scrubs

I saw a recipe in the new cg book and have seen a few scrub products for curly scalps...does anyone here use them? i can't get over the idea of trying to wash all those little grains through my hair, but the idea of a good scalp massage sounds nice. if you do use them, what are the benefits? is it hard to get out?
Hair type: 3a, fine, porous (too much hair dye on lengths), hennaed
Products i love so far: devacare low-poo, gftn, yes to tomatoes, yes to carrots, burt's bees shea and grapefruit DT, oc, millcreek botanicals biotin conditioner aveda be curly style prep and curl enhancer, cjdf, ciab, bb fsg, bb styling mud, angel, cccclite

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I LOVE scrubs. They are AMAZING! I particularly like a good baking soda scrub (with an ACV rinse afterward, of course! ;) ) and IAgirl's version of the brown sugar scrub for my sensitive, itchy scalp (1 Tbsp. EVOO, 1.5 Tbsp. sugar, a few drops of TTO). This works wonders for any flakes or itching and it feels so good! Even if you don't do it too often, it's a great treat. It's not hard to rinse out, just as long as you rinse well. I haven't had any extra trouble rinsing the sugar scrubs out of my hair than I have with rinsing out regular CO-washing condish. They are worth a shot because they're cheap, easy to make, all natural, and they make your scalp feel like a million bucks. I wasn't sure I wanted to try them, either, but they are worth the extra minute it takes to scrub your scalp well and make sure it's rinsed out. :)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • ibraidhairibraidhair Posts: 343Registered Users
    jenimkat wrote: »
    I saw a recipe in the new cg book and have seen a few scrub products for curly scalps...does anyone here use them? i can't get over the idea of trying to wash all those little grains through my hair, but the idea of a good scalp massage sounds nice. if you do use them, what are the benefits? is it hard to get out?

I haven't tried any "recipes", but I do like using scrubs. I have very dry skin all over my body so naturally I have trouble with a flaky scalp. I have some honey that crystalized and I've been using that as a scalp scrub recently. I love it! I also periodically use baking soda. I have used a salt-based scrub, but it burns so I don't recommend it. :)

Anything salt or sugar based shouldn't be difficult to rinse out because the water will dissolve it. Baking soda isn't hard to rinse out, but it makes my hair feel "squeaky clean" with no slip at all. (If I use it all throughout my hair, I try to move my hair around as little as possible until I get conditioner on it to prevent tangles and breakage.)
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used the brown sugar scrub in the past with good results. Out of curiosity I decided to try the quinoa scrub. I don't recommend it. It's hard to rinse out, and even after plenty of rinsing, I found quinoa on my pillow the next morning.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file