cardio and breakouts cleansing advice?

long_n_curlylong_n_curly Posts: 300Registered Users
I have recently gotten back into going to the gym first thing in the morning
for cardio I find that the sweat makes me break out all along my hairline and neck any skin care tips for this? Should I be cleansing before a workout and as soon as I finish?
Lots of Fine easily weighed down 3A curls
PJ currently loving Devacare one c, CEHT,& Durahold but still searching for HGs
Finally grew out my bad layers!!!

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I find that a shower afterward, or a face wash, in your case, makes a difference. Especially in warmer weather, and if I've been very sweaty.

A quick wipe before is all I do, since too much scrubbing is irritating.

HTH
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Late to the party here, but when you sweat, all the bacteria in the skin and the oils and moisture and other goodies from the sweat get together and cook up a break-out. After you work out, a wet washcloth or a piece of flannel (it's gentler on the skin) with a little mild soap/cleanser will remove the offending substances and should help a lot.
  • LightWavesLightWaves Posts: 114Registered Users
    I always had serious acne issues from working out (and I always washed my face afterwards) until I read in a magazine that it's important to wash your face before a workout in order to get all the grime off before it has a chance to clog your pores.

I tried it out and I rarely break out from working up a sweat anymore - afterwords I just "water wash".

HTH!
    2a/2b/2c - I've experienced them all :iconbiggrin:

Still not sure about porosity/protein... my hair takes forever to dry & products often weigh it down, but I like protein. Thus I'm confused.

LowPoo: Mastey Traite
    Cowash: Burt's Bees Super Shiny, Trader Joe's TTT
    DT: Sevi Pumpkin Conditioner
    Styling: FSG, Pantene Curls Mousse, SS FHG, AO B5 Design Gel, Giovanni Mousse
    PT: Nexus Emergencee, AO GBP
    Styling Methods: Plopping, diffusing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file