Winter Build Up???

PrincessHair09PrincessHair09 Registered Users Posts: 33
Hey guys, so since the winter's started I've run into the issue of getting WAY more build up than normal. Not sure if it's the heat drying out my hair too much resulting in more oil being produce (you guys know that cycle)

I've been kicking around the idea of going modified CG for the winter by using some baby shampoo to clarify weekly and some products with light silicones (as in they're at the end of the ingredient list)

Be fore I go that far, I wanted to check to see if anyone else had this issue and if they found a way to stay CG and fix it.
Hair Type: 3A, low porosity.
Co-wash
: Deva No-poo, weekly: Lush Squeaky Green shampoo bar.
Condish:Rotating, constant- Deva One Condish, current- Say Yes to Cuc
DT: GVP Conditioning Balm
Styling: Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine oil, sealed with DEP lv 10 gel.

I'm a total product junkie and LOVE trying new products every time!

Inspiring CG Botticelli Curls Hair envy since August 2009.

Comments

• RacerWife7RacerWife7 Registered Users Posts: 895 Curl Novice
    You might benefit from asking the girls on the high porosity forum. But, that being said, I can't use as many products in the winter as I use in the summer because I get what seems like build-up. What it really is, is too much product, period. If I use less, my hair is MUCH better. No longer heavy and feeling "icky". Less is more for me in the winter. But, I'm fine, dense, low porosity, low elasticity. I only see porosity in your siggy - you may need different things than I do depending on the other properties. ...I'd check with the high porosity forum and see what they have to say. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • cypressmomcypressmom Registered Users Posts: 236
    I have been doing less the last week and have noticed a HUGE improvement in my hair. I am no longer using a RO conditioner and use a tiny amount of leave-in.
    CypressMom
    3A - I think!

I like to use, but not all at once: :)
    Wash: V05 Tea Therapy or CJ Daily Fix
    Condition: CJ Curl Rehab (apply as needed, not daily)
    Style: CCCC Lite, CIAB, and BRHG. KCCC is my #1 product

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file