http://nakedsquid.blogspot.com
  • vorsyblvorsybl Banned Posts: 20Banned Users
    ^Nice hair
    I just started taking multivitamins about a week ago so I don't see any results quite yet. I massage my scalp at least 2 times a week though. I have noticed that since using olive oil mixture breakage doesn't occur as often either. As for protein, I think I need to find a good hair mayo that can supply that.
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Regular mayo does just that. Buy real mayo with just egss, oil and vinegar. Or, mix up some of your own. Whip egss, olive, soybean or other oil, and a little vinegar/lemon juice all together until it emulsifies then apply to hair and leave in at least 30 minutes before shampooing. add some ayurvedic herbs to deliver extra punch and WHAM!
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
    I usually do that for a deep condition about once a week. I just use regular mayo though, no eggs, olive oil, castor oil, baby oil, shea butter and cocoa butter. Can someone tell me what my hair type is? I think it's a 4c but I'm not sure.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file