Help with CJ products

TxCurly0820TxCurly0820 Registered Users Posts: 39
I think I have decided that I want to go with Curl Junkie products but I'm not sure exactly what I should use. My hair is fine, with normal porosity I suppose. I live in Houston though so I need something that will help control frizz in very humid environments, even though my hair is not usually THAT frizzy. I think my biggest 'need' in a product(s) is something that will keep the curls intact without little fly aways everywhere, and keeping my curls soft. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    I LOVE CJ products. But, it took just trying things out and seeing what worked for me before I figured out what was best. I also had the help of Marsha, owner of Curl Junkie. I talked with her via email about my hair and sent her pictures. She, in turn, gave me some recommendations. After all, who knows CJ products better than her, right? ;) She was fabulous and her recommendations were very good. If you're interested in doing this, you can email her at [email protected]

Nearly ALL of the CJ products work really well for me. Maybe you'll find a lot that work for you, too. ;)

BTW - they do have sample sizes that you can try. But, I'd talk to Marsha first. She'll know what to send you. Good luck!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • TxCurly0820TxCurly0820 Registered Users Posts: 39
    That's great, thank you! I'm getting my first curly cut today after work and my stylist uses deva but I think I would rather order CJ because it looks like people on here are getting better results with it...
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    Yeah, I've gotten much better results with CJ products. Deva just doesn't work best for me. And I think quite a few of us here find that to be true, as you've noticed. ;) Good luck with the cut! I love my Deva stylist - she does great work. I hope yours does, as well. :)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    I'm in Houston too. I recently started using CJ products and love them. I will say hat Curl Keeper is my best friend in the summer months. I'm not sure how the CJ products will work in the humidity.

Who is cutting your hair? I agree that Deva products don't work fo rme either.
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • TxCurly0820TxCurly0820 Registered Users Posts: 39
    Okay I will have to try that, KCCC seems to be doing the trick right now but I'm not sure if I will need anything else come spring/summer. I use Brandi Shoop at Touch of Red... I've been using her for about 5 years now and I love her! She has always given me great cuts, although usually for straight styling but she did a good job on my (wet) cut the other day too.

After:
    http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb298/jodirae0820/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4337.jpg
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    It looks great. :) You have beautiful hair and your lashes are to die for!!
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product
  • lioneselionese Registered Users Posts: 140 Curl Neophyte
    Neato! Very interesting post! I moved to the Houston area in July of last year from Phoenix, AZ. Quite a change in dewpoints there I'll tell you! I found that during the humid summer here in Houston I had pretty good success with CCCC and KCCC. Although some days when there were high dewpoints, high temps and high winds braids or updos were the only thing that worked! Now that the temps are lower, the only time I change that is when it's really cold and dry! I can usually get away with just KCCC then. I'm hoping this thread will continue on. I'll be following it to see what my fellow Houstoninans Curlies are doing to fight the frizzy war!!
  • sharon5152sharon5152 Registered Users Posts: 207
    Check out Gerri Curtis at Blue Mambo! She trained with Lorraine in NYC, and she cuts a lot of curlies! I've never had my hair look so good in my whole life. I'm using the CJ products--totally swear by them. I love using the Daily Fix shampoo, the Beauticurls Leave-in, plop, then scrunch in CCCC-lite and CIAB. Keeping my hair well-conditioned definitely helps fight the frizzies.
    3a/b
    Wash: CJ Daily Fix, KM shampoo bars, Giovanni 50:50 Clarifying
    Co-wash/Condish: Curls Coconut Sublime Moisturizing Conditioner
    LI & Styling: KBB milk, CJ Beauticurls LI, CJ Coffee-Coco Curl Lite cream, CJ CIAB
    DT: CJ Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix, Shea Butter

http://public.fotki.com/sharon5152/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file