Build up. Poo once a week

cutenelicuteneli Posts: 58Registered Users
I use silicone free conditioner and gel but I still get some buildup. Whenever I wash my hair (everyday) I put lots of conditioner on my scalp to try to get rid of buildup. It doesn't really help. I've been pooing once a week. I really want to go completely CG. Any tips? I also am having trouble with my hair because my hair is layered. I can't ever wear my hair completely down because the top layers get huge. I'm trying to grow it out. Any tips on making it grow faster?
3a, 3b (corkscrew)
Texture: mostly medium except for some messed up parts on top which are coarse.
Porosity: High
Haircut: I got my hair majorly thinned!!! Best thing I ever did!

Still looking for the perfect products! And trying to deal with hard water!

Comments

• nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    First of all, you don't need to put a ton of conditioner in your hair to cowash. You only use the conditioner for slip, to make it easier to scrub, so that your hair does not get all tangled up and you can get to your scalp easier. The trick to clean hair isn't more conditioner, it's more scrubbing. The technique of cowashing is very different from washing with regular poo. Don't lather up, work it in and rinse as you would with a regular poo, you need to get your fingers inthere and scrub, thourougly, for a good while.

Build up could be caused by several things, such as (water soluble cones in) products that don't get scrubbed out well, silicones in the poo you use or hard water. Try what I suggested first, if this doesn't help, take a look at your products or your water.

HTH
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    I also get build up from doing cg, and I scrub to my heart's content during my cowashes and still have that issue- and I love my scalp scrubs :toothy8:. That's why I use a low poo, and I know many others on this board use one as well. Many others have success with using baking soda rinses as well to get rid of build up, but I've never tried that. As long as your low poo is cone/sulfate free, you're still cg.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• cutenelicuteneli Posts: 58Registered Users
    Turns out my shampoo had silicone in it! Who knew? It's so messed up. You use shampoo to get rid of silicone. And they put silicone in the shampoo! That means you have to keep using shampoo to get rid of cones that are in there BECAUSE of the shampoo! It's like putting dirt in soap! At least now I know. I'm gonna get a cone free shampoo to get rid of the cones and then maybe I can finally go CG.
    3a, 3b (corkscrew)
    Texture: mostly medium except for some messed up parts on top which are coarse.
    Porosity: High
    Haircut: I got my hair majorly thinned!!! Best thing I ever did!

Still looking for the perfect products! And trying to deal with hard water!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file