Does Anyone Else Experience This??

MyHairIsMyHobbyMyHairIsMyHobby Posts: 25Registered Users
So I have noticed that the hair in the back of my head grows a lot faster than that in the front! Does anyone else's hair grow unevenly? If so, what did you do to prevent the mullet look?
Last relaxer:
April 1, 2010
Shampoos:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Aubrey Organics HoneySuckle Rose Moisturizing Shampoo
Conditioners:
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa
Alter Ego
Really Loving My new Ayurvedic Regimen
Currently Loving:
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Creme and Spritz!
Follow Me On Twitter: @CurlTheory

event.png

Comments

• NATURALiSASSYNATURALiSASSY Posts: 4Registered Users
    i have the same problem only the middle grows faster then the back and the front ...but it could also be how you are styling your hair ...and your hair foliculs are sepperated into groups. hair tends to grow and rest for months at a time. so the hair in the front may be resting ...to prolong or help your hairgrowth you can mix MSM powder with olive oil and water and moisterize ur scalp everynt or other nt.OR you can take MSM pills. the MSM does nothing but shortens ur hairs resting period .
    NATURALiSASSY:mrgreen:
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know for me it seems like the top grows quicker than the back, but what it really is is that my curls are looser around the crown area and the back has more shrinkage. It's weird. Haha.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • krazy coilskrazy coils Posts: 148Registered Users
    The back of my hair grows way faster than the rest. I am APL in the back, my sides are SL-CL and the front is chin length. Sometimes shrinkage keeps the back from looking noticeably longer but I usually just pin the back up into an updo.
    Last Relaxer: February 2009
    Big Chop: September 8, 2009
    Shampoo: Still Searching
    Conditioner:Nature's Gate Aloe Vera and Pomegranate Sunflower
    Deep Conditioner: Elucenc MBC
    CurrentProducts: Qhemets AOHC and OHHB, Oyin Hair Dew,Hemp Seed Oil, Castor Oil, Amla, Brahmi

Fotki:http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/
    Youtube
  • curlyclo89curlyclo89 Posts: 173Registered Users
    I have the same problem - the back/bottom seems to retain length better and is looser, so hangs down a bit lower than the rest. I have my hair cut in long layers which helps, but when it gets too long (to the point where it looks like I have 2 different haircuts, lol), I get a trim.

Also, when I wear a ponytail, I sometimes don't pull my hair all the way through so the long part is up and looks shorter.
    :sunny: 3c/4a; medium porosity; high elasticity; M; iii

• Naptural9jaNaptural9ja Posts: 183Registered Users
    The top of my hair grows faster than the back, and the right is longer than the left. I am all types of lopsided!
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The top of my hair grows faster than the back, and the right is longer than the left. I am all types of lopsided!
    ^^^This is how my hair operates. I think it's the layers from my self-BC though. I like the layers and I don't wanna even them out.

My problem is with multiple textures...The hair at my nape is less textured than the rest of my hair. When I do "out" styles, it hangs awkwardly. To combat this, I set the back of my ytwists/braids on perm rods. It works very well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file