do you.. ?

do you put conditioner in in the shower and then rinse it out, or put conditioner in as leave in cond when you get out of the shower?

i find when i put cond in in the shower and rinse, then put my creme in my hair etc, my hair is more frizzy and i tend to get over conditioned hair.

if i skip conditioning it in the shower and put it in as leave in then my hair takes longer to dry..

so what do you do?
Leave in/rinse out:
Tresemme naturals conditioner
Boots curl creme
Co wash:
Original source conditioner
Garnier fructis repair&shine conditioner

Comments

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    I put it in in the shower, and just don't rinse completely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I do both - rinse out and leave in. I have tried just partially rinsing out my conditioner and letting some stay on my head to serve as a leave-in, but I find that I can't always get the right amount to stay on my head. So I rinse off all the rinse out, then reapply the amount I want to have as a leave in. I get more consistent results that way.
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users

ditto
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • curry curlscurry curls Posts: 1,083Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Rustina wrote: »
    I do both - rinse out and leave in. I have tried just partially rinsing out my conditioner and letting some stay on my head to serve as a leave-in, but I find that I can't always get the right amount to stay on my head. So I rinse off all the rinse out, then reapply the amount I want to have as a leave in. I get more consistent results that way.

I do the same.
    Started CG July 8, 2008

3B

Co-wash: Deva Decadence No Poo
    Conditioner: Deva Decadence One Condition
    Leave-in/Styling: Deva Decadence One Condition and Deva Heaven In Hair
    Others: ACV rinses and protein treatments

• WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Usually both, but not usually the same product.

Sometimes just one or the other, depending on how much conditioning my hair needs that day or sometimes due to time constraints.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • redhedgrlTredhedgrlT Posts: 178Registered Users
    I condition in the shower and rinse out. No leave in. I have found with my fine hair that leave ins tend to weigh my hair down and make it limp. By omitting the leave in I get the volume that I want with big soft curls/waves.
    Texture: Medium
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

I guess i am just average go figure.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    gniesam wrote: »

ditto

Agreed! Putting in extra LI after the shower makes my waves sag because my condish is so slippery! Not rinsing out my RO conditioner all the way leaves me with a nice amount (usually), and I don't have to waste more conditioner! :toothy10:
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • Cameron's CurlsCameron's Curls Posts: 263Registered Users
    for those who condition in the shower and put conditioner when they get out; doesnt your hair get overconditioned?! :D
    Leave in/rinse out:
    Tresemme naturals conditioner
    Boots curl creme
    Co wash:
    Original source conditioner
    Garnier fructis repair&shine conditioner
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, mine would with pink Boot's, especially if I just co-washed, which I seldom do any more. I only wash my hair a couple of times a week any more, so I use shampoo one time and CJDF the other.

With Boots, I can only use a rinse out conditioner. Same for original CJCCCC. With the lite version, I can use a bit of leave-in if I want/need to.

BTW, most GF conditioners, especially that triple nutrition one, make my hair feel and look lank and over conditioned, though I know many here swear by them. I have no idea if your hair is at all similar to mine, though.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I apply conditioner in the shower, finger comb and scrunch, then do a sprinkle rinse, which really doesn't rinse it out. Then, when I get out of the shower, I scrunch dry with a smooth surfaced towel, then apply my gel, scrunch, and air dry. Amazingly, despite having extremely fine hair which has always been easily weighed down, this is working extremely well for me. My curls have been more robust, and I have less frizz than I had before going to the new CG routine.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file