wash and go and white hair

alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
Okay ladies, for those of you who do wash and goes how do you get rid of the white product without having to plop, diffuse or sit under the dryer. It's called a wash and GO but really this doesn't seem like much of a quick style especially if your hair dries slowly...whatever you use will show up on the hair until it dries.

Liquid leave in's like greg juice are perfect because they are clear but do nothing for hold or definition so this isn't really ideal for a wash and go.

Anyone have a quick way to dry your leave in or styler of choice without disturbing the curl.
Album: http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q165/alsaxon/Hair/

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Comments

• neo-soul hairneo-soul hair Posts: 6Registered Users
    I used to use KCCC, but the other day I used the kimmaytube leave in only... and it was beautiful
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    I used to use KCCC, but the other day I used the kimmaytube leave in only... and it was beautiful

do you diffuse or plop?

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    White product? Either your products don't interact well, or you've used too much of one. Whenever the latter happens (i.e: when I use creamier products like CJ CCCC), I have to smooth my hair down btwn my fingers to get as much of the excess cream out before adding more water by spraying my hair down. Then I diffuse.

In this weather, I cannot imagine anyone NOT diffusing to set the curl bc the cold simply wont help you. No matter the weather, I believe diffusion of at least the canopy and outerlayers should be done for optimal frizz prevention. The inner layers usually always take hours to days to dry for most and that's something readily accepted by most, but the 15-20 mins used to set the style is worth it.

HTH.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's your products reacting...if you use the right products, this will not happen, or if your hair is white, it will only be that way for like 10 minutes while the product settles in. It takes ALL DAY for my hair to dry, so if my hair stayed white until it dried, wash n gos would not be an option for me, and they are my staple style. I do not diffuse or plop. Here are some combos that work well:

Oyin Honey Hemp + KCCC
    Donna Marie Cocoa Hemp Buttermilk + Curl Junkie Curl Queen (which has not reacted with any leave-in I use so far)
    Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion + Curl Junkie Curl Queen
    Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme (alone)

Other leave-ins that often do not react include Oyin Hair Dew, Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-In, and Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (although this reacts sometimes). For me, I've found that the more buttery a LI in, the more chance it has of forming the white clumps.

Also, if I do get them, I can sometimes make them go away by using a finisher, like Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle or Knotty Girl Leave-In Conditioner, or even smoothing some additional water on top of my hair and shaking it out.

Today, I used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion, Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, and some Miracurl Curling Gelly on top for extra frizz control and hold. Here's my hair:

washngojan31-vi.jpg

My hair is still really wet in the pic (you can see the light reflecting off of the water), but it's not white at all.

Anywho, hope that helps some.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    yup, it's just that some products don't play well together or you've used too much. i never diffuse my hair and my go to combo this winter that works well without any white residue is elucence moisture balancing conditioner + catsor oil + a few sprays of kinky curly spiral spritz. interestingly enough elucence + KCCC leaves white residue.
  • tabbysuetabbysue Posts: 122Registered Users
    I agree with the ladies above, your products are probably not playing well together. I use DB creamy condish as my leave-in and Bee Mine Curly Butter as my styler. For the first few minutes it's alittle white, then it goes away when I finger comb for distribution and shake. By the time I leave the house for work the whiteness is gone and it's just damp.
    Shampoo: TJ Tea Tree Tingle (only to remove buildup)
    Co-wash/Detangler: Suave Naturals Conditioner
    Leave-in/Styler: Uncle Funky's Curly Magic
    2nd day refresher: Uncle Funky's Thirsty Curls
    Routine: Wash and Go
    Porosity: Normal-High
    Texture: Fine/Thin and Kinky
    White product? Either your products don't interact well, or you've used too much of one. Whenever the latter happens (i.e: when I use creamier products like CJ CCCC), I have to smooth my hair down btwn my fingers to get as much of the excess cream out before adding more water by spraying my hair down. Then I diffuse.

In this weather, I cannot imagine anyone NOT diffusing to set the curl bc the cold simply wont help you. No matter the weather, I believe diffusion of at least the canopy and outerlayers should be done for optimal frizz prevention. The inner layers usually always take hours to days to dry for most and that's something readily accepted by most, but the 15-20 mins used to set the style is worth it.

HTH.

Hey. I guess I didn't explain myself well. It's not white residue like...its almost like when your hair is wet right out of the shower and you put a leave in on...it's not clear. It looks like cloudy water. I know I'm not doing a good job explaining. It's definitely not an overuse of product...when it dries there is no residue.

I guess I was trying to see if anyone had any tricks. When I was short my wash and goes took two minutes. Rinse apply product put a towel on for less than a minute and I was out. As it got longer I had to plop longer and this would mess up my curl formation, imo. Eventually instead of plopping I used a paper towel to tap out the non-clear areas (I guess I can try that again).

I'm not against diffusing but it adds time to the morning routine which is why I posted. I know what to do to get rid of the white. Diffuse or plop but I was just wondering if there were other ideas.

I stop WNG's because of knots but am thinking of taking them back up.
    ellepixie wrote: »
    It's your products reacting...if you use the right products, this will not happen, or if your hair is white, it will only be that way for like 10 minutes while the product settles in. It takes ALL DAY for my hair to dry, so if my hair stayed white until it dried, wash n gos would not be an option for me, and they are my staple style. I do not diffuse or plop. Here are some combos that work well:

Oyin Honey Hemp + KCCC
    Donna Marie Cocoa Hemp Buttermilk + Curl Junkie Curl Queen (which has not reacted with any leave-in I use so far)
    Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion + Curl Junkie Curl Queen
    Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme (alone)

Other leave-ins that often do not react include Oyin Hair Dew, Curl Junkie Beauticurls Leave-In, and Curl Junkie Curl Rehab (although this reacts sometimes). For me, I've found that the more buttery a LI in, the more chance it has of forming the white clumps.

Also, if I do get them, I can sometimes make them go away by using a finisher, like Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle or Knotty Girl Leave-In Conditioner, or even smoothing some additional water on top of my hair and shaking it out.

Today, I used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion, Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, and some Miracurl Curling Gelly on top for extra frizz control and hold. Here's my hair:

washngojan31-vi.jpg

My hair is still really wet in the pic (you can see the light reflecting off of the water), but it's not white at all.

Anywho, hope that helps some.

U have beautiful hair and yes it does help! My products are not reacting because I only used one. I used BB Frizz Pudding. Nothing under it and nothing on top. After I finished I put my hair and 6 big twists and of course it stayed super wet but made the most beautiful texture but since it was super wet the whitish/gray was still on some strands. Maybe I should have left it out in a fro to dry before posting this. It is possble it would have dried within 10 to 15 minutes. I'm going to try that...maybe I'm jumping the gun.

BTW my hair hated the Honey Hemp as leave in. OMG!

Your idea to smooth additional water on top is a good idea!

Thanks!
    subbrock wrote: »
    yup, it's just that some products don't play well together or you've used too much. i never diffuse my hair and my go to combo this winter that works well without any white residue is elucence moisture balancing conditioner + catsor oil + a few sprays of kinky curly spiral spritz. interestingly enough elucence + KCCC leaves white residue.

Thank you. I'm only using one product. I think a lot of this has to do with the porosity of my hair. It does not absorb...wants to let nothing in.
    tabbysue wrote: »
    I agree with the ladies above, your products are probably not playing well together. I use DB creamy condish as my leave-in and Bee Mine Curly Butter as my styler. For the first few minutes it's alittle white, then it goes away when I finger comb for distribution and shake. By the time I leave the house for work the whiteness is gone and it's just damp.

Yeah, I think I may have been a little patient and the product that I used doesn't allow me to dry my hair in big twists like other products. It will never dry.

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is the first ingredient in that water or a butter?
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    If she is talking about the blended beauty curly frizz pudding then i believe the first two ingredients are probably aloe juice and chamomile water.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
    LeeLee182 wrote: »
    If she is talking about the blended beauty curly frizz pudding then i believe the first two ingredients are probably aloe juice and chamomile water.

that's right but it does have she butter in it so maybe that is causing the whiteness. I try this weekend and see how long the whiteness last if I leave it out. It may not be as big a deal as I'm making it.

• LeeLee182LeeLee182 Posts: 784Registered Users
    Yeah i remember when BB first became popular a lot of people complained of the whiteness. Might be a porosity issue as you mentioned..i know for me i always put some of the bb product in my hands..emulsify it and then add a little water to my hands.

I do that with just about every product i use..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Blue Curls Don't Care!*

iHerb $5 off Code: HIV320
    KY is for inferior b*tches. -Keeny*

My YouTube Channel ~ http://www.youtube.com/user/CurleeDrugz

Blog:http://norehabneeded.wordpress.com/
    Yeah i remember when BB first became popular a lot of people complained of the whiteness. Might be a porosity issue as you mentioned..i know for me i always put some of the bb product in my hands..emulsify it and then add a little water to my hands.

And honestly it is the only thing that makes my hair soft, seriously that's why I'm trying to make it work. I already found out the hard way it does not mix well with certain products!

i'll try the water trick. I do that with my conditioner and it makes it more slippery. Why that works I don't know.

• adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had this same problem when I did wash and gos no matter what products I used. I finally figured out it was a porosity issue. layering a lot of products can be a problem. What I'm doing now is cowash and detangle in the shower. I rinse out the condish then leave my hair in four twists. When I get out the shower, I undo the twists one at at time and put in a small amount of the moisturizer. Then I retwist and go about what I need to do for awile. Typically 15 minutes. I find this gives my hair time to absorb. I Then I go on to a little oil and my styler. Lately I'm using activator gel. My curls look great and no whiteness.:notworthy:
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file