..::help me please! twist issues!::..

CurlsOnPinkyCurlsOnPinky Registered Users Posts: 67
Okay my hair wont stay in twist for the life of them! I'm trying really hard to keep them in a protective style but its impossible! My "mini twist" look a hot ass mess :( how do u 3c ladies get your twist to stay in?!
as u can see, im still learning! :thumbright:

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    Okay my hair wont stay in twist for the life of them! I'm trying really hard to keep them in a protective style but its impossible! My "mini twist" look a hot ass mess :(how do u 3c ladies get your twist to stay in?!

They don't stay in for me either, so don't feel bad. Some people braid the first half inch of the twist and that might help. Also leaving the last inch or so out and twirling it around might help.. I gave up on twists and braids a while ago because of the problem of them unraveling.

But let us know how it goes if you try these methods.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Registered Users Posts: 118
    Do you use any butters for hold? I use the Bee Mine Curly Butter on my daughter's hair, the butter helps hold her twists together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-
  • CurlsOnPinkyCurlsOnPinky Registered Users Posts: 67
    i use my shea butter whip and a moisturizer but it weighs my hair down so much and my twist just becomes straight half-raveled mess! come to think of it, i guess i never seen anyone with my hair type in mini twists :(
  • CurlsOnPinkyCurlsOnPinky Registered Users Posts: 67
    my hair can stay in the big twists... like for a twist out (not that my hair is cute inna twistout cuz it definitely is NOT!) but i could never gettaa braid to stay no matter the size
  • FronomenalFronomenal Registered Users Posts: 712 Curl Neophyte
    Try using a gel for hold and/or setting the ends of twist on perm rods. This works very well on the more loosley curled sections of my hair.

• mykinksandcurlsmykinksandcurls Registered Users Posts: 4
    I haven't had much success with twist myself but a few tips I've been given (but not tried myself) are twist hair dry, twirl the end, try using shea butter and taliah waajid lock it up gel and twirl the ends.... I don't if that will help anyone.... :S :P

Hair Type:
    3C/4A
    BC: March 2010
    Blog:www.mykinksandcurls.com

• subbrocksubbrock Registered Users Posts: 8,212
    my hair won't stay in twists or braids either, so i don't do them. but i think the one time i did, i had to use tiny rubber bands on the ends.
  • natural_dancer86natural_dancer86 Registered Users Posts: 159
    subbrock wrote: »
    my hair won't stay in twists or braids either, so i don't do them. but i think the one time i did, i had to use tiny rubber bands on the ends.

I'm glad I'm not alone. My friends think I'm crazy or losing it when I tell them that my two strand twist outs make my 3c/4a hair look like a hot mess.

A wash and go looks better than a twist out on me.

I can do flat twists on the sides of my hair or at certain places but that's about it...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file