Bad hair day? Raise your hand!

DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
Anyone else having a bad hair day? I'll go first...my hair wasn't wet enough when I applied my product so the back looks like crud. And I don't know where my mind was when I was putting pomade on my bangs cuz I went slightly overboard and now look/feel greasy so I have to pull them back with a bobby-pin. Of course, its on a Monday! :roll::dontknow::nike:
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:

Comments

• RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    And tomorrow's another day, right?

I don't know about your hair, but I'm loving the shoes in your avatar! :thumright:
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    YES I am having such a bad hair day. I have been experimenting with my curl creme & gel ratios and today was an * unsuccessful* experiment.

I was just talking about it with my brother's girlfriend. We work at the same place, and over the weekend I had promised her I'd bring in the Curly Girl book for her to read. So we were talking about it and she was asking me about my routine and I kept telling her "my hair today is not a good illustration of how wavy hair can look!! Don't block out what I'm saying just because I look like ***** today!"
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    My hand is raised high! ;) I admit that it was my own doing, not a mistake or my hair randomly deciding that it's gonna do it's own thing. It was completely my fault. It was second day hair, and anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE second day hair, because without the extra water weight on my hair when I first wash it, it curls up SO nicely, and it just looks pretty good (not bragging or anything -- it makes up for the awful disaster that 1st day hair is!). I usually take out my pineapple, apply my refresher, scrunch in some gel, and diffuse, but today I wanted to be adventurous and try airdrying instead. What a terrible mistake that was! It's not that wavy, it's messy looking, and it's just a disaster. :( But, I've learned my lesson the hard way. At least now I know that a diffuser is my absolute best friend. :D
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    Yeah, I can't go without diffusing either! The lesson I learned today was my hair needs to go "squish- squish"(that's a scientific term, right? ;) ) or else it won't be happy.
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • AmemusAmemus Posts: 16Registered Users
    It happens to me sometimes, usually because I try to rush because my hair dries so slowly! I used to put my hair up in a clip on bad hair days but I just saw this video and it convinced me to just run with it:
    YouTube - 3-whoissugar's when natural hair goes wrong [HD]
    "And yes I went to work like that!" XD
    Doodles wrote: »
    Yeah, I can't go without diffusing either! The lesson I learned today was my hair needs to go "squish- squish"(that's a scientific term, right? ;) ) or else it won't be happy.

I used to hate diffusing -- it's really ironic! Once I mastered my technique a little more, though, it's actually looks much better dried with a diffuser as opposed to air drying.

Ha ha! That should be a scientific term -- for curly heads, anyway! :toothy10:
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
  • curlyserfcurlyserf Posts: 858Registered Users
    :wave:Hand waaaaaaaayyyyyy up in the air!

I cowashed today, which I haven't done in quite a while - I've been low-pooing, mixing condish with low-poo, or using a shampoo bar. I'm also experimenting with FSG which has been hit or miss for me. I can't wait to start over in the morning!

Kerri
    2?/3a ??? ; fine; high density; normal porosity and elasticity
    color treated

CURRENTLY USING:
    cleanse:Organix Vanilla Silk, Use Me Cleansing Cream
    rinse out/li:Ion Effective Care, Tresseme Naturals Radiant Volume (both with NPF added)
    stylers:Curl Keeper, UFD Curly Magic, & Alba Botanicals Strong Hold Gel
    PT:CJ Repair Me

mod CG since August 2010
  • Farah85Farah85 Posts: 90Registered Users
    Me me me me! Unlike OTHER bad hair days, though, this one is not my fault. It's the rain's fault. Unforseen and unprepared-for rain.

I must say though that I am not complaining. I live in one of the world's poorest countries in water resources. I'm willing to sacrifice my hair (temporarily) for greater economic, social and agricultural good. Oh, and for being able to have water to wet my hair down with next year! Without paying a fortune! No. I am not complaining. I just have a frizz halo - a frailo, and that's ok!

:afro:
    Texture: fine-medium
    Porosity: high-normal
    Elasticity: normal
    Experimenting with making my own products. Hair loves protein.
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I forgot to scrunch in my gel before plopping today. I'm so frizzy it almost hurts. Good thing I'm snowed in with no where to go.
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
    Farah85 wrote: »
    I am not complaining. I just have a frizz halo - a frailo, and that's ok!

A frailo! I like that! :laughing6: I might steal that term in the future, if you don't mind...;)

Favorite...
  • Farah85Farah85 Posts: 90Registered Users

A frailo! I like that! :laughing6: I might steal that term in the future, if you don't mind...;)

Of course I don't mind. Yay my first curly coined word!
    Texture: fine-medium
    Porosity: high-normal
    Elasticity: normal
    Experimenting with making my own products. Hair loves protein.
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Posts: 111Registered Users
    My hand is raised high! ;) I admit that it was my own doing, not a mistake or my hair randomly deciding that it's gonna do it's own thing. It was completely my fault. It was second day hair, and anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE second day hair, because without the extra water weight on my hair when I first wash it, it curls up SO nicely, and it just looks pretty good (not bragging or anything -- it makes up for the awful disaster that 1st day hair is!). I usually take out my pineapple, apply my refresher, scrunch in some gel, and diffuse, but today I wanted to be adventurous and try airdrying instead. What a terrible mistake that was! It's not that wavy, it's messy looking, and it's just a disaster. :( But, I've learned my lesson the hard way. At least now I know that a diffuser is my absolute best friend. :D

I know exactly what your saying. I LOVE second day hair. my hair always feels softer and it looks better too :)
    Cant say i agree with you with the diffusuer... my hair seems to hate that thing! i always get frizz and it takes soo long to dry!

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!

Of course I don't mind. Yay my first curly coined word!

Ha ha! Good, that word will probably appear in the next thread I apply to! :thumright:

I know exactly what your saying. I LOVE second day hair. my hair always feels softer and it looks better too :)
    Cant say i agree with you with the diffusuer... my hair seems to hate that thing! i always get frizz and it takes soo long to dry!

YAY! Someone else who likes 2nd day hair!!! :occasion9: I only know of two other people who like 2nd day hair like me. I'm glad I'm not alone! I hate first day hair. It's like my hair figures it can't cooperate with me for one more day, so once the water hits it, it decides to do what IT wants! Kinda like this... :evil1: ... or this ... :thumbdown:! I used to hate diffusers, too, until I learned all the ins and outs and how my hair liked to be dried with them.

Favorite...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file