Cut my hair?!

Hey everyone! I've been thinking about whether or not I should cut my hair. Not too drastically but maybe a few inches? Im afraid I will look too young with shorter hair. Its been long for forever, so Im not sure what to do. I attached some pics so you guys can help me out! Is it ridiculously long and in desperate need of a cut? or does it look good? let me know! Thanks!!

Comments

• xyzioloxyziolo Posts: 232Registered Users
    I think you can afford to lose a couple of inches. Not more than that though. You have great hair.

But a couple of inches would probably make your hair look thicker and it would grow out nicely, fuller.

Lovely hair...
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think the long hair makes you look like a baby. A shoulder to mid-length (like APL) hair cut would update you a bit and give you the more mature look you seek. My rec would be to make sure its a dry cut (or Deva cut) so you don't shrink back too much. Length tends to weigh curls down and once that weight is gone the curls will retract (shrink) and make your hair shorter than you might want.

ITA. You have great hair.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • RustinaRustina Posts: 894Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is fantastic! I love the length on you, and I think you carry it well. However, the ends are kind of straggly looking, where some curls have grown longer than others, and it's just very uneven. I think a couple of inches off, to even out the bottom, and maybe some long layers to frame your face and help give you some volume, would be fantastic and take that great hair to the next level!
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

• gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    Absolutely beautiful hair!!
    my goodness.

I think you should cut it up to 7 inches under your clavicle, and have it layered. That would just make it look lovely and have your curls pop. have you ever seen your hair parted sideways instead of through the middle? it's an easy super fast and effective way to change your look. lol

HTH! :):thumright:
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • LISA LISALISA LISA Posts: 566Registered Users
    Your hair is gorgeous and looks alot like mine.

Having said that, I wouldn't cut layers. I made that mistake and am now trying to grow them out to one length again.

Just take off about 4 inches, oval in the back, tiny angle in the front.
    Big Chop from hip - 5/2014
    Enjoying the journey to APL or BSL!
    image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75884&dateline=1412004981
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Rustina wrote: »
    Your hair is fantastic! I love the length on you, and I think you carry it well. However, the ends are kind of straggly looking, where some curls have grown longer than others, and it's just very uneven. I think a couple of inches off, to even out the bottom, and maybe some long layers to frame your face and help give you some volume, would be fantastic and take that great hair to the next level!

ITA

Its lovely - but looks like its starting to get a little weighed down on top. I would loose a couple of inches and possibly have a few longer layers put in to help it fall better. Dry cut it so you don't end up with hair round your chin though!
  • sexyNcurlysexyNcurly Posts: 241Registered Users
    thanks for the compliments! I really am not looking for more volume though, I like it flat on top, so if I take off an inch or two at the bottom , do you think it will stay that way on top? For instance, I love Anne Hathaways hair in her new movie, Love and Other Drugs, what kind of hair cut do you think she has?
    here is a pic if you guys didn't see the movie...
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    I don't know what kind of cut she has, but I'd kill for that hair!

Your hair is beautiful...I agree, I'd only cut a few inches off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Everyone had some interesting styling tips and ideas for cutting my hair, I was thinking maybe you can post a picture of a celeb or someone with the hair cut you think I should get. I'm more of a visual person and also I would be able to take it to my hair dresser! Thanks!!
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users Curl Novice
    Here are some ideas:

long_curly_hair.jpg

curly_hair.jpg

Seane_Corn.jpg

If you wanted to go shorter:

curly-hair-style-11.jpg
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    I love your hair! I'd only get a couple inches off if it were me - just to even things up a little and get rid of any dead ends.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    I think you could see a big difference from just a trim, to even out the ends and such.

While I don't think it would look bad to bring your hair up to shoulder length, I do really like it long. I know a lot of people tend to look younger with longer hair but I think on you it might be the opposite.
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 668Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I am trying to grow my hair to your length. I currently have shoulder length hair, BSL when stretched.

I would only cut maybe 3 inches and I would put some long layers for better shape.

3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo, Cantu Quinoa Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair, Decadence No Poo
    Co-wash: Nourish Conditioner, Suave, Aussie Moist, Clairol Natural Blends Coconut
    Deep Conditioner: Loreal Total Repair Balm, Cantu Masque
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's), Decadence Conditioner
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Homemade Flax Seed Gel, Devacurl Ultradefining Gel, Coconut Oil
    Methods: Sleep with extra large satin bonnet. Able to get 7 day hair. Prior to getting 7 day:Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.
    thanks! The pictures help a lot, also I was thinking of dying my hair, the problem is, I have pale skin, as you saw from my picture, and even in the summer, I don't get that tan, so what hair color would not accentuate my pale skin?
    anyone?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file