Updo questions!

LadyCelestinaLadyCelestina Registered Users Posts: 28
...I find the first question rather silly to ask,but I´m really dying to hear the answers! :angel2:
...Curlies with long hair,how do you check the back of your head,when you are for example braiding your hair or creating some complicated updo? :laughing1:...
Another question-Which hair toys are damaging to our hair?
And yet another one to ask ...:angel2: When wearing your hair up,how do you tame the little frizzies that may occur on top of your hair? Do you just let them be or use any products to smooth them down?
Getting back to my natural colour- inch by inch:love5:
Lady Celestina,Sailor of the Starlit Oceans and Cloudy Seas in order of Curly Crusaders.

Comments

• thescholarthescholar Registered Users Posts: 20
    ...I find the first question rather silly to ask,but I´m really dying to hear the answers! :angel2:
    ...Curlies with long hair,how do you check the back of your head,when you are for example braiding your hair or creating some complicated updo? :laughing1:...
    Another question-Which hair toys are damaging to our hair?
    And yet another one to ask ...:angel2: When wearing your hair up,how do you tame the little frizzies that may occur on top of your hair? Do you just let them be or use any products to smooth them down?

I don't have long hair, but I use a hand mirror and the regular bathroom mirror together to see the back of my head.

For the frizz on top, I dampen my hair a little bit and very gently smooth a small amount of mousse there.
  • DentmjDentmj Registered Users Posts: 30
    I usually ask my sister or mom if the back looks okay .. Lol . And for the frizzies on top of your head , use water and harspray to smooth them down or wear a headband !

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk .
    I can spell , it's my phone that can't !
  • elenaaelenaa Registered Users Posts: 190
    i usually use the mirror to see the back. but, when i do updos the back isnt ever really messed up either lol and for the frizzies i add water and conditioner on my hands and just smooth over it, it works just like gel for me

as for hair toys i would say the hair bands with the metal band on it
    is pretty damaging.. idk what else cause when i put my hair up i use bobby pins
  • JamieLeighJamieLeigh Registered Users Posts: 8
    My bathroom cabinet has 3 doors, and has mirrors on each door...so I can leave the middle one closed and open the 2 side doors, and be able to see each side of the back of my head. :D

As far as hair toy damage? Anything that you put into your hair that comes out with your hair still attached to it should never go back in again. That includes the elastics with metal bands, elastics that hold too tightly (so that you have to yank them out along with your hair to get them to come off), regular bobby pins that aren't coated.

Hairtoys I'd suggest for longer hair - amish pins in place of regular bobbies (google them, they're amazing!), hairsticks and hairforks (you can find tons of them on etsy.com). Make sure with wooden hairtoys like sticks and forks, that you keep them sanded and oiled or they're likely to chip and snag your hair on the way in and out of a bun.

For my frizzies up top, I use my boar-bristle brush to smooth it down once it's already in the updo. Sometimes I have to spritz a little conditioner+water mix that I keep in my spray bottle by the sink.
    Hair type: 2a-2b/ m/ iii
    (s-waves with ringlets/ medium coarseness, normal porosity/ 4" ponytail circ.)
    Length: upper-thigh (44"+)
    Oils: coconut or cocoveda - pre-wash, dry
    argan or camellia - post-wash, damp
    extra-virgin olive - deep-moisture treatment, dry
    Products: Suave Naturals tropical coconut conditioner
    Aussie Moist conditioner
    Aussie 3 Minute Miracle deep treatment
    Sweet Creek Herbs rosemary-mint shampoo bar
  • coconillacoconilla Registered Users Posts: 46
    I take a pic of the back of my head to see if it looks ok. I'm glad I've always done this, because now I can look back at my old pics... it kinda doubles up as a hair progress diary even though I didnt start it with that in mind.
    As for frizz.... argh it drives me crazy, I've given up trying to stop it now lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file