Ecostyler + Renpure (red)= good combo.

I found (finally) some ecostyler yesterday, and happened to have a bottle of the red Renpure (my hair is so thirsty, or whatever it is).

Mixed them 50:50 with a little extra water to help with the schmearing, and it turns into a-guess what-creamy, thick, paste.

Emulsified it in my hands and scrunched through with copious amounts of water, pixiecurled, and voila!

Full, bouncy, soft ringlet-y hair. And as I'm a 2b with a rather 'weak' curl pattern (yep, I said it!) that needs lots of encouragement, this is a big deal. It even held together my always-frayed ends (I'm in dire need of a trim). It lasted through a long day of cleaning house and moving furniture in and out of the misty-rainy-windy weather.

I need to monkey with the proportions a little, a little extra hold and a little less 'soft' would be even better, but in case someone is on the hunt for a 'curl creme', this might be something to try.

It looks like one big booger ball in your hand. But rub it together, and it melts into a nice creamy consistency. One day does not a HG make, so will need to test run a few more times, but hey, we'll see.
"It's a wonder God suffers so many fools, what with lightening so cheap"~Mark Twain
Lady Eklecktika Fidens of Caduceus

Comments

• geckogecko Posts: 313Registered Users
    Thanks for the tip!
    m-c iii-ii | loose spirals with ringlets
  • xyzioloxyziolo Posts: 232Registered Users
    Sounds great. What's Renpure though?

I leave some conditioner on my hair and apply the EcoStyler now that my hair is short. But I like a much, much softer hold when my curls start coming in. Is Renpure expensive and where can I get it?

Thanks!!
  • eklecktikaeklecktika Posts: 230Registered Users
    I got mine at walgreens; $6.99 for a-ummmm....8 ounce(?) bottle?

So not suave-cheap, but not uber$$$ either.

This is a high-protein combo...for those that are sensitive to such things...
    "It's a wonder God suffers so many fools, what with lightening so cheap"~Mark Twain
    Lady Eklecktika Fidens of Caduceus
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CVS has Renpure too. I think the bottle is a little bigger, I'd guess 13oz. It goes on a BOGO every few months. It was just on sale last week or the week before, sot it won't be on sale again for a while.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file