22 month transition over

glamchic99glamchic99 Registered Users Posts: 4
i did the bc today after a 22 month transition. this is my first post, as i usually lurk. my hair is alot thicker than i thought. lol :mrgreen: its also alot shorter than i thought. :oops: i'm still getting used to it though.
i just got fed up with the shedding and breakage, and decided to just cut it off. i originally planned to transition for 3 years or atleast until i was bsl straightened or apl curly (probably 4 years realistically) here are my pics:

DSC02490-2.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02480.jpg

DSC02494-1.jpg

DSC02474.jpg

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    Congratulations.

I transitioned for a similar amount of time (23 months and 4 days) and I know it must've taken great patience not to shave your head (I know it did for me). I also thought my hair would be a bit longer after transitioning, but after evening out my hair I found that my hair was only shoulder length stretched when curly. Now it touches my shoulders on its own before it shrinks. =/

Well hope to see you around the board posting more and not just being a lurker. We're here to help. :geek:
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • glamchic99glamchic99 Registered Users Posts: 4
    thank you. the time actually flew by, especially the first year. the second year is what seemed to take forever. when i searched for other people who transitioned for a similar amount of time, most of them had apl hair. my hair stretched appears to be cl/sl layers. i just wanted to get it over with, and start from scratch. and thanks for the warm welcome.
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Registered Users Posts: 1,665
    I guess everyone's hair growth per month is different. My hair grows pretty quick apparently now that I don't have the perm anymore . . LOL. I don't plan on straightening it until August to get a trim. I'm currently growing out heat damage since I transitioned with flat ironing and damaged my curl pattern on one side of my head. Ugh.

And you're welcome.

Have you figured out your hair type yet?
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
    not really, i originally thought 3c/4a, but now i think just 4a, and the stylist said she believes its 4a as well.
  • LisaGurlLisaGurl Registered Users Posts: 54
    Wow, 22 months is hella long! Amazing.
    Congratulations! :)
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Registered Users Posts: 111
    Just WOW
    Congrats!

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!
  • secret_karmasecret_karma Registered Users Posts: 438
    Your hair is gorgeous :) Congrats on being au naturale.
    thanks everyone!!
  • virgo76virgo76 Registered Users Posts: 45
    Congrats...looks great :toothy8:
    Transitioned 26 months - BC - 12/5/2010
    Current - SL ; CBL stretched
    Goal - HL curly

Pre-poo - HV Vatika Frosting
    Wash - HV Amala Cream Rinse or SheScentIt (SSI) Jojoba Hemp Conditioning Shampoo (to clarify)
    Leave-in -
    SSI Coco Creme Leave-In/Green Grape then seal with HV Cocasta Shikakai Oil or Komaza Coconut Curl Spray plus Coconut Curl Hair Lotion
    DC -
    SSI Banana Brulee
    Edges/twist outs - KCCC/Komaza
    Coconut Curly Pudding/Curl Gel-les`c

Still sampling...just the PJ in me:toothy8:
  • caramelqtcaramelqt Registered Users Posts: 15
    Wow that's amazing!!!..definitely a big motivator for me who's 11 months and not ready for a big chop..keep up the great progress in your natural and hair growing journey! =)

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • hkh0609hkh0609 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Its been 9 months for me and i want to get to my year mark before big chop or not. I said to myself that i wouldnt cut my hair but its hard not to when i see my wavey/curly hair growing in. I dont know what i want to do now!!
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Mz Dija

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file