I got my lip pierced.

irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
Probably not that usual for an almost 33 year old, mother of 2 to do, but I'd wanted to do it for a while.

I got a small silver ball below the right side of my lower lip. I think I'll really like it once it heals, and I have the ring changed out to a smaller one.

I put off telling my mom for a few days, and when I told her she said that only girls who are trailer trash get their lip pierced. So I suppose I have a "trailer trash" piercing. Lol. I think she missed the point that it can be taken out at any time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910
    My sister had hers done. It looks like it could have been painful.
  • spring1onuspring1onu Registered Users Posts: 16,528 Curl Connoisseur
    iroc wrote: »
    I put off telling my mom for a few days, and when I told her she said that only girls who are trailer trash get their lip pierced. So I suppose I have a "trailer trash" piercing. Lol. I think she missed the point that it can be taken out at any time.

TPT!!! (Trailer Park Trash) :lol:

It's your face, wear it how you want! Hope you enjoy it. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Registered Users Posts: 7,578 Curl Neophyte
    pics please!!
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Registered Users Posts: 5,844 Curl Neophyte
    If you like it that's all that matters. I have a monroe piercing. I got it 6 years ago and now, at almost 30, I have no intentions of taking it out in the forseeable future. It's kind of become a part of me and my face. It's a very small silver ball and does not stick out at all.

I say rock it! If you think it looks good then go with it.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• blueskiesblueskies Registered Users Posts: 123 Curl Novice
    moms can be harsh.

but it does damage your lower front teeth and gums.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Banned Users Posts: 24,963 Curl Neophyte
    I bet it looks awesome!
    I'm thinking about getting a tat on my wrist.
    My folks freaked when they found out GP got tats on his upper bicep area bilaterally.
    They would *really* freak if they knew hubby & I have them... :toothy10:
    just so you don't have a tramp stamp, right?

:goofy:
  • M2LRM2LR Registered Users Posts: 8,630 Curl Connoisseur
    I bet it looks awesome!
    My folks freaked when they found out GP got tats on his upper bicep area bilaterally.

What you got against tramp stamps? Huh? HUH?!
    :rambo:
    J...is there sumptin you need to tell ole wile e? :happy4:
    btw...the blueberry tini I am having sure goes great w/ the blue on the board...... :o
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    M2LR wrote: »
    I bet it looks awesome!

What you got against tramp stamps? Huh? HUH?!

Seriously lady...that's a little harsh :sad11:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Ah, CC, I'm teasin...
    you know I love you...

:love3:
  • CurlyCanadianCurlyCanadian Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 10,904 Curl Connoisseur
    :lol:
    I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
    Audrey Hepburn
    Ok, I'm tryin' to be serious & yer laughin at me! :boxing:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQs6RgjU1T59lMBrldGsYB5XTCJJuplCxiqJazMXXD1XjzId_eQBw
    Audrey Hepburn
    THAT is a big emote boo-tay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • BefrizzledBefrizzled Registered Users Posts: 3,854
    Awesome, iroc! New piercings are so fun.
    Under construction.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    I think she missed the point that it can be taken out at any time.

It leaves a scar though.
  • J.S.M.J.S.M. Registered Users Posts: 415
    I think she missed the point that it can be taken out at any time.

It leaves a scar though.

Not entirely true. If you take it out before the entire healing period is over, then it should only leave a very small, insignificant scar or a small indent where the piercing was. If you take it out after the healing period is over, then only a small hole where the piercing is should be visible, if that (depending on the gauge of the jewelry you use). This is all assuming that the piercing is cleaned properly, taken care of well, and isn't infected.
  • TechKnockoutTechKnockout Registered Users Posts: 415
    This thread is useless without pics! I think lip piercings look hot ('specially snake bites and labrets!) on the right face. Love body mods. I got my nostril pierced last year and some tats.

Piercings are beautiful!
    Horror. Erotica. Cannibalism. And everything else in between.

http://thevegetariancannibal.blogspot.com/
  • NejNej Registered Users Posts: 2,444 Curl Neophyte
    I'm all about going against the grain and doing things we aren't "supposed" to :) Even though lip piercings aren't my fav I say you be your bad self and rock on! And yes, Pics please!
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur
    Are facial piercings a good thing to do when one is about to enter the workforce due to a significant change in marital status, while going up against a lot of competition to find a job? Really...unless one plans to work in a piercing parlor, suddenly becoming a body modifier is probably not a good choice or use of resources.
    Are facial piercings a good thing to do when one is about to enter the workforce due to a significant change in marital status, while going up against a lot of competition to find a job? Really...unless one plans to work in a piercing parlor, suddenly becoming a body modifier is probably not a good choice or use of resources.

It depends what job you're getting into. Piercings and tats are becoming so mainstream, many employers are changing their policies. Folks my age (early 20s) are entering the work force with monroes, labrets, septum, etc. piercings just fine.

I've never had an issue with my tats/piercings. And I doubt I will since I'm not going into a field that will put me behind a corporate desk.

• NejNej Registered Users Posts: 2,444 Curl Neophyte

It depends what job you're getting into. Piercings and tats are becoming so mainstream, many employers are changing their policies. Folks my age (early 20s) are entering the work force with monroes, labrets, septum, etc. piercings just fine.

I've never had an issue with my tats/piercings. And I doubt I will since I'm not going into a field that will put me behind a corporate desk.

This. Things are changing in all but the most formal and traditional areas. I work in an office and tattoos, piercings are common ...

I'm more offended by the frumpy dumpy "I gave up on life" uniform that I see on a daily basis than I am by the occasional piercing or tattoo.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur

Yay! TechKnockout is back!! Good to see you posting again.

Sorry...carry on
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Well, you all but dragged me back over here, Phoenix! :D I came back for YOU! :wave: Hehe!

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Well, you all but dragged me back over here, Phoenix! :D I came back for YOU! :wave: Hehe!
    Hee hee...Yeah, I know...:wave:
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • irociroc Registered Users Posts: 7,890 Curl Neophyte
    So typical of this Taurus, not dealing well with change - i took it out. It was in for a full 4 days. Ugh, it was irritating me so bad.

I have a pretty high tolerance for pain. I didnt flinch or say anything while it was being done, but the constant irritation was driving bananas. It kept getting caught on my tooth when I smiled, or when I ate - the constant irritating feeling it gave me was making me crazy. I couldn't take it anymore and I took it out tonight.

For those who would be worried, I will continue to care for it as a new piercing until it heals - but mouth piecings are not for me. It effects too much and apparently bugs me.

I'll just get my nipples done. Lol, kidding!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And then be constantly paranoid it will get snagged on something and rip your nipple off. Not that I know first hand about such paranoia.. :-|

Sorry it didn't work out for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• kenzie!kenzie! Registered Users Posts: 5,055
    spring1onu wrote: »

And then be constantly paranoid it will get snagged on something and rip your nipple off. Not that I know first hand about such paranoia.. :-|

Sorry it didn't work out for you!

That like, legit happened to my neighbor. He got them pierced after losing a bet, and one of them got snagged on his shower door a few days after he got them pierced......and it ripped off his nipple. He had to get it sewn back on in the ER.
    Rock Chalk Baby!! If you aren't from Kansas, you just won't understand!

Dame Kenz Matilda Jayhawk-Rocksalt, heir to the family diamonds.
    kenzie! wrote: »
    ote]

That like, legit happened to my neighbor. He got them pierced after losing a bet, and one of them got snagged on his shower door a few days after he got them pierced......and it ripped off his nipple. He had to get it sewn back on in the ER.

I swear that shouldn't be funny, but it is for some reason. :lol: What a stupid bet to take to start with!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 20,731 Curl Virtuoso
    I've been dying to get my eyebrow pierced for years. I love lip piercings too, but I have enough trouble with my weak teeth, so I don't want to do anything that might cause cracks or chipping. But if I had strong teeth I would so get one.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file