Lice scare!!!

bandsbaby6bandsbaby6 Registered Users Posts: 55
Hello all!!
Recently a little girl at my daughters preschool had head lice. Seriously scared me half to death because my daughter has very curly thick hair and dealing with that seems impossible to me....not to mention my two other daughters at home!! Thank goodness We are all good so far!! I've done some research and was wondering if anyone has dealt with it??? There are some preventative treatments.....has anyone used anything like that??? I wonder if that stuff works??

Comments

• sageautumnspazdogzsageautumnspazdogz Registered Users Posts: 4
    Yup, there was a lice scare at my daughter's preschool at the end of last week. Growing up, my mom rinsed our hair with vinegar, and we never got lice. I've also heard that lice shy away from hair that is not shampooed frequently. Braiding is also supposedly helpful. Good luck!
  • rbbrbb Registered Users Posts: 4,355 Curl Connoisseur
    not sure that is true about shampooing. i've had clients whose kids had lice and they told me they learned that lice like clean hair. also, supposedly lavendar keeps them away, but i was told this did not work.
    one client said she was told by the woman who cleaned their hair of nits, that she should put gel or hairspray in her kids' hair, that that usually repels them. so she has been using gel.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • bandsbaby6bandsbaby6 Registered Users Posts: 55
    Okay!! Thanks for the replies....fortunately vinegar rinses, infrequent shampooing, and braiding are pretty standard in my house!!! I heard they don't like coconut either- I live coconut oil, but don't know any truth behind that!!
  • subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    i don't have any suggestions. i just wanted to say i feel your pain! my daughter has started preschool this year and there were a few cases of lice at her school. i wanted to scream. i've been super paranoid about it and i have told her not to share brushes/combs/anything related to hair with her friends.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file