Help please

MichaelTMichaelT Posts: 12Registered Users
Hello, this is my first post here. I've been popping in sometimes, looking over posts to try and learn something, but today I thought the best thing would be to probably register and ask for specific advice, so here I go.
I'm guessing my hair is 4a, but I'm not sure, so here's a picture:
http://i52.tinypic.com/2lctrlw.jpg

Basically, everyday in the morning I wet my hair and add conditioner after the shower, but it always gets really dry later in the day, even though I have satin pillowcases and a satin bonnet. If I twist it areound before sleep sometimes in the morning I can spray conditioner and its ok to wear, but by day two its usually all stretched out and what curl it has is more like straightened hair twisting rather than a spiral, which just makes it go flat if it gets wet.
I don't know how to condition it throughout the day either, because If I just run my hand through it it gets extremely frizzy, nevermind trying to comb conditioner through it or add it with my hands. Its really annoying, because unless I wet my whole head in the morning each day its just a ball of tangled black things, definitely too embarassing to even take one step outside the house. I also can't get any definition with any technique I've seen anywhere, the only time it curls nicely is when i shower over it untill its completely wet, but then it gets dry really quickly, and same thing again next morning :sleepy3:

Sorry if its a lot to take in, I wanna make sure I show the whole picture, thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• somethingelsesomethingelse Posts: 75Registered Users
    haha! my hair is 4b, but i have he same thing going with my hair that you described (except i don't have a problem with the dryness)

i get the best result during shower time... finger combing my conditioner in, then shaking my head under the water for about 15 to 20 seconds.

i do know what you mean about dryness... but i also went through a tonof conditioners... the found my place with Yes To Carrots.

I also mix quite a it of Taliah Waajid's Bodifier, with a little bit of my Yes To Carrots cnditioner, with a even less amount of Shea Moisture's Shea Butter Lotion into a small water bottle with water. shake, and spray/mist it.

Sometimes I do that after I diffuse it. either way, that pretty much keeps my hair nice and moistured.

As far as second day hair and so on... I'm still working on that one.

your hair looks awesome in that pic btw. rock on!
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

btw, pardon my all lower case. i just love 'em.
  • MichaelTMichaelT Posts: 12Registered Users
    Thanks! I don't know any of the brands (im guessing most people here are from America), but ill try an equivalent, the thing is, when i spray something on my hair it stays on top of it rather than being absorbed for hours, but a lot of the time i can get it looking good, but then when i wake up next day, its basically all dead, squashed, tangled and dried.
    what kind of conditioner are you using?

in the past, i've had clashes with fusing certain products together, mainly when oils are involved...

there issomehing out there that'll work for you. it's been. year of searching for me and i'm just finally finding my fav conditioner back in jan. i am now on the search for a daily moisturizer, but also looking for a produc that'll help me achieve the look i get when i do my thang in the shower.
    products: after everything I've tried & loved, I'm now down to just using yes to carrots conditioner. i actually just rub it on my hair while dry, get my hair moisted up with just that, then carefully finger comb/seperate sections of my hair (takes about 15-20 minutes). after that, i hope in the shower, let the water hit and shake-rinse my hair and massage my scalp. once out, i simple let my hair air dry. every now and then, i'll use a diffuser.

• MichaelTMichaelT Posts: 12Registered Users
    I get pretty much anything that says its moisturising and for curly hair and not ridiciolously expensive, i find really dilute conditioners work well for me, thicker ones cant get through.
    i finally think i may have jist found a way to get my curls gping without having to get it in the shower...

i took my conditioner (though tomorrow i'll try it with an actual leav in product) and ran in it through my hair while dry and massged it in good. then i took my plain water bottle, and sprayed down my hair that i parted each time as if i were getting corn rows, and just ran my finger through each row, which activated my curls into motion.

tonight was just a test run, tomorrow i'll actually try it full on.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file