We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

ACV rinse

DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
I'm going to try an ACV rinse for the first time tomorrow. Do I do a condish treatment afterwards? I've been using my OneC. I think I figured out the problem I was having with it - I was using too much.
anyway, should I use One C after the ACV rinse or no?
Darby
PW:curlyhaired

Natural hair color - dark brunette
Fine, thinish hair/3a, 3b

Comments

• The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    What I do is co-wash, then ACV rinse and massage it into the scalp and hair and let it sit for a bit, then I rinse it out and condition as per usual.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    ok, I'm going to try that. Do you use straight ACV or do you dilute it in water? All the articles I've read said to dilute about a cup into a qt. of water.

• The ScientistThe Scientist Posts: 239Registered Users
    What I do is take a big cup (I know, real specific...sorry) and fill it up to what looks like anywhere from 1/8 to 1/4 the volume with ACV. The, I add the water. I know that's not real specific but I don't think it has to be. Just be sure to dilute it at least 4X, if that makes sense.
    2c/3a modified CG
    HG product: AG Recoil... Searching for others...
    HG method: pixiecurl method of drying. I'll never go back!
  • DarbyDarby Posts: 1,025Registered Users
    I now remember why I never used the ACV rinse!! I now remember doing it a long time ago. GWAD, my memory is going!
    Anyway, I get way too soft hair making it limp with very little curl afterwards. So, I had to re-wash with a sulfate shampoo (my hair loves sulfates) and start all over.
    I went to Aveda and bought some hair detoxifier. Maybe that will work for hard water build up instead of ACV.
    Darby

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file