Curls and winter hats? Bad mix...

leelee28leelee28 Posts: 137Registered Users
So I live in toasty WI and in the span of about 3 days broke both of my pairs of earmuffs. Naturally, being the end of January, winter gear goes away as we prepare for stifling spring.... which doesn't come until June. This leaves me with very few options for winter head gear! Anyone have good suggestions for cute, non-curl-deflating, frizz-creating winter hats?

My problem is that, especially now that I need to be on campus very early, I don't wash my hair in the morning (freezing curls!!) so I wear it up a lot. So I need a hat that allows ROOM for hair! It seems to me that hats are made for girls with straight hair that wear it down everyday! And that is just silly!

Thanks!!!
Type: 3b with a little 3a f/m mix, ii

A "Mrs." as of June 26, 2010 :love3:

Comments

• oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    Have you tried wearing a stretchy knit beret type hat? Sort of like this: Merona® Popcorn Knit Beret - Green : Target

I have one like that, and a slightly larger (not the headband - the rest of it is bigger) one as well that I can tuck all my hair up into. I have heard someone makes them with satin linings so they're less likely to cause frizz (dunno who). For me, a warm head is slightly more important than frizz, though, so I'll put up with a lot more than most people will.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • MerriMerri Posts: 160Registered Users
    It was brown and I think it was on Amazon and is lined with silk. It of course messes your hair some but not as much as others! And warm. I just wore it on a mountain excursion.:headbang:
    Deciding what to be when I grow up!!!
    Mostly a 3b with thick, dry, frizzy hair. Using Jessicurl CC, re:coil, jessicurl conditioners and Elucence and Curl Junkie
  • currrlygurrrlycurrrlygurrrly Posts: 57Registered Users
    I use either a fleece headband, a wool beret or a cloche style hat. They do not affect the curls, as they allow a looser fit and therefore do not crush the curls. My favorite is the beret, keeps me warm and keeps my curls happy (you can pull all your curls into the beret).
    3A,norm por,fine,norm elasticity
    LETTING MY SILVER SHINE THROUGH!
    Routine now is Jessicurl Cream Wash, Too Shea (also as a LI), Rocking Ringlets and Confident Curls (Really love this line!) Using Jane Carter Nourish and Shine Pomade as a sealer (great stuff)!!.
    Sleep overnight in CJ Repair Me & Deep Fix for deep conditioning. Also, I like the CJ Honey Butta as a LI/styler.

CG since 09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file