Hello from Benni!

BenniBee<3BenniBee<3 Registered Users Posts: 7
Hey whoever reads this! I am Benni from Texas! I'm 17 and somewhat new to being a curly. In August of 2008 I had my last relaxer, in about March of 2009 I got a bob (all the relaxed hair was not cut off though) and as of now, January 23, my hair has about six inches of new growth from when my mom relaxed it in August of 2008 which was a year and 1/2 ago. My hair is looking shinier than ever and everyone loves it, but I WISH IT WOULD GROW....LIKE NOW. :dontknow: My hair used to be down my back and I love being natural, so freeing, but I am sick of my hair length. I also would like it to grow because I have one inch of relaxed hair and that just looks weird with everything else so curly ha ha. So, I'm here to just meet other naturals, maybe offer them advice, but also to learn about different hair tips and especially figure out how to make my hair grow as fast as my genes will allow it to. I'll add a pick soon. I'm normally the one photographing so not many of me on my comp!

Comments

• proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Registered Users Posts: 478
    I sympathise with the impatience of growing your natural hair out. I too relaxed my hair a few years ago and it seemed to take forever to grow back, but I got there in the end. You really do appreciate your hair in it's natural state once you've grown it out and I'm sure you'll find lots of help and tips on this site to pick up on to keep it in tip-top condition.

Good luck!
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • espresso.curlsespresso.curls Registered Users Posts: 94
    Awesome! Welcome to the boards! I think everyone can relate to the whole, "why won't my hair freakin' grow already??!?!?" thing ;)
    Just rockin' the natural curls.
  • BenniBee<3BenniBee<3 Registered Users Posts: 7
    Ha thanks and I hope can find some good tips as well!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file