Curly Girls-- Best detanglers and why???

acegotcurlsacegotcurls Posts: 11Registered Users
Hey girls/guys, what's your favorite detangling conditioner(s) and why? Trying to find a good detangler without having to use a comb, and one that follows the cg guidelines
Ace is the name! Only 12 but already hair(&product) obsessed.
3a curls | filipino | very dark brunette
every 2-3 days - SM C&S lowpoo
co-wash - DC OC; SM RSB; TresNaturals Moist.; Vo5 S&C
styling - B&B CCC; CURLS GoddessC; DC ArcAG
drying - (I always scrunch with towel) air dry; microfiber or 100% cotton towel; bowl diffuser (sometimes pixiecurl)
DT once a month - SM DTM
CG since Nov.2010

Comments

• SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TRESemme Naturals has pretty good slip. Silicone free and makes my hair feel like butter, but I use a widetoothed comb in the shower. :)
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    The renpure organics moisturizing shampoo also gives pretty good slip.
    3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
    Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
    Suave and VO5!!!
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Saila wrote: »
    TRESemme Naturals has pretty good slip. Silicone free and makes my hair feel like butter, but I use a widetoothed comb in the shower. :)

+ 1. Really nice scent, nice and light.

Also, Tigi Moisture Maniac is amazing slip and smell wise, so is Kinky Curly Knot Today, CJ Smoothing Lotion and CJ Beauticurls Leave In conditioner. All are great at detangling, Tigi MM and KCKT are "lighter" IMO and the CJ ones are good if you really need to have a good amount of moisture left.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

• redmumredmum Posts: 125Registered Users
    Hi,
    I use the curl junkie smoothing leave in on my wee girl and it is great on her tangles, best we have tried so far. Have to say the curl junkie ones are expensive but they do work well. Hope you find one you like.
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Tresemme Naturals Conditioner
    AfroDetangler
    BrownButterBeauty Sweet Detangling Milk
    Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Darcy Botanicals Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
    Curly Q's Coconut Dream Conditioner

Why?? All these detangle while adding varying pulses of moisture to the hair.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My favorite is SLIP by Curly Hair Solutions. I give my hair about five pump sprays if my hair has gotten more tangly than usual, and after half a minute, I can easily finger comb them out.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • MerriMerri Posts: 160Registered Users
    Elucence Moisture balancing conditioner, it has good slip and no silicones if you care.:thumbup:
    Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
    Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
  • VersaceCrazyVersaceCrazy Posts: 662Registered Users
    CURL JUNKIE REHAB!

It's the best conditioner I've EVER used for detangling and I've tried just about everything that everyone talks about.

I had to use some tonight after washing my hair. I believe I had protein overload after using the Aphogee 2-Step on Wednesday then shampooing and conditioning with Joico K-Pak tonight (which is full of protein). Once I rinsed the Joico conditioner out my hair was soooo rough and a matted and tangled mess!!! It was kinda scary.

I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have my Rehab..it melted the knots and tangles, and where my hair was feeling SUPER rough and dry (like a brillo pad literally)..it smoothed and moisturized it!!!

I would recommend it over any other so-called detangling and moisturizing conditioner!:happy7:
    http://members.fotki.com/Versacecrazy/

CURL JUNKIE ZOMBIE !!!:tshirt:
  • asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have a couple of big bottles of Pure & Basic conditioner I got at Marshall's (available at Vitacost and health food stores) that have to be the best detanglers I have ever owned. I have the Cherry Almond Moisturizing and Coconut Reconstructing versions. Great stuff and great prices - all CG.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • MalagasygirlMalagasygirl Posts: 15Registered Users
    Tresume naturals has 4 stars with me. I love the slip and the scent is very nice. I use this cond as a leave in and no gel on days with low humidity. I also love to suave naturals coconut, its available in any drug store and always at a good price - great for detangling.
    Current Staples for 3b/3c, normal porosity hair:
    Cleansers- CJ Daily Fix, DE Coconut Milk
    Detanglers-DE Coconut Milk, TJ Nourish Spa
    Moisturizers-Oyin Hair Dew, CR Curlaide Butter
    Oils- Jojoba, Coconut, Castor alternate use
    Deep Cond- CJ Rehab, CJ Repair Me
    Gels- KCCC, CJ Curl Queen, Aloe Vera Gel
    Love my natural curly / coily hair!
    :salute:
  • crazywavescrazywaves Posts: 582Registered Users
    Shescentit coco creme leave in. It has great slip and controls frizz for me.
  • agirlcanmackagirlcanmack Posts: 85Registered Users
    Curls Coconut Sublime
    KBB moisturizing conditioner (or so it used to be called)
    Last Relaxer: 2000
    Shampoo: Curls Cleansing Cream, CJ Curl Assurance & Daily Fix
    Conditioner & DC: Curls Coconut Sublime & Curl Ecstasy, DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Crown Pride Tucuma Curl Moisture Mask
    Leave-In: Curl Ectasy
    Moisturizer: Darcy's Shea Butter Moisturizing Cream, Oyin Whipped Pudding & Hair Dew
    Oil: JBCO, Argan oil
    Gel: Oyin Shine & Define
    Hair Type: 3C / 4A / high porosity / fine

Pray for Japan / 頑張れ日本!
  • FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wasn't sure whether by 'detangler' you meant a rinse out or a leave-in ... so I've given my favs for both.

RINSE OUT: To be a favourite, a rinse out conditioner has to leave my hair feeling really soft, but still clean. Ideally it has great slip and melts knots.
    • Sevi Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
    • CJ conditioners (love them al except Curl Rehab and only because of the fragrance of this one doesn't agree with me)
    • SS Caitlin's Conditioner
    • Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • Tera Crema
    • Curls Coconut Sublime
    • Shescentit Green Tea conditioner
    LEAVE-INs: To be a fav LI, it has to leave my hair soft without leaving it lank or greasy looking. It must also provide an excellent base for my curl enhancing stying products.
    • CJ Smoothing Lotion
    • Marie Dean's Curly Styling Cream or Peach Curl Cream are my favs, but I also like the Lemon Yogurt Smoothie, Lemon Souffle and Red Clover LI
    • AfroDetangler
    • Shescentit's Coco Creme LI
    • Jessicurl's Weekly Deep Treatment (as a LI)
    • SS's Deeply Decadent (also as a LI)
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    KCKT and BWC leave-ins make may hair so easy to finger detangle. My fingers glide through my wet hair with either of these.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Smooch wrote: »
    Renpure has a wonderful line of natural products - no harsh ingredients.
    The "my pretty hair is parched" conditioner
    2218980?$md$
    is my favorite because it has "behentrimonium methosulfate" (made from rapeseed oil). This is what detangles my hair, so I look for products that have this high on the ingredient list.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • acegotcurlsacegotcurls Posts: 11Registered Users
    KurleeEdna wrote: »
    Smooch wrote: »
    Renpure has a wonderful line of natural products - no harsh ingredients.
    The "my pretty hair is parched" conditioner
    2218980?$md$
    is my favorite because it has "behentrimonium methosulfate" (made from rapeseed oil). This is what detangles my hair, so I look for products that have this high on the ingredient list.
    I'm definitely gonna try this! I live 2 min away from a walgreens so thanks haha
    Ace is the name! Only 12 but already hair(&product) obsessed.
    3a curls | filipino | very dark brunette
    every 2-3 days - SM C&S lowpoo
    co-wash - DC OC; SM RSB; TresNaturals Moist.; Vo5 S&C
    styling - B&B CCC; CURLS GoddessC; DC ArcAG
    drying - (I always scrunch with towel) air dry; microfiber or 100% cotton towel; bowl diffuser (sometimes pixiecurl)
    DT once a month - SM DTM
    CG since Nov.2010
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Onesta Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    Mop Top Daily Conditioner
    Mop Top Deep Conditoner
    Yes to Cucumbers
    Renpure Mask (in the green squeeze tube)
    Abba Pure Gentle - very detangling and makes a great leave-in/curl cream when mixed with Qhemet Olive Honey Hydrating Balm
    Afro Detangler
    Afroveda Moringa Supreme Leave in Detangler
    My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
    My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file