DESPERATELY seeking help! I need my curls back!

westernma12westernma12 Posts: 3Registered Users
Hello everyone,

I am DESPERATELY seeking help to restore my curls. I used to have beautiful ringlets with just a little bit of product and mousse and my hair is not the same anymore. Can anyone recommend any products? I feel like there has been a death!

Much thanks!!!!

Comments

• aliquotaliquot Posts: 227Registered Users
    Can you give us an idea of what your current routine is like? What products you use, etc...
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ
    Fine, low porosity, loves protein!

Cleansing - Burt's Bees or CJ
    RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
    Styling - Re:Coil and CJCQ
  • westernma12westernma12 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Yes certainly! I currently use just aussie mousse right after the shower and then try and to not touch it while it dries. That's about it haha I used to use paul mitchell round tip, but I think they stopped making it. Sometimes I use garnier fructise curl serum stuff.
    What do you use to wash? My first guess would be some kind of product buildup making your curls sad.
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ

RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
  • westernma12westernma12 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I use aussie shampoo and conditioner. I just switched to Trader Joe's teatree shampoo. Do you have any suggestions for good shampoo/conditioner?
    I think that TJ's shampoo is a low poo (?), but the cleansing agents in it should be enough to get your other products out, regardless. It is hard to make specific product recs without knowing other properties of your hair (fine/coarse, porosity, etc).

Another culprit of lazy curls is lack of protein, especially if you have fine hair. You can try a protein treatment. A popular and cheap one is the GVP Joico K-Pak Reconstructor knock-off at Sally's Beauty Supply. If you do this, you should follow it with a moisture treatment. Or, you can just find some products (condish, gel, etc) which contain some protein (more protein info here: Proteins: Why You Should Care | NaturallyCurly.com)

Otherwise... I'd say maybe you could try to go sulfate and silicone free. A lot of us here find that our curls are much healthier on this method (the "Curly Girl" method). You can find a wealth of information in these threads...

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/97388-start-here.html
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/101426-ton-useful-information-new-curlies-%3D.html
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/newbies-info-introductions/47564-useful-curly-links.html
    3a/b in Piscataway, NJ

RO - CJBSC
    LI - GDLI, CJCR
  • crrrazycurlycrrrazycurly Posts: 22Registered Users
    Is your hair straight now or what? What did you do to it? (I wonder cause I wish I had less curl and less frizz, just some kind of wavy.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file