I Did The Big Chop!!!!!

htlykmehtlykme Registered Users Posts: 33
I am so excited! :occasion9: My stylist was practically crying the whole time because she didn't want to see my hair go, but if you ask me, I look better without it!

I transitioned for 3 months (not long, I know) and I was kinda worried because the curls didn't form immediately after but I guess it just takes time. How long did it take after your big chop for your curls to take shape?

*pic in signature*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Last Relaxer: October 28, 2010
BC date: 1-29-11 :occasion9:
Hair type:3c/4a
Co-Wash: Suave naturals & any other cheapie conditioner for that matter
Oils: EVOO and EVCO
event.png

event.png

Comments

• MzmorenazaMzmorenaza Registered Users Posts: 884
    congratulations!!!!

It took me about a month or so to see more definition
    studying on my PJ undergrad degree ) ;)
    [PHP][/PHP]
    texture : coarse
    porosity: normal
    elasticity: normal
  • htlykmehtlykme Registered Users Posts: 33
    a whole month? :cry: I'm so excited to see what my hair will look like lol that's why I didn't/couldn't transition for too long
    event.png

event.png
  • shereetshereet Registered Users Posts: 2
    My last perm was in the beginning of October 2010. I just did my BC on Feb 5th and I'm super excited. My hair seems to be a 3c? But I'm not sure because I'm new to this. I'm not sure if this will change as it grows but so far I see a curl pattern. How long is your hair now mines is only about an inch or so and I can't wait till I have a little fro! CONGRATS and good luck!
  • htlykmehtlykme Registered Users Posts: 33
    shereet wrote: »
    My last perm was in the beginning of October 2010. I just did my BC on Feb 5th and I'm super excited. My hair seems to be a 3c? But I'm not sure because I'm new to this. I'm not sure if this will change as it grows but so far I see a curl pattern. How long is your hair now mines is only about an inch or so and I can't wait till I have a little fro! CONGRATS and good luck!

My last relaxer was the end of october 2010 lol and I think I'm a mix of 3c and 4a?? :dontknow: Who knows, either way I love my curls and I think they're SO beautiful. I'm new to this as well and my regimen is so simple and it defines my curls perfectly. It's about an inch long as well.

I LOVE BEING NATURAL!!! lol working out is a breeze for me now. Don't hafta worry about "sweating" my hair out. Sweat actually makes it curl up even more!
    event.png

event.png
  • Tuchie09Tuchie09 Registered Users Posts: 388
    Congrats! :hello1:

I BC'ed after 7 months so my curls had already started to form but it took a month to see what they really looked like. Even though I had 7 months of new growth it was pretty damaged so my stylist cut about half of my new growth and my hair was like 3 inches.

A lot of natural women, me included, say that their hair thickens up before it gets longer. The first month was all about my hair thickening in the spots where it had thinned out because of relaxers, then after two months or so the growth came in REALLY quick. I think it's cause my hair was testing me to see if I was really serious about going natural or if I was going to put more chemicals on it. Now that I'm natural me and my hair are like this :love3:
    Curly in Okinawa, Japan where only the toughest curls can stand up to this heat and humidity.

My Arsenal:
    Shampoo: Waiting on SM African Black soap shampoo to makes its way to me...
    Conditioner(s): CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, CJ Repair Me!
    Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil
    Stylers: CD Loc Butter for twists, CJAF, CJCQ (haven't figured out how to work this though...)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file