Me again lol Help me find a low protein condish

jewwycurlzjewwycurlz Registered Users Posts: 28
I just did a hair porosity test and it turns out i am low porosity. I want to give my hair as much moisture as possible and avoid proteins.

I am new to this so it has been a bit difficult for me with ingredients in conditioners (I have just accomplished finding conditioners/shampoos that are cg friendly, so I no longer need to spend an hour in the hair aisle :)) Please help me avoid this scenario again and let me know your recommendations.

I love using V05, Suave naturals, and Tresemme naturals collection. If anyone could recommend a high moisture but low protein conditioner of any of the above brands it would be fantastic! I just dont know what ingredients to look for that are moisturizers/proteins. TY in advance!
2b waves

Poor Elasticity
Low Porosity??? (New to this and experimenting)
Medium/coarse texture

Thick density

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    Here is a link to an article about ingredients in products that are proteins:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-used-in-hair-care-products-proteins

Here is a link to an article about ingredients in products that are moisturizing:

Top Five Ingredients for Moisture & More | NaturallyCurly.com

I've heard that Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition is very moisturizing, and I don't think it has protein in it -- just oils and butters. I personally love the Tresemme Naturals Moisture conditioner, but I think it has some protein in it -- I'm not 100% positive on that one, though.

HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • ththdththd Registered Users Posts: 306 Curl Novice
    I just switched to VO5 as a cowash and not sure if I like it better than Suave yet. It's not as thick as Suave. I use Tresseme Naturals Moisturizing as my rinse out and love it. I looked at the ingredients before posting and didn't see anything that I thought would be a protein. The GFTN did something weird to my hair (I think all the oils) but it may work great for you and it's pretty cheap.
    Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
    Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
    Giovanni weightless leave-in
    My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
    Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density
  • thecurly1thecurly1 Registered Users Posts: 103
    Thanks wavynwild16 for the Moisture link that helped me out LOADS!

So much info here just hard to find sometimes.
    Armed with the Curl Analyzes!!!
    3b,3c
    texture: Fine
    porosity: Normal
    elasticity: Low

co:wash: V05 kiwi lime, CJDF
    condish: TS avocado and aloe, GPV cond balm, Yes to carrots
    leave in: KCNT
    styling: LOVE FSG.. CK, BRHG, CJCQ KCCC, LaLSG
    protein: CJ rehab
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/thecurly1-albums-journey.html
    And yes I'm turning into a PJ :thumbup:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file