What do people have against type 4 hair?

AmemusAmemus Registered Users Posts: 16
I have always admired very tightly coiled curly hair. I can remember when I was about six I was jealous of a girl in my ballet class who had type 4 hair because when she whipped her head around when we did pirouettes, her hair stayed in place (mine got messed up so easily). When I was eleven or so, I wanted to put braids in my hair, but my mom refused to let me ("because that's for black people."). Now that I know more about curly hair I have come to respect how much natural girls have to do to keep their hair healthy, but at the time, as a wavy/curly girl who treated my hair as if it was straight and was constantly frustrated by the way my hair would poof and frizz no matter how much I brushed it, kinky hair looked effortlessly beautiful to me. And there are so many rockin' awesome hairstyles you can create with tightly curly hair! Seriously, I'm surprised to hear about all the rude comments natural girls get for their hair. I think all hair types and textures (if the hair is well-defined and healthy) are beautiful. Do any other wavies agree with me?

Comments

• anonymous_17170anonymous_17170 Registered Users Posts: 29
    I totally agree! I have a crazy mix between 3,3b and even some 2... and I have always admired the people with the tight corkscrew hair, it always looks so defined and attention getting! I like that kind of hair.
    http://massielmancebo.wordpress.com/
    Hair Type: 3B with a concoction of random 3a/3c mixed in.:blob3:
    Fine/Normal Texture, Oily/ Normal, Normal Porosity, No hair dyes, no chemicals, all natural.
    Deep Conditioning Treatment: Honey&Coconut Conditioner mixed together for lightening and protein.

Organix Coconut Shampoo (Sulfate free):glasses2:
    I switch up my normal conditioners all the time.
  • kat180kat180 Registered Users Posts: 6,280 Curl Novice
    I think its beautiful! :)

I think maybe it relates back to old, ingrained racial stereotypes tbh. That, and you rarely see naturally kinky hair in magazines/models etc. (Or any curly hair really beyond a wavy/3a). There is a stereotypical western standard of beauty that people still respond to sadly. I think things are changing, just slowly.

'Kinky' and 'afro' are also still used as insults as well. I used to be called 'afro-head' as a child when I was bullied (it was always about my hair).

I personally am envious of all types of curls I see on the board across the ranges lol. The grass is always greener....
  • AmemusAmemus Registered Users Posts: 16
    Don't get me wrong--I also love type 3, type 2, and even some type 1 hairstyles. I'm just surprised about all the hateful comments I've read here. I got a lot of bad comments when I was younger but then again I wasn't taking care of my hair properly.
    Incidentally, my dad, who is white, had an afro when he was a teenager. He went through trying to relax it and thin it out, and now it's so thin and short you can't really tell it's curly. So that combined with my mom's Asian stick straight hair gave me my mixture of textures which I am learning love because it makes me unique.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Registered Users Posts: 3,397
    I have type 4 hair. I felt the opposite as a child. I went through a period where I hated my hair. When my mom did my hair, she was fairly gentle. But then, a new neighbor moved into our building down the hall from us and Mom became friendly with her. Turned out the new neighbor could do cornrows, which my mother didn't know how to do. So the neighbor started doing my hair, as well as my sister's. I hated having the neighbor do it because she was rough with it (combing it dry, using a fine tooth comb) and I'm fairly tender headed. I went to a predominantly white school and I began envying the straight hair that white girls had. To me, it hardly ever tangled and it never had to be pulled and tugged into a style. My hair looked and felt like Brillo and theirs looked so smooth and shiny. It was ugly compared to theirs. The cornrows that the neighbor did took around 90 minutes, depending on how intricate she made them and theirs could be combed or brushed into a style within 5 minutes. When I was around 9 or 10, I begged my mother to let me have a relaxer, but she said I was too young. When I was 12, she started pressing my hair on occasion, but it would revert within minutes if there was any rain or humidity, so I still wasn't satisfied. I was 14 when I got my first relaxer and at first, I was happy because I finally had smooth, shiny hair. If I had known that my edges would disappear and I would get bald spots through years of continued use, I'd have never had gotten one. But for over 20 years, I kept getting one despite the damage because that's just what black women did. If my hair had been cared for properly as a child and if there was the kind of knowledge about curly hair back then, I don't think I would have grown up hating it like I did.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • DeodandDeodand Registered Users Posts: 159
    I think type 4 hair is terrific!
    I have nothing relevant to add to the conversation...I just wanted to say it.
    2B low porosity low elasticity fine texture
    I'm not CG - tried it and failed for two years. My scalp hates it.
  • nikskenikske Registered Users Posts: 556
    Deodand wrote: »

+1
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
  • DolphinDolphin Registered Users Posts: 329
    nikske wrote: »

+1
    +2
    Some 2b in the back, mostly (using FIA) 2c/F/iii.

Fine hair, normal porosity, and normal elasticity.

I'm still new to this CG stuff, so ANY tips you could give me are appreciated. :)

I have Celiac Disease, which means I can't eat or use products with wheat in it.

Formerly known as curlygirl92 and mixofwavescurls
  • IsolindeIsolinde Registered Users Posts: 32
    I know it's a 'grass is always greener' sort of thing, but I've always been jealous of girls with type 4 hair. Mine is 2c/3a, so if I just blow dry it, not much effort required, it's straight. Sometimes it feels like I'm a sort of curly wannabe, since I don't have those beautiful tight coils that show through any and all styling.
  • Flossie30Flossie30 Registered Users Posts: 32
    Isolinde wrote: »
    I know it's a 'grass is always greener' sort of thing, but I've always been jealous of girls with type 4 hair. Mine is 2c/3a, so if I just blow dry it, not much effort required, it's straight. Sometimes it feels like I'm a sort of curly wannabe, since I don't have those beautiful tight coils that show through any and all styling.

I feel this way as well. I'd love to have tightly coiled, big, cool hair! Type 4 hair rocks. It probably is a 'grass is always greener' thing: My hair has become less curly over the past few years, and I'd love to have some of that curl back. There are many times in my life, though, that I'd have killed for straight hair. I used to envy the straight-haired girls in school, too, LadyV69. I'm white, but my hair was always so knotted and frizzy and my mother was pretty hard on it with the brushing and braiding and stuff (she didn't know how to deal with curly hair; come to think of it, I'm still trying to figure it out myself). I actually had my hair chemically straightened a few times as a teenager before I realized that all this fighting against natural texture is . . . well, unnatural.

Of course, I guess I'm still doing that in a way, desperately trying to reduce frizz and coax a little more curl into my hair . . .
    Fairly coarse, porous 2 a/b/c who might be protein sensitive . . . Help.
  • Tuchie09Tuchie09 Registered Users Posts: 388
    Speaking as a type 4 chick...

Someone said before me it's a racial thing that goes back to slavery and she's right and smart lol. If you haven't read "Hairstory" by Ayana Byrd and Lori Tharps, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's not just for African Americans, I really wish a lot more people, non-African American, would read it because it explains literally EVERYTHING about African Americans and our hair, why some people may hate it.

Nowadays, it's mostly the good hair/bad hair thing (which I choose not to buy into). Our hair is "nappy", "dirty", "unmanageable", and deemed "ugly". It's "bad" because of all these reasons. A lot of the hate for type 4 hair that I've seen personally comes from African American women. My mom went natural and she hates our hair type. The only reason she doesn't relax anymore is because she wears wigs 24/7 so there's no need to straighten. Once I was talking about a friend, she's got curly hair like 3a, and discussing the similarities between her and I (we both hate when people run their fingers through our curls) and my mom goes "Yeah, but it's different! Her hair is good! Ours isn't!" And it hurts when she comes to me, all overly dramatic I might add, out of breath saying "Livy! I just combed my hair...and this stuff is NAPPEHHHHHHHH!" I hate the term "nappy", and I say in my head "Well, maybe if you learned how to properly treat our hair, and stopped dry combing it, then it wouldn't be difficult!"

I haven't really experienced any hate from non-AA people. They're usually the ones that praise my hair lol. I live overseas and the people here think my hair is gorgeous. OP you're right when you say it's changing, no matter how slowly, it is changing. And it's nice to know that we have the support of wavy/curly girls :hello2: It's so funny that we all want each other's hair :sign5:
    Curly in Okinawa, Japan where only the toughest curls can stand up to this heat and humidity.

My Arsenal:
    Shampoo: Waiting on SM African Black soap shampoo to makes its way to me...
    Conditioner(s): CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
    Treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Deep Fix, CJ Repair Me!
    Oil: Apricot Kernel Oil
    Stylers: CD Loc Butter for twists, CJAF, CJCQ (haven't figured out how to work this though...)
  • Bridal.WreathBridal.Wreath Registered Users Posts: 65
    I love 4 hair. Its gorgeous.

As for the comments, there are a lot of people in the world who don't like people who are different from them. When someone is, they are more subject to be tormented by other people. This could also have to deal with the fact that these people cannot accept change as well.
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • musicaleloquencemusicaleloquence Registered Users Posts: 112
    I was a little white girl raised in a predominately African American city. I was always (and am still to this day) jealous of the versatility of type 4 hair. Not to mention afros are so powerful looking to me, I just love the way they look.

+1 to the multiple posters who said it all goes back to racism and the concept that white/straight hair is "good" and any kind of ethnic/kinky hair is "bad". It's absurd that these connotations exist to this day, but it's ingrained into the Western culture. :sad8:
    Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
    Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
    LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
    Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).

event.png
    I was a little white girl raised in a predominately African American city. I was always (and am still to this day) jealous of the versatility of type 4 hair. Not to mention afros are so powerful looking to me, I just love the way they look.

+1 to the multiple posters who said it all goes back to racism and the concept that white/straight hair is "good" and any kind of ethnic/kinky hair is "bad". It's absurd that these connotations exist to this day, but it's ingrained into the Western culture. :sad8:

There are a lot of things that are ingrained in Western Culture. Another includes you need to be tall and skinny to be beautiful.
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • musicaleloquencemusicaleloquence Registered Users Posts: 112

There are a lot of things that are ingrained in Western Culture. Another includes you need to be tall and skinny to be beautiful.

You know, as much as I agree about the skinny part, I've never seen the tall part in action. Maybe it's because I'm just shy of 6', or because I'm not tall and skinny at the same time, but I've always been made to feel like being tall is unwieldy and unfeminine. I don't believe that anymore, but growing up as tall as I am was pretty hard when I was younger.

Now I just embrace my Amazonian looks and love it. :D
    Hairtype: 3a/b, normal elasticity, low porosity, medium thick & fine- my hair can't get enough protein!

*****HG Routine*****
    Cleanse: Care Cure Conditioner
    LI: Biolage Conditioning Balm (not very often used anymore, really)
    Styling: Eco Style Protein Gel and a diffuser (pixiecurl method).

event.png

You know, as much as I agree about the skinny part, I've never seen the tall part in action. Maybe it's because I'm just shy of 6', or because I'm not tall and skinny at the same time, but I've always been made to feel like being tall is unwieldy and unfeminine. I don't believe that anymore, but growing up as tall as I am was pretty hard when I was younger.

Now I just embrace my Amazonian looks and love it. :D

I see it a lot of times in clothing stores, especially the more popular ones. The thing which is sad is that it breaks the EEO Act. :/ I had to write a paper on it and how discrimination is still around today.
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • anonymous_17170anonymous_17170 Registered Users Posts: 29
    I think everyone is so beautiful just because they are different, there's a glory and an elegance in every hair type, color, skin color, height, weight... whatever! Its all individualistic and structured in a way that makes us all different enough to admire each other.

I personally grew up in a mostly Hispanic culture and I agree with someone above who said that the majority of the dissaproval came from the 4 type people. My hair is different, my family is so mixed I couldn't even begin to describe my nationality... I call myself a "glocal" (global local) The majority of the latino girls I knew had straight or wavy hair... and they always teased me about my curls... and asked me why my hair was curly... and other relatives of mine had straight hair... etc, then the African American girls at school didn't like me either because they all had these ridiculous complexes about their hair being 4 type which I thought was awesome, but they didn't so they teased my about mine... and let's not even talk about most Hispanic countries and their relationship with "good vs bad hair" Its crazy! I actually heard a lady ask someone behind my back one time I had my hair blow dried... " I wonder if she really has good hair, or if she blow dries it... cause she is dark skinned" INSANITY! People need to research, read, look up their ancestors, look up the mutation of human cells throughout the years and how certain people went from tall to short and curly to straight, straight to curly! People have to let go of imaginary prejudices because we are all African and Asian and European... we are all a mix of everything.:laughing8:
    http://massielmancebo.wordpress.com/
    Hair Type: 3B with a concoction of random 3a/3c mixed in.:blob3:
    Fine/Normal Texture, Oily/ Normal, Normal Porosity, No hair dyes, no chemicals, all natural.
    Deep Conditioning Treatment: Honey&Coconut Conditioner mixed together for lightening and protein.

Organix Coconut Shampoo (Sulfate free):glasses2:
    I switch up my normal conditioners all the time.
    I think everyone is so beautiful just because they are different, there's a glory and an elegance in every hair type, color, skin color, height, weight... whatever! Its all individualistic and structured in a way that makes us all different enough to admire each other.

I personally grew up in a mostly Hispanic culture and I agree with someone above who said that the majority of the dissaproval came from the 4 type people. My hair is different, my family is so mixed I couldn't even begin to describe my nationality... I call myself a "glocal" (global local) The majority of the latino girls I knew had straight or wavy hair... and they always teased me about my curls... and asked me why my hair was curly... and other relatives of mine had straight hair... etc, then the African American girls at school didn't like me either because they all had these ridiculous complexes about their hair being 4 type which I thought was awesome, but they didn't so they teased my about mine... and let's not even talk about most Hispanic countries and their relationship with "good vs bad hair" Its crazy! I actually heard a lady ask someone behind my back one time I had my hair blow dried... " I wonder if she really has good hair, or if she blow dries it... cause she is dark skinned" INSANITY! People need to research, read, look up their ancestors, look up the mutation of human cells throughout the years and how certain people went from tall to short and curly to straight, straight to curly! People have to let go of imaginary prejudices because we are all African and Asian and European... we are all a mix of everything.:laughing8:

I agree!
    CG since Feb. 18, 2011
  • shannonathenashannonathena Registered Users Posts: 12
    Dolphin wrote: »
    nikske wrote: »

+1
    +2
    +3
    Type 4 hair is gorgeous and I find myself envious of the girls who have it more often than not.

3b
    medium texture, high porosity
    fan of GFTN and krystal ecostyler
  • lesliegonnacurllesliegonnacurl Registered Users Posts: 478
    For myself I prefer a looser curl, but I do envy how Type 4 ladies can have a style last 4, 5, 6 days or more.

That being said, I do not envy the amount of time that it takes them to do these styles. I think it is a shame that Type 4 ladies have to spend all that time on their hair, yet still are often not viewed as attractive by society, other black women, etc. :(

I don't think I would survive as a Type 4 because I don't have the patience for those styles. I hated being a little girl and having my hair pressed, twisted, braided, sitting in the "little chair" with my mom complaining about how she had to hunch over and how I wasn't sitting up straight. (Which led to the dreaded relaxer! bah! That I continue to have until today, except now I have curl still) Then it seems like a lot of Type 4's say that they have a long drying time.

I barely have the patience to wash and comb through my hair in the shower. Still looking for a cleanser I like that doesn't make my hair tangle. If I was a Type 4, I guess my hair would always have to be loose and free because my scalp itches and burns if I try to go more than four days without washing, and I'm too lazy to do a great, but time consuming, style that often.

My mom BCed this summer. She has small curls that I guess are Type 4 but they are really fine and thin.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
    Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • nana_banananana_banana Registered Users Posts: 735
    I'm mainly 3C but I wish I had more 4's! The 4's in my hair are always the nicest looking curls. My 3B's are the worst, always frizzing out, always losing definition, etc.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,017
    I wouldn't know why b/c 4a hair is the ish. Lots of people I know, including myself get lots of compliments. the fact that 4a hair when long and out in its natural state might intimidate some people and people fear what they don't understand. But overall 4a/b is practically the only hair type that can mimic all the other hair types, including straight hair without the use of chemicals. I can have a fro, dreads, wavy hair, tightly curly, loosely curly, fingerwaves, straight hair without going to the salon and damaging it.

4a hair is not hard to deal with. You just have to find what works for you. I only use 3 products for my hair, shampoo sometimes, condition and a leave in, somtimes I leave it alone, sometimes, I twist it into a bun then take it out for wavy hair. I only wash it every 2 weeks, unless I work out and it feels really dirty.

The only people who can't "survive" 4a/b hair are those who constantly try to maintain a look that isn't natural to what 4a does, i.e. straightening all the time, or that they use the wrong products. It's when you constantly try to alter, that it becomes a hassle.

There are some very beautiful women with 4a hair whom people of all backgrounds find attractive, maybe not the media, but their ideal beauty is bland anyways.

I wouldn't trade my 4a hair for any other hair type. It's so much fun to style and play with.
  • forbeeforbee Registered Users Posts: 441
    I wouldn't know why b/c 4a hair is the ish. Lots of people I know, including myself get lots of compliments. the fact that 4a hair when long and out in its natural state might intimidate some people and people fear what they don't understand. But overall 4a/b is practically the only hair type that can mimic all the other hair types, including straight hair without the use of chemicals. I can have a fro, dreads, wavy hair, tightly curly, loosely curly, fingerwaves, straight hair without going to the salon and damaging it.

4a hair is not hard to deal with. You just have to find what works for you. I only use 3 products for my hair, shampoo sometimes, condition and a leave in, somtimes I leave it alone, sometimes, I twist it into a bun then take it out for wavy hair. I only wash it every 2 weeks, unless I work out and it feels really dirty.

The only people who can't "survive" 4a/b hair are those who constantly try to maintain a look that isn't natural to what 4a does, i.e. straightening all the time, or that they use the wrong products. It's when you constantly try to alter, that it becomes a hassle.

There are some very beautiful women with 4a hair whom people of all backgrounds find attractive, maybe not the media, but their ideal beauty is bland anyways.

I wouldn't trade my 4a hair for any other hair type. It's so much fun to style and play with.

I agree with the sentiment expressed here. 4 hair is just really versatile. I have bad hair days like everyone else, and yes I do admire other girls with different hair types. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade my hair for the world. I really feel that me and my hair were meant to be :love4:
    last relaxer 08/08/09
    all natural since 7/30/10

Shrinkage happens.

Back to what I said about surviving Type 4 hair, if you look again I talk about all the time consuming styles--none of which are unnatural for Type 4 hair, but the twisting, the braiding, the having a spray bottle handy while styling, I'm too lazy for all that. I could only be loose and free. I would never have any different looks.
    Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell! :blob4:
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Registered Users Posts: 3,397

Back to what I said about surviving Type 4 hair, if you look again I talk about all the time consuming styles--none of which are unnatural for Type 4 hair, but the twisting, the braiding, the having a spray bottle handy while styling, I'm too lazy for all that. I could only be loose and free. I would never have any different looks.

You don't have to do time consuming styles with Type 4 hair. I rarely do. If a style is going to take more than an hour, most of the time, I don't do it.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • HipsterSoulHipsterSoul Registered Users Posts: 1,017

I rarely braid my hair. No styles are time consuming unless u have an intricate style with tiny braids or u want to braid super long hair. Many women wear wash n go hair, I don't use a spray bottle. ideally hair should be moisturized enough not to need one.

You're making assumptions about a certain hair contributing to the ignorance that's already prevalent about 4a hair.
  • RitaCelesteRitaCeleste Registered Users Posts: 40
    Well, I have type 2c hair, heavy on the coarse part. I was grown when I learned type 4 hair could feel so much softer than mine. All I have ever really wanted and admired is hair that feels soft to the touch. When I was younger, I thought braids with beads and pretty little hair clips were so much cooler than having long straight hair. I never could master a french braid, so one of my black friends tried to braid my hair and style it everyday for week. She went nuts when she found out what hairspray was and that white people put that gluey stuff in their hair to get to do anything. She laughed, black people wearing sunscreen, white people buying tanning oil and laying out! The grass always looks greener on the otherside! I grew up going to a predominately black elementary school, I always thought nappy was when the hair clumped up in funny ways from not being combed? I live in a rural area in the south, but just about anybody could get called "nappy" by our black teachers when they didn't comb their hair. Styles where it was twisted into clumps all over were fine as long as it was something done on purpose and with style. It wasn't about the curl type or texture, for them it was a hygiene thing. You could have the curliest hair on planet and be deemed totally admirable and presentable. But I know all about the good hair, bad hair thing that was definitely there too. I myself have been doing product research to find out what black people with really coarse hair use to soften it so I can have softer hair that's moisturized too. I think any type of hair can look good. I think really damaged hair looks worse than healthy hair, I over colored my own hair and had to work to get looking and feeling good again. You have to make choices and sometimes healthy should trump having a certain "look".
    Pre-shampoo- Vatika Coconut Hair Oil
    Deep Conditioner- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    Conditioner AOHR
    Frizz Control- Aphogee Moisturizing Oil Sheen
    Protein Treatment- Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor
    Hair type 2c
    Goal long, bright red, soft hair!
    LadyV69 wrote: »

You don't have to do time consuming styles with Type 4 hair. I rarely do. If a style is going to take more than an hour, most of the time, I don't do it.

Bless your heart, I am so lazy, I could never spend and hour :)

• KeenyliciousKeenylicious Registered Users Posts: 2,320 Curl Neophyte
    i think my hair is 4a (i don't use that stupid typing system, so i'm not sure) and it takes me 15 mins to plait my hair up at night, and 5 mins to take them down and style in the morning. if it took hours, i wouldn't do it. i wish ppl wpuld stop griping and learn how to get better and faster at styling, instead of acting like type 4 hair is inherently evil. gosh.

and yes, type 4 hair is thebomb.com/thesh*tandtheurine
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte

Ok, I've been watching you for a good bit on the boards, and I can't for the life of me figure out what you gain by being here. You have folks here and in other threads wracking their brains over why they can't seem to help your hair curl, well..what a wonder--

You can't comment on "surviving" or being a type 4, or even being natural, because you're relaxed. You state on other boards (when you think others aren't paying attention) that you've been on creamy crack FOR YEARS. Now, there's nothing wrong with being on the crack, but seriously, your pump faking on NaturallyCURLY is getting old and sour. You don't have natural hair to comment on how "hard" or "easy" anything is. Furthermore, you can't even comment on being a 4, because you don't know your hair beyond the crack until you cut dat crap off and allow your hair to grow naturally. For all you know, you could be a type 3. Your ignorance on our issues due to your personal choices makes your contribution to the natural conversation pretty worthless to ladies like us walking the line. There are other forums here dedicated to women on a similar path as you that you could take advantage of. Even LHCF is better suited to your needs than here.

In spite of all this, if you ARE going to continue to be here, stop with the faking in-the-shade tactics and come real. You're relaxed; you aren't interested in transitioning and state your agenda. Otherwise, it's just deceptive, and tasteless.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
    ^^^I would just like to add... "in yo face!" lesliecantgetnocurl :laughing2:
    my blog
    http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file