How often do you no poo, low poo and cowash?

jewwycurlzjewwycurlz Registered Users Posts: 28
I know everyones hair is different so everyones routine will be different. BUT I am curious what is your washing/co washing routine?

I have been mod cg for about a year now. I use a low poo every 3-4 days on my scalp only, condition length thru ends.

Followed by another round of conditioner throughout.

Repeat in another 3-4 days. NO OTHER PRODUCT!

My hair has been MUCH healthier but not much of a change to my waves. I'd like to enhance them especially at the crown where I have a straighter texture.

I am thinking of reducing the amount of times I low-poo and increasing cowashing. Instead of low pooing every 3-4 days I am thinking of co washing every 2 days and seeing what happens. Clarifying only when I need! Basically increasing the amount of times a week that I co wash and condition. I just learned I have low porosity hair that needs moisture, so this makes a little more sense. Maybe I should go FULL CG and try co washing for a while only...what do my curlies think? I am going to experiment, but was curious about your personal routines. I think I am co washing too little and low pooing too much and since I only wash in general 2 times a week, maybe conditioning too little as well.
2b waves

Poor Elasticity
Low Porosity??? (New to this and experimenting)
Medium/coarse texture

Thick density

Comments

• BrittneeAubreex3BrittneeAubreex3 Registered Users Posts: 309
    I'm new so my routine sucks haha. I shampoo & condition every other day & I use an anti breakage serum. I broke the cycle tonight though, I co-washed for the first time. My hair is so griddy haha. I can't really give you any advice but I think you would have better luck only clarifying once a month.
    :love2: as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
    Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job. :sad7:
  • CurliesFTW_xoCurliesFTW_xo Registered Users Posts: 111
    After my hair started breaking i decided to go natural. After going natural for about a year, i went CG. Best decision of my life btw ;)
    I CO wash once a week, SOMETIMES (only if i really have to) ill do it twice a week. and im using FSG as my styler, and tbh my curl are sooo much better nowadays! :toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8::toothy8:

Naturally brunette but dyed hair, dark brown ( nearly black ) in November 2010.Trying to grow to WL but only past SL atm. Currently not CO washing and using Pantenes shampoo. Styling: Schwarzkopf ultimate repair serum with total ends repair. Also use Aussies 3 miracle worker from time to time. 3B,bouncy ringlets,medium thickness,strands are neither fine nor coarse,dry,low elasticity ( when wet, but high elasticity when dry ) and proud to be a curly!
  • TxCurly0820TxCurly0820 Registered Users Posts: 39
    I also do best with less often co washing... My hair has much better definition and less frizz!
  • dcbdcb Registered Users Posts: 5
    jewwycurlz wrote: »
    I know everyones hair is different so everyones routine will be different. BUT I am curious what is your washing/co washing routine?

I have been mod cg for about a year now. I use a low poo every 3-4 days on my scalp only, condition length thru ends.

Followed by another round of conditioner throughout.

Repeat in another 3-4 days. NO OTHER PRODUCT!

My hair has been MUCH healthier but not much of a change to my waves. I'd like to enhance them especially at the crown where I have a straighter texture.

I am thinking of reducing the amount of times I low-poo and increasing cowashing. Instead of low pooing every 3-4 days I am thinking of co washing every 2 days and seeing what happens. Clarifying only when I need! Basically increasing the amount of times a week that I co wash and condition. I just learned I have low porosity hair that needs moisture, so this makes a little more sense. Maybe I should go FULL CG and try co washing for a while only...what do my curlies think? I am going to experiment, but was curious about your personal routines. I think I am co washing too little and low pooing too much and since I only wash in general 2 times a week, maybe conditioning too little as well.

I have found that a no poo routine every 4-5 days with a low poo only 2x a month works best on my 3c hair. Sometimes, a low poo only once a month works. Doing a deep treatment more often really helps, several times a month, in fact. In the winter, I need a lot more conditioner, and use a leave-in conditioner as well. Hope this helps
  • kristie911kristie911 Registered Users Posts: 154
    I cowash everyday. I use a sulfate free shampoo maybe once a month, sometimes 6 weeks...just depends on how my hair is feeling. My hair loves the moisture and has never felt better!
    3a/b, fine hair (just lots of it!), average porosity, high elasticity, fragile curls

No Poo and loving it! Gave up my hair dryer and never looked back!

Favorite Condishs: Suave Naturals (cowash) or TRESemme Naturals
    Leave-In: CJ Curl Assurance Leave-in or KCKT
    Curl Creme: AG re:coil or SS Hair Butter
    Gel: HETT, GF Gel

Product Junkie...Swap board addict!
  • MelyBMelyB Registered Users Posts: 32
    I co-wash twice a week. I have my routine in my sig. I co-wash on day 1, and spritz on day 2. I try to get to day 3 or 4 by spritzing, but sometimes my hair gets too oily or flat from sleeping. I then do a PT to reduce oil and a co-wash to reduce dryness.

CG since 2/06/11

2a/b med/highly porous

Wash: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa "poo" and condish (organic)
    Oil/Styling: Coconut oil
    Method: Spritz (water + salt), Braid for beach waves
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 478
    :angel7: I co-wash every day. Before going CG, I used to shampoo and condition every day too (with shampoos and conditioners filled with 'cones, 'phates and Lord knows what else!) Thanks to websites like this, I got myself educated! I just love the feeling of every day clean hair and giving my scalp a good massage as I'm cleansing it. It really depends on the individual though. Whatever works for each curly head!
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file