Relaxer Killed My Fro

avaanstaravaanstar Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
In October, I had my first texturizer and I liked the results. It loosened up my curls a little bit and made it easier to manage. Two days ago, i went in for my second texturizer and the woman didn't know what she was doing and she put the relaxer on my whole hair and the final result was my curls were gone and my hair was very damaged. My hair is broken so much. GETTING A RELAXER WAS THE BIGGEST HAIR MISTAKE OF MY LIFE, lol, I should have listened to you guys on here.. Anyways, I want to go back to my old hair. I will have to cut all my hair and maybe leave 4 inches so I can get my hair braided until it grows out again.

How long should I wait until I braid my hair since I got a texturizer two days ago? I heard I should wait two weeks, should I be conditioning my hair a lot before it gets braided? Also, how to I take care of my hair while it's in braids? When I say braids, I mean I am going to have singles with extensions. Any advice? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• coracora Posts: 456Registered Users
    Avaanstar, I don't know how long you should wait until you put in your braids. I just wanted to say I think your hair is really cute.
  • avaanstaravaanstar Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cora wrote: »
    Avaanstar, I don't know how long you should wait until you put in your braids. I just wanted to say I think your hair is really cute.

Thank you! Too bad I don't have that hair anymore. :(
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    :sad10:

:confused3:

Welllll....I am so sorry that happened to you. Sadly, that's what happens to a lot of women who texturize since the longer your hair gets the more of a chance you have of over-processing your ends. Of course that does nothing to make you feel better.

Before you get braids, you should definitely do a protein treatment, followed by a moisturizing one. Don't get them too tight, don't yank on your hair, you know the drill. Since relaxed hair is weakened by the chemicals you're going to have to handle it with care and make sure it's moisturized OFTEN.

Also, find a stylist who knows what the hell she's doing. -_-

Good luck, hun :toothy9:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    avaanstar wrote: »
    In October, I had my first texturizer and I liked the results. It loosened up my curls a little bit and made it easier to manage. Two days ago, i went in for my second texturizer and the woman didn't know what she was doing and she put the relaxer on my whole hair and the final result was my curls were gone and my hair was very damaged. My hair is broken so much. GETTING A RELAXER WAS THE BIGGEST HAIR MISTAKE OF MY LIFE, lol, I should have listened to you guys on here.. Anyways, I want to go back to my old hair. I will have to cut all my hair and maybe leave 4 inches so I can get my hair braided until it grows out again.

How long should I wait until I braid my hair since I got a texturizer two days ago? I heard I should wait two weeks, should I be conditioning my hair a lot before it gets braided? Also, how to I take care of my hair while it's in braids? When I say braids, I mean I am going to have singles with extensions. Any advice? Thank you in advance!

Just curious about how your hair is doing now.
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    :sad3:
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • FronomenalFronomenal Posts: 712Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CocoT wrote: »
    :sad3:
    ^^ This.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file