LADIES!!!!!!!!!

NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
Hey! I been hella busy with work, but I just wanted to drop in hur and say - Hi! :toothy10: I ain't seent ya'll in a minute! How everybody doin'??

And has anyone started to get a NYC hair meet up going? I think we should all meet soon.

So what you been up to this new year???
Defeated the Relaxer: January 2001 :boxing:
Dreadlocks Since: March 2001
Cut Dreadlocks: February 2009:afro:

Holy Grails:
Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

Full head of 4a hair!:wav:

Comments

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey! I been hella busy with work, but I just wanted to drop in hur and say - Hi! :toothy10: I ain't seent ya'll in a minute! How everybody doin'??

And has anyone started to get a NYC hair meet up going? I think we should all meet soon.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LADY!!!! :toothy10:

I'm hanging in there trying not to go stir crazy on medical leave. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago and my neck/back/shoulders are all messed up. I feel like I'm 70 with all these doctors and physical therapists I'm seeing! Narcotics and muscle relaxants are my friends!

I'll be on the lookout for the next meetup. If I'm feeling good-- I'll def be there. I have lots of products to bring this time!
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey SiStar,

Glad to see you on the Board. As far as a meet-up I can't wait. Hope to see you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyteeCurlytee Posts: 273Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Naturalista, wishing you a speedy recovery.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LADY!!!! :toothy10:

I'm hanging in there trying not to go stir crazy on medical leave. I was hit by a car a few weeks ago and my neck/back/shoulders are all messed up. I feel like I'm 70 with all these doctors and physical therapists I'm seeing! Narcotics and muscle relaxants are my friends!

I'll be on the lookout for the next meetup. If I'm feeling good-- I'll def be there. I have lots of products to bring this time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • NubianCoilsNubianCoils Posts: 2,149Registered Users
    OMG NATURALISTA!!!! :sad5: Girl I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself! Hey, ain't you in Harlem?! Let me know if you need anything.

Holy Grails:
    Amla and Bhringraj are the TRUTH, HE LTR Conditioner is the BIDNESS, Shea butter, Honey, Jamican Black Castor Oil

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wait Nat you got HIT BY A CAR?! Omg! I knew you got hurt but I didn't know that was how!!!! :( That damn New York!:angry7:

Sorry to derail the thread NC...how you doin *Wendy Williams voice*? Nice to see you on the forum!
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    OMG NATURALISTA!!!! :sad5: Girl I'm so sorry! Take care of yourself! Hey, ain't you in Harlem?! Let me know if you need anything.
    ellepixie wrote: »
    Wait Nat you got HIT BY A CAR?! Omg! I knew you got hurt but I didn't know that was how!!!! :( That damn New York!:angry7:

Sorry to derail the thread NC...how you doin *Wendy Williams voice*? Nice to see you on the forum!

Sorry to guano--just wanted to let you know how I was. It was a rear-ending so I wasn't ped struck (thank God for small favors). I'm good. I have a new place now Nubian Coils.. I could use some Cold Stone!! LOL!! j/k!

Hmm.. maybe one day I'll have a natural hair house partay! Just have to lock up the products in case they get "legs" n walk. LOL!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Happy to see you here again, NC.

Get well soon, Naturalista.
    ellepixie wrote: »

Sorry to guano--just wanted to let you know how I was. It was a rear-ending so I wasn't ped struck (thank God for small favors). I'm good. I have a new place now Nubian Coils.. I could use some Cold Stone!! LOL!! j/k!

Hmm.. maybe one day I'll have a natural hair house partay! Just have to lock up the products in case they get "legs" n walk. LOL!

ELLEPIXIE!!! How YOU doin' gurl!!! Where Marah at?! :tongue5: And don't worry about the guano. I had no idea when I was checking in with you ladies I'd hear such aweful news.

Naturalista - YES! You know I'm SO down with you whenever you wanna go to Cold Stone fo real, lol! If you still in Manhattan, I'll come see ya and brang you some Cold Stone. I don't usually do boroughs though, lol. And you always have some good hair products. Products you would do well to keep away from me cause I'd help them grow legs, lol.

Thanks Ninja Dog!

Holy Grails:

I'm still here in Manhattan.. on 5th by the park. ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    Well let's do it woman! We can have our own mini meet up. :occasion9:

I'm no doctor, but I hear junk food such as Cold Stone is good for when you've got hit by a car....

Holy Grails:

Well let's do it woman! We can have our own mini meet up. :occasion9:

I'm no doctor, but I hear junk food such as Cold Stone is good for when you've got hit by a car....

Mos def! Lemme know when ur free. PM or email.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Where Marah at?!

I've been really busy being blessed these days with business opportunities and I've been working hard making $$$. I got the opportunity of a lifetime (for me) late last year and I haven't looked back. So can't be on NC chatting it up so much anymore.

It's nice to "see" you though and I'm glad you are well. (((((((((NubianCoils)))))))

Sorry about your accident Naturalista. Take care of yourself! :)
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Posts: 3,982Registered Users
    Hey, NubianCoils...I was wonderin' what happened to you! Good to see you!

Naturalista...hit by a car??? Girl! Glad you're okay. Take care of yourself.

MIZRAHI!!!! Where the HECK have you been? "Business opportunities"? Touch base, girl....:love7:
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Marah, I was just wondering about you the other day! Glad you're doing well.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Nynaeve77, thanks! :glasses2:

NEA, I'll send you a PM.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    Thanks everyone. I certainly will take care.

((((((((((((((((MARAH))))))))))))))))). Glad to see blessings are abundant and always glad to see ya!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    not gonna lie... i clicked this thread thinking YOU were about to announce an nyc meetup lol.

but anyways... hi!:hello2:
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    Hey Nubian,

Have you tried out the new formula on the HE LTR conditioner? I haven't tried any of the them yet because I'm scared...lol. I'm going to stock up on the old formula first and then maybe buy the Touchably Smooth to see how that one is, since it introduced the new formula
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

MARAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! - So glad to hear you making that money gurl! Blessings on your new business ventures. :toothy10: I been doing the same, but at work. I got me a new position and it's super busy right now but well worth it.

Naturalista - When I hit send on this post Ima PM you my email. Can't wait to see you!

Nea - Thanks for thinking of me. I really have missed you ladies, but work calls. ;) I hope to be on here more during the weekends and in about a month things are set to slow down a bit at work.

keenylicious - LOL! Right now I don't trust that I would have time monitor the board and plan the event. BUT, if someone else wants to take up the flag, put me down. Otherwise, how about I post about a meet-up toward the end of next month? We can plan to meet early April or something....

mzmillion - Huh? :goofy: They changed their formula?! Dayum, man! I bought a big bottle a while ago and I've had braids since October and just took them out like 2 weeks ago so I haven't needed to buy a new one. I wish they'd stop messing around. But when I run out, I'm going to just buy it and see what happens. Did they put on the bottle that it's a different formula or could you just tell from the ingredients list?

Holy Grails:

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    ((((NUBIANCOILS)))) and ((((MARAH))))) Glad to "see" you both back on the boards even if it is just to drop through and let us know you are still breathing.

Marah...best of luck with the business venture!
    NC: Congrats on the new position at work.
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    I don't know how I missed this thread before, but...

again, NubianCoils, welcome back. And thanks for letting us know you're still alive, Ms. Marah :D

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Nat!
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • hippychichippychic Posts: 4,673Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    hey ladies! good to see you in here :)
    speedy recovery naturalista ((((gentle hugs))))
    LOIS (OS); cottony, TYPE 4 hair, fine/med strands; no cones bcz my hair hates them; last relaxer '98; now low porosity:?, ignores most natural hair rules; BC #8

faves: suave, v05 shampoo, conditioner (my own), raw shea butter, castor oil, peanut oil, aloe juice
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    hippychic wrote: »
    hey ladies! good to see you in here :)
    speedy recovery naturalista ((((gentle hugs))))

Hey!! Long time no see. Hope all is well and thanks! ((((gentle hugs back))))

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    Well they have a new design on the bottle and I believe there is a protein in ALL the conditioners now. So you will know the new ones by both the ing list and the new design.
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

mzmillion wrote: »
    Well they have a new design on the bottle and I believe there is a protein in ALL the conditioners now. So you will know the new ones by both the ing list and the new design.

I don't mind a bit of protein...We'll see how I like it. I'll let you know. But it will be a while before I buy another one cause that big container I got ain't halfway done.

Guano - In your siggie, did you do your hair yourself?! That's tight! I wish I could do that do my hair but I think I'd show too much scalp. When I had my hair in braids it really grew. I'm convinced if I had a protective style I could put my hair in without it looking crazy, my hair would grow faster. I need to put it up and leave it alone. I think I'm going to blow it out one weekend and do the smallest bun on earth or twist it up out of the way.

Holy Grails:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file