rinsing out conditioner

Hi all! Just wanted to hear from those of you who do not rinse out your daily conditioner. Have you had success with this method? I read in lorraine Massey's book that it is ok for curly girls to leave in their regular conditioner. Do any of you leave it in your hair?

Comments

• CurlykeyCurlykey Registered Users Posts: 1,540 Curl Novice
    I do! I've been doing this with every wash and have had wonderful and consistent results. Any of my conditioners work. I do it like she recommends though, scrunching with a towel after the shower and before any products. I had tried it before with not so good results but I wasn't doing the scrunching part. HTH.
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Registered Users Posts: 296
    Totally! I get such better results when I leave it in. I do my method a bit different, since I hate having a film of conditioner left on my back. :)

I rinse out all the conditioner, then flip my head upside down and put about 1-2 tablespoons back in, rake it through, and then rinse for a second or two to distribute it. Then I do the scrunching, etc.

Keeping my head bent over keeps the conditioner off my back.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    I don't leave as much in as Lorraine Massey recommends for the Boticellis/Corkscrews, but I definitely don't rinse my conditioner out all the way like she suggests for the Wavies (I'm a cross between a Boticelli and a Wavy). I just rinse it out until my hair is a little squishy and really soft...maybe for a minute under the water? (I prefer rinsing partway to thoroughly rinsing and adding some back in -- my waves sag if there's too much of it added back.) I find that it really helps my hair. If I rinse all my condish out, my hair isn't soft at all, and I don't think I get as much clumping.

HTH!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    Yes! I've been using the new method since the book came out, and am thrilled with the results! Not only am I having improved results, but I'm finding that my curls survive the night better than they did before.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • genobabegenobabe Registered Users Posts: 20
    I did this today with really amazing results... and right after doing a deep conditioning treatment too... who knew??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/b combo fine dry hair w high porosity, normal elasticity & a TON of it!!
    *Overcoming a Brazilian Blowout!
    Cleanser: KC Come Clean (once every week or so)
    Cowash:Suave Coconut Conditioner
    Condish: HEHH/KCKD
    Style: AG re:coil/LOOB/HETT
    Treatments: Spiral Solutions-Strength & Shine Leave-In Protein Spray, Repairing Protein Tx & Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Tx, Honeygar Rinses!!!
    Oils: Castor & Olive

• ElithiaElithia Registered Users Posts: 297
    I don't rinse out at all. With my hair still sopping wet I put one palmful of conditioner over the canopy and then turn my head upside down and put another over the bottom. With my head upside down I finger-comb, and then I squeeze out extra water and conditioner (sometimes after also putting coconut oil in the ends). No rinsing at all.

In the past I've tried to use less conditioner or to rinse out a little, but I'm come to the conclusion that my hair is just plain nicer when I don't.
    Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
    Type: 3a/b, very thick
    Length: almost BSL wet
    Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file