What's the difference...

between full bodied hair and puffy hair? i honeslty don't know the difference.

my hair puffs out soo much so when i hear the words "full bodied" when attached to a product i think "great like i need it any bigger"...am i thinking the wrong way?

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i think of full-bodied hair as having great curl formation.
    puffy hair i think of as having no curl formation at all and plenty of frizz.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I agree with RBB^^
    My (fine, straight haired) mother used to tell me I should wear my hair 'puffy' more often. To her, 'puffy' simply means curly/wavy. She also thinks that I should literally wear my hair BIG all the time. I tell her that 'puffy' isnt the look I'm going for, I'd rather try for defined curls. She replies 'Oh I know that... but not everyone can wear their hair puffy, so you should.'
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • lydia ravenswoodlydia ravenswood Posts: 34Registered Users
    can you have full body and still have it straight?
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    can you have full body and still have it straight?

Absolutely! It doesn't have to be so straight that it's flat to the head. I think straight hair that's full of body is pretty. When it's too close to the head it just looks a little flat and limp and lifeless.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file