Terrible twos have arrived!

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Maybe I blocked this time period out with H, but I don't remember having such a hard time with the "twos." N is such a different kid that I'm finding myself wanting to fast forward about 6 months or so. He is much more defiant and sneaky and he is a screamer. He's also large for his age and hard to manhandle. Sometimes it's funny, but a lot of the time it is exhausting.

He is really deeply into the "NO" phase. That's his answer to everything. He also seems to delight in anything he's not supposed to do. Redirection only does so much.

I think the fact that he has more language than H did at this age both helps him and makes it more difficult. He can tell us what he wants and what he doesn't want, but he can also express his feelings about it all. And man! Does this kid have feelings! That and being too little understand the whys and wherefores make it oh so much fun!

Anyone share the misery? :goofy:
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• ththdththd Posts: 306Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I have 4 kids and mine were the worst at 3. I always said I missed the 2s once they hit 3. I always say you have one that will test you. Mine was our first child! He was big for his age (started out at 10 lbs. 11 oz.) and he started walking/running at 10 1/2 months. He skipped crawling altogether! I feel for ya! Boys and girls seem to be really different also. I have 2 of each.
    Tresemme Botanical shampoo, Cantu No Poo, sometimes Suave Lavender or coconut cowash  
    Tresemme Flawless curls gel, Herbal Essence Totally Twisted gel, Ecostyler gel (pink one)
    Giovanni weightless leave-in
    My hair hates Shea Moisture products 
    Plopping makes my curls weird ;) 
    I still use Tresemme Fine Mist hairspray for the side swept bangs...I can't live without it!
    Curl Genie: Medium-fine texture, normal to high porosity, low elasticity, medium density
  • Scuba GalScuba Gal Posts: 383Registered Users
    I feel you, I am in the throws of this myself and I am assuming I blocked out this time with Maggie, or Holden is just 10x worse.

My sweet boy turned into a beast almost overnight.... the control "issues", the huge meltdowns if he doesn't get his way.

No advice, just sympathy....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file