Who Should Cut My Hair?

Spring is just around the corner and I want to get a new cut. The Big question I have is should I get it cut by someone who has cut hair for say 30 yr , or someone that is more resently trained?

My hair is finaly at the lenght I want it , so I'm a little nevous about someone not cutting it right (I have had that experence in the past).

Please, any advice anyone can offer would be GREAT!
2c w/ some 3a on the ends
Length - just below shoulders when wavy
texture - under layer fine, everything else medium
According to the articles of how to determen these:
Porosity- low
Density - medium

shampoo - clear scalp & hair therapy
rinse out - clear scalp & hair therapy
leave in - whatever rinse out I'm using at the time
gel - kccc
dt - aussie 3 min miracle

experimenting and open to suggestions!

Comments

• SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    Are you asking this because you have two specific people in mind that you are trying to decide between? Or is this going to be your basis for picking a sylist in general? Someone who has been in the business for 30 years can still go through training recently too, so I don't think that's so important. I believe hairstylists train on new techniques, etc all of the time....

Really you should look for someone who is trained specifically to cut curly hair. My suggestion (as many of us will say) is to first look at the salon finder here on nc.com to find someone in your area, and look at their reviews...also, if you see someone with beautiful curls and you like her cut, don't be shy to ask where she gets it done. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Check here to find a curl expert stylist in your area.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • infojunkyinfojunky Posts: 106Registered Users
    Are you asking this because you have two specific people in mind that you are trying to decide between? Or is this going to be your basis for picking a sylist in general? Someone who has been in the business for 30 years can still go through training recently too, so I don't think that's so important. I believe hairstylists train on new techniques, etc all of the time....

Really you should look for someone who is trained specifically to cut curly hair. My suggestion (as many of us will say) is to first look at the salon finder here on nc.com to find someone in your area, and look at their reviews...also, if you see someone with beautiful curls and you like her cut, don't be shy to ask where she gets it done. :)

Thanks for the reply. There are two reasons; #1- I've been getting my hair cut by a girl a found a few years ago. I have liked how she cuts my hair,I don't like thinning out my hair, but she likes to thin it out a little. When I have had it cut and asked her not to thin it out it turns out really poofy. Just a little scard of getting a bad cut because it took a long time to grow out.

Reason #2- I am going to be moving and I'm going to need to find a new stylist. Should I wait til I move to get a hair cut? What do you think?

I'll check out the salon finder you sugested. I really like your idea of asking a girl where she gets her hair cut. Normily I just pick a palce and ask if of the stylist know how to cut curly hair, they'd say yes but it would pretty much turn out to be an awful cut.
    Thanks

Dose anybody have ideas about a good hair cut for hair below apl? I've herd long layers but not sure what exactly that means.

Should the layers be inches apart or does it mean that you should stop say like just below the shoulder?
    2c w/ some 3a on the ends
    Length - just below shoulders when wavy
    texture - under layer fine, everything else medium
    According to the articles of how to determen these:
    Porosity- low
    Density - medium

shampoo - clear scalp & hair therapy
    rinse out - clear scalp & hair therapy
    leave in - whatever rinse out I'm using at the time
    gel - kccc
    dt - aussie 3 min miracle

experimenting and open to suggestions!
  • SpaghettiHeadSpaghettiHead Posts: 1,510Registered Users
    I'd wait if you are moving soon so you can get a jump on finding someone near your new home.
    Also, if you get a curly stylist from the salon finder, they will know exactly what to do with your curls, and if they're good they'll spend time talking to you about what you want out of your cut, and how you want it to look...
    There was a thread a few days ago about calling a random salon asking if anyone knows how to cut curly hair...the general consensus was that they will almost always say yes, when in reality they don't know jack about it, and end up cutting your hair as if it were straight. :( It's happened to a ton of us me included. I've even had mine cut by a woman who had a wonderful head of curls...and she still cut my hair like it was straight.
    I finally looked on the salon finder, found a great guy, and my curls have never looked better. :)
    Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file