Help!

Hi, I've been on CG for almost 2 months now and my hair is still looking greasy, and is not any curlier then before I started. How long does it usually take to transition?
I am CO washing every other day and water washing in between and I use a sulfate free shampoo once a week to get rid clean my hair out...

CO: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Rinse out: Pure and natural cool mint
No sulfate: Live Clean

Any suggestions?

Comments

• nikskenikske Registered Users Posts: 556
    2 Months is too long, it may be the combination of products you use.

Both your CO and RO seem rich ini oils, they may be too heavy for your hairtype. What is your hairtype? Perhaps you should try some lighter products.

Also, I don't know the Live Green lowpoo, can it remove silicones? Perhaps some other ladies can chime in. Was your last wash a sulfate one?
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
  • Eden1071Eden1071 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Umm I am not actually sure what my hair type is. I found that site where it tells you how to find out and honestly I still don't really know. My hair has always gotten greasy easily though.

Do you know some good kind of products or ingredients I can look for in lighter conditioners?

I am not sure the Live Clean is doing a very good job :)
    Yes, my last wash I did was a sulfate one to clean all silicones out, and I have done 3 baking soda/acv rinses since.

thanks for the help :)
  • aliquotaliquot Registered Users Posts: 227
    What was your last sulfate poo with?

Also, I agree with above poster about oils. I have 3b curls, but because it is fine and low/normal porosity, I can't use products with lots of oils in them. It makes my curls sad, especially the ones around my face. I hardly ever use a rinse out conditioner, you might try eliminating that, and using as little LI conditioner as possible (if any at all).

Or it is possible your cowash just isn't for you. When I was using Suave Naturals, my hair was clean but my curls were limp. Now I'm using VO5 and they're much happier! It wouldn't hurt to switch and try it, a bottle of VO5 is generally less than $1, and SN is very cheap as well and many people like it.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
  • Eden1071Eden1071 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Yes I think I will try a new brand with less oils.
    but I am up in Canada and I have heard that VO5 has silicones in the line that is sold here... and I was using suave as well except it made my head quite itchy.

:) Any other suggestions for products?
    thanks for the help!
  • aliquotaliquot Registered Users Posts: 227
    Huh. That is weird, I never thought that companies would put different ingredients/lines based on country... At least check it out, maybe they've changed it. I use the Kiwi Lime "clarifying conditioner". There is also another clarifying one, I think Vanilla Mint Tea or something.

As for other drugstore brands, I've been recommended White Rain conditioners as well, although I haven't tried them out since the VO5 seems to be working for me right now. Probably the "naturals" line would be the ones to look at.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file