3c/4a Twist Out Maintence

CurlyKid78CurlyKid78 Registered Users Posts: 41
ok so I finally did a successful twistout now how to I maintainit. Do I really have to retwist every night..
3c - Hair
Meduim Thickness
6months fully natural
Visit My page - Click Here :blob4:

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Registered Users Posts: 3,861 Curl Neophyte
    CurlyKid78 wrote: »
    ok so I finally did a successful twistout now how to I maintainit. Do I really have to retwist every night..

Depends on your hair.. will you be able to sleep in a loose ponytail (aka pineapple) and/or a satin cap? From what I gather this is how you maintain a twist out overnight.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • CurlyKid78CurlyKid78 Registered Users Posts: 41
    I am thinking that I can do either a pineapple or satin bonnet..but I am little afraid...have you tried either of these techniques
    3c - Hair
    Meduim Thickness
    6months fully natural
    CurlyKid78 wrote: »
    I am thinking that I can do either a pineapple or satin bonnet..but I am little afraid...have you tried either of these techniques

I've done twistouts and failed almost everytime.

I've done pineapples, but not to preserve a twistout, just to preserve my wash n go, and that worked well for my hair when it was longer.

I don't use a satin cap, but I do have a satin pillow case.

So separately, yes, I do these things, but not specifically for twistouts since a twistout does nothing for my hair.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • CurlyKid78CurlyKid78 Registered Users Posts: 41
    Hey pineappled my hair last night. It flaten my hair. I had to wet it and wear it up in a wash and go style. So the verdict for retwisting at night is in for me...
    3c - Hair
    Meduim Thickness
    6months fully natural
    Was your pineapple loose or tight near the roots? If you do it tighter, then your roots can straighten out and give you limp/looser hair..

Back when I would do the pineapple, I expected the roots to get a bit stretched so I would also re-spritz in the AM to get the curl back.

How did your twist out turn out?
  • KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Registered Users Posts: 118
    I use Bee Mine Curly butter to hold the twists, and at night I usually put it in a high bun with a sleep cap. When I wake up I just retwist a few strands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file