Help! tigi or devacurl?

SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
Hello curlies =)

SO Ive been having a problem getting my hair moisturized lately. I've used Avalon organics, suave naturals, yes to carrots, and renpure organics conditioners. So far the renpure has been the most moisturizing for me.

I'm wondering just exactly how Tigi conditioners (I heard the self-absorbed and moisture mania are good) and Deva curl one-condition compares to these other conditioners I've tried. Should I spend the money? Which one should i get?
3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
Suave and VO5!!!

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Smooch wrote: »
    Hello curlies =)

SO Ive been having a problem getting my hair moisturized lately. I've used Avalon organics, suave naturals, yes to carrots, and renpure organics conditioners. So far the renpure has been the most moisturizing for me.

I'm wondering just exactly how Tigi conditioners (I heard the self-absorbed and moisture mania are good) and Deva curl one-condition compares to these other conditioners I've tried. Should I spend the money? Which one should i get?

Neither. If moisture is what you need, then there are better conditioners out there. CurlJunkie brand, for example... Aubrey Organics, Elucence, SheaMoisture.. and if you're on a budget-- Tresemme Naturals is even a better choice.

If you're going to spend, spend wisely.

HTH
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    thanks for the input!

do the aubrey organics conditioners provide really good slip/moisture?
    Suave and VO5!!!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Actually I use Tigi MM and love it for moisture- not a waste of money for many of us. It's not a super heavy type of product, which makes it nice for co-washing, leaving in, rinsing out, and I've also used it as a DT and loved it for all these things. It won't weigh you down/elongate your curls, but I suppose if you want that kind of effect from a conditioner, this isn't the one for you. My SIL who has died her hair black for YEARS recently lifted her color to a medium brown, and fried her BSL hair. She straightens frequently, and uses this condtioner exclusively and still has intact, really nice hair, surprisingly for what she's put it through, and it's all because of this conditioner.

Oh and a nice thing about the Tigi, is if you have an ulta near you or trade secret, they have liter sales and this goes on sale for $10 where it's normally around $15 for the smaller bottle and $25 something for the liter. Pretty good deal IMO. The Tigi Oatmeal and Honey conditioner is also really good and talked about on these boards. Finding it on the ground is a nice benefit.

I would agree that CJ is heavy on the moisture and is a good product for that as well. I love CJ, but I alternate between it and Tigi MM because the CJ is so heavy it's easy to over do it using it all the time.

I've never tried Deva OneC, but from what I hear there are better choices out there for the money you'd spend.

And I really really wish I understood the love for AO- in my experience, they all suck. I have a nearly full $11 bottle of Honeysuckle Rose conditioner that I have no idea what to do with. Beware if you don't like fake floral and incense smells. The only way I can describe the smell of this product is incense + chlorine. And it lingers. I've never met a conditioner I could say I actually hated, until I tried multiple AO conditioners- no slip, no moisture. I guess they work for some people. But honestly there are better products to put that money towards that are a sure bet- like CJ for example.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    Thanks for your input. I'll probably end up trying a bit of everything lol. Hopefully I can find some of these things in trial/travel sizes.

I'm sure the Aubrey Organics smell wouldn't bother me, I actually like that in hair products. Is that the only reason u don't like it or it just didn't work for your hair?
    Suave and VO5!!!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Smooch wrote: »
    Thanks for your input. I'll probably end up trying a bit of everything lol. Hopefully I can find some of these things in trial/travel sizes.

I'm sure the Aubrey Organics smell wouldn't bother me, I actually like that in hair products. Is that the only reason u don't like it or it just didn't work for your hair?

I usually love strong smelling products and don't mind them smelling for awhile. It was a combination of the bad smell and it lingering for a couple of days even after the next wash as well as it giving no moisture, and no slip. I even used it as a DT with heat to see if that would help the conditioner penetrate better. I mean usually smell wouldn't bother me in a rinse out, because once you layer on other stylers and such I can't usually smell the rinse out anymore. This stuff was just ungodly awful in so many ways, the scent sucked and it just didn't work. I've tried using it on relaxed hair, healthy hair, damaged hair from highlights, long and short, and it never worked.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file