Need help! Product recommendation for curly kid

tproultproul Registered Users Posts: 112
My two year old daughter has lovely curls, when it's wet. The problem occurs about an hour later when it dries. The hair becomes frizzy and the curls become almost straight.

I'm trying to use a co-wash rather than shampoo on her hair, and use a little leave in, but it doesn't seem to be enough.

Could anyone recommend some kind of gel or product that will keep the curls in and reduce frizz? Is this miracle product even possible on a very active two year old? LOL

She has fine hair, and I'd say she's probably a 2c or 3a. Her curls are spiral not tight. I'd say about the width of a finger.

I'd appreciate shampoo and conditioner recommendations as well!

Mod CG since Feb 2010

Comments

• KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Registered Users Posts: 118
    For my daughters curls we use a product called Mixed Chicks it really defines my daughters curls. Im currently having a Giveaway on my blog http://kandylankurls.blogspot.com if you would like to enter and win and try it for free. they have a great shampoo and conditioner. I heard they contain silicones, if that is a problem just wash with a sulfate shampoo. Also I love a product from a line called Bee Mine, they have a curly butter, it holds my daughters hair down like a gel would, but its alot healthier.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-
  • tproultproul Registered Users Posts: 112
    Thanks for these reccs! I will try them.

Mod CG since Feb 2010
  • KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Registered Users Posts: 118
    Your welcome
    I hope the info helped, Good Luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    You may want to buy the new Curly Girl book. It has a whole chapter on taking care of "underaged" curls. Kinky Curly and Alaffia Beautiful Curls (you can buy this at Whole Foods and some of the KC products) both have lines for kids, as does CURLS with it's Curly Q products. I like the KC Tiny Twist Moisturizing Styler for my hair--better than the Curling Custard.

You may want to try making FSG. There are tons of threads on how to do it. It's fairly easy and you can customize your ingredients. Just be careful and use a preservative.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file