CurlTalk

Adding Gel to Co-wash as suggested in CG Book

wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
no one is talking about this, have any wavies tried it? :happy4: just read in the Gen Disc. forum that a curly tried it and she got more root lift.
2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
Love all SS products
Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
AG MousseGel
BRHG

Comments

• KeLynnKeLynn Posts: 182Registered Users
    I haven't tried it but I would be interested to, if it could give more root lift! Could you give more specifics? (I had the old CG book but gave it away so I can't go back and find that) How much gel do you use? The same amount you use for regular styling? Do you use any styling products/more gel on top of that, or is that meant to be it?
    2b (with some straight under-layer, grrrrr)
    Normal porosity, low elasticity, medium texture

(according to CurlGenie - HUGE surprise, I always thought I had fine hair and my stylists always agreed)

Tried CG for a summer, but it wasn't for me. I don't load up on sulfates and silicones, but I have no shame in using them when I want/need to! Currently loving LOOB.
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    Whaaa? I don't have the new book and haven't heard this idea before. Seems strange. Wouldn't the gel just rinse out since it is water soluble?
    I'm interested to hear results from people who try it. I'll probably try it myself too.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpedaheh.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    i know it seems strange, wouldn't you be rinsing it out? maybe the gel just clings a little to the hair? i tend to struggle with flat top but easily can become poofy and triangular at the same time. the book doesn't specify how much gel to use, she just says add gel to your cleanser then you proceed with normal styling and adding more gel. i will try this tonight, hoping Morgan_adcock with enlighten us on the New CG book is out thread in Gen Disc. she's already tried it and says it works.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    I think this kind of applies more to people who don't rinse out all their conditioner. But... If some gel residue gets deposited with the conditioner residue which is supposed to be deposited on the hair, then there's a chance it might work.
  • Wavy BrunetteWavy Brunette Posts: 111Registered Users
    I read this in the new book also and was wondering if anyone has tried it. You are suppose to mix with sulfate free cleanser, rinse well, scrunch and sqeeze, then apply gel again for styling. I am hunting for a good holding gel without alcohol in it Right now for styling I am using HETMS mousse and SMU gel. The crunch scrunches out easily but I would like to be using some alcohol free gel instead and trying that with conditioner instead of the ones I am using. I do want to try it and see if it works!
    2b , waves and some spirals
    Med/Fine Texture, Normal Porosity, Low Elasticity

Sulfate/Silicone Free Since Jan 2011 :)

Low Poo- CJ Curl Assurance, SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
    RO - Y2C, CJ Beauticurls, GVPCB, SM Restorative Conditioner,
    Stylers- Homemade FSG, KCC, BRHG
    HG Techniques- Spritz and Condish, Icequeen method, plopping
    IAgirl wrote: »
    I think this kind of applies more to people who don't rinse out all their conditioner. But... If some gel residue gets deposited with the conditioner residue which is supposed to be deposited on the hair, then there's a chance it might work.
    but LM suggests this for wavy girls in particular on Pg. 57 :) and she also says wavies should rinse out all their conditioner

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    Going to look at p. 57:read2: (thanks for the page ref!). Yep, I marked that page before. And she does say that wavies need to rinse thoroughly, so I'm wrong.

Totally trying this tonight with stuff I know (or I hope) doesn't itch so I won't have to get out of bed at 1:30 AM to wash my hair.
    Added after trying this
    I'm not really impressed. I didn't style my hair right after doing this, but I didn't really see much difference. Something is missing from those instructions -- how much gel? Do you rinse this out completely?
    I think you'd get the right result from supersoaking or even just applying products to quite wet hair, it seems like the ultimate goal is very evenly distributed product.
    Gel going down the drain is not my idea of economic sensibility.
    IAgirl you are so sensible. I actually did try this last night but forgot to mix it into my conditioner. I layered it on top of my conditioner and worked it in. Then rinsed it all out and proceeded with styling. After my plop I did see a difference in the waves holding and I got more definition. I used quite a lot of gel though, it was a cheap gel that's been going unused anyway a good Qtr size. I will try a 2nd time and see if I get good results or if it's a fluke.

We need some more guinea pigs to try this out. Maybe a firmer holding gel is needed? I used Got2B which is supposed to be hard hold.

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    I don't think this would work as a co-wash then rinse out though. It needs to be the last step IMO so unless you only co-wash you should add it to your rinse out.

Love all SS products
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    Wavysue, I think your method is better than mixing gel with conditioner. When mixed with conditioner, gel made my hair feel tangly because the conditioner was diluted.
    I'm thinking, why not just gel the heck out of really wet hair (cheap gel would be ideal!), rinse just enough to get it spread around really well (a quick shot of water) and then scrunch, scrunch, scrunch? You'd get awesome product distribution and wouldn't be washing so much down the drain.

HEY YOU wavy-wurly GUINEA PIGS!!! We need more technique-testers!

And then I'm thinking, if one sold hair gel, recommending that people apply it and then rinse it down the drain -- what a way to sell more gel. I'm so cynical.
  • bedheadbedhead Posts: 9Registered Users
    I was mixing a small amount of gel (that super cheap LA Looks extreme hold stuff) with Suave Naturals conditioner and finger combing it through wet hair after I get out of the shower, then scrunching.
    I think it helps me distribute the gel more evenly without putting in too much... Also had some success with putting gel in soaking wet hair, combing it through, then squeezing out the excess water before adding my leave-in conditioner.
    I think wavysue is probably right that this worked for me because I'm using a super hard hold gel
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users
    bedhead wrote: »
    I was mixing a small amount of gel (that super cheap LA Looks extreme hold stuff) with Suave Naturals conditioner and finger combing it through wet hair after I get out of the shower, then scrunching.
    I think it helps me distribute the gel more evenly without putting in too much... Also had some success with putting gel in soaking wet hair, combing it through, then squeezing out the excess water before adding my leave-in conditioner.
    I think wavysue is probably right that this worked for me because I'm using a super hard hold gel
    bedhead sounds like you're making your own curl cream :)

I wonder if wavies changed the order we do things if it wouldn't make a difference. What if we did Gel/LI/Gel? Instead of LI/Gel??
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Del, you're right! It's amazing how much a little change in technique could change bad hair into amazing hair!

I've never attempted the gel with the cleanser thing that was suggested in the new CG book, because I personally thought it sounded kinda...weird! :tongue: I guess it just weirded me out because I never thought about it before, but once I get past the gross factor, I might turn out to be one of your guinea pigs! Ha ha! I don't know if the gel would affect my sensitive scalp, though, so I probably won't be attempting it. :( But, it was a fun thought. ;) I would be willing to do it Wavysue's way, though. It does sound like applying the gel after conditioning might seal in some of the moisture, give more hold, and enhance waves a little more. Oh no, I'm feeling the urge to experiment more!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
    Del, you're right! It's amazing how much a little change in technique could change bad hair into amazing hair!

I've never attempted the gel with the cleanser thing that was suggested in the new CG book, because I personally thought it sounded kinda...weird! :tongue: I guess it just weirded me out because I never thought about it before, but once I get past the gross factor, I might turn out to be one of your guinea pigs! Ha ha! I don't know if the gel would affect my sensitive scalp, though, so I probably won't be attempting it. :( But, it was a fun thought. ;) I would be willing to do it Wavysue's way, though. It does sound like applying the gel after conditioning might seal in some of the moisture, give more hold, and enhance waves a little more. Oh no, I'm feeling the urge to experiment more!
    I'm having a hard time wrapping my waves around the idea of mixing gel with co-wash and rinsing it out out. I guess I'm also too sensible like IAgirl :lol: But, taking into consideration that gel evaporates faster in the colder months I am willing to try Gel/LI/Gel but maybe a quick rinse in between? I don't like feeling producty and like you I've been preferring 2nd day vs 1st day this Winter.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users
    I just did this, just because I was curious. I mixed in my palm the usual quarter size amount of Alaffia Shea and Coconut shampoo with a quarter size of Dep sport texture gel. My hair felt more slippery as I washed it, and I could see clumps and curls forming as I worked it in. Rinsed well as usual, hair felt clean and I had nice clumps. Worked in a dime size of Alaffia hair lotion and a nickel's worth oF LA looks Cashmere Curls. Scrunched with polarfleece gloves, clipped a little in front and sat under the dryer. My hair dried faster than usual.Clumping, curl, root lift, 168100_1269269628881_1744062716_500724_2156818_n.jpgfrizz factor, etc. are pretty usual. I can't tell if it looks any different!
    DEL2C wrote: »

I'm having a hard time wrapping my waves around the idea of mixing gel with co-wash and rinsing it out out. I guess I'm also too sensible like IAgirl :lol: But, taking into consideration that gel evaporates faster in the colder months I am willing to try Gel/LI/Gel but maybe a quick rinse in between? I don't like feeling producty and like you I've been preferring 2nd day vs 1st day this Winter.

Yeah, I don't like wasting gel, either!! No sense in putting it in if it gets washed right down the drain. :) Gel/LI/gel might be an interesting idea. I always liked the idea of gel AFTER a LI because it sounds like a good way to seal in moisture.

YAY!!!! Someone else who likes 2nd day hair!!! WOO HOO! We should form a club or something. I don't see many people who like 2nd day hair. My first day hair is actually pretty horrifying at best! :laughing7: It never looks right! I love you right now, Del! Rock on, better-2nd-day-hair curlies!

I love your hair, Crwritt! Beautiful clumps. If that's the usual, you have some rockin' curls on a daily basis!
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    wavynwild you're cute :lol:

Well I was feeling rather confused in the shower tonight...I didn't feel like trying Gel/LI/Gel maybe in the Summer that could work but knowing my hair and it's moisture needs in Winter, I didn't want to do that yet. So what I did was after washing my scalp/crown area I added conditioner to my length let it sit for a few mins. Took about a 1/2 dollar amt of gel and squished it through then rinsed lightly while keeping it scrunched like the CG books instructs for wavies. Then I added my LI/KCCC plopped and added BRHG. This seemed to work nicely I got more clumping, definition and I don't feel producty. We'll see how DAY 2 goes.I had 3/4 of a bottle of Got2B handy which has been sitting around for months as a decoration under my sink. It's relatively inexpensive so I'd be willing to keep doing this if the results continue. I would NEVER use my precious BRHG :)
    Discovered CG 2007

Yeah, I don't like wasting gel, either!! No sense in putting it in if it gets washed right down the drain. :) Gel/LI/gel might be an interesting idea. I always liked the idea of gel AFTER a LI because it sounds like a good way to seal in moisture.

YAY!!!! Someone else who likes 2nd day hair!!! WOO HOO! We should form a club or something. I don't see many people who like 2nd day hair. My first day hair is actually pretty horrifying at best! :laughing7: It never looks right! I love you right now, Del! Rock on, better-2nd-day-hair curlies!

I love your hair, Crwritt! Beautiful clumps. If that's the usual, you have some rockin' curls on a daily basis!

I like my second day hair enough to wear it pretty often. It never looks as good as freshly cowashed and dried, though. I want to add something to my assessment of the conditioner-gel wash. My hair feels like it has more hold. There is literally no frizz. The front of my hair looks better than usual.I think
    everyone should give it a try once anyway, with some cheap gel, maybe some you bought a giant bottle of and didn't really like.
    You only need a handful to the most, mix it in your hand with you co wash and see what you think. It seems silly, but it does add some nice slip and you may see a difference in your curls.
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I'm certainly curious too. I wonder if it is better to add to lo poo or rinse out conditioner. I'll be guinnea pig! I haven't had much luck this winter, so who knows...maybe this'll be my HG. Definitely don't wanna use a pricey gel for sure though.

I think I will try it with a loo poo first.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

plunkybug wrote: »
    I'm certainly curious too. I wonder if it is better to add to lo poo or rinse out conditioner. I'll be guinnea pig! I haven't had much luck this winter, so who knows...maybe this'll be my HG. Definitely don't wanna use a pricey gel for sure though.

I think I will try it with a loo poo first.
    it's worth a try plunky, I'm very impressed with my 2nd day hair, normally I have to heavily spritz it and add more gel but not today. Just a spritz of water was enough to revive the gel.
    I think you'd get the right result from supersoaking or even just applying products to quite wet hair, it seems like the ultimate goal is very evenly distributed product.

I know what you're saying IAgirl about this but here's my thought at least for my own hair. Whenever I try to add a lot of gel in the hopes of getting more hold I end up with rubbery waves. Doing it this way I didn't end up producty or rubbery at all but I also didn't rinse it out all the way. Super Soaking didn't work for me either. I'm going to keep doing this, this will be a great way to use up some of my gels that weren't a strong enough hold for me :)
    Discovered CG 2007

Next we'll be on to the Gel only wash.
    crwritt wrote: »
    Next we'll be on to the Gel only wash.
    I'm leaving that one for you :lol: I need plenty of conditioner for my thick tresses. You're already half way there anyway after your last experiment ;)
    Discovered CG 2007

• nikskenikske Posts: 556Registered Users
    I mixed gel with my rinse out, but I got really bad tangles. I ended up adding a ton of rinse out again, just to untangle. I did have more root curl but it didn't do much for the rest. For me, the root curl is not worth the nasty way my hair felt. Clipping gives me the same results.

However, I'm not going to give up on it yet. Next, I'll try using just the gel, not mixed, after my rinse out to see how that works. Seems a bit like an extreme Super Soaker, but with gel. Will let you all know how it turns out.
    Wurly 2b/2c/3a Miii - high porosity

event.png

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum.

Sodomy non sapiens.

- Terry Pratchett
    wavynwild you're cute :lol:

Well I was feeling rather confused in the shower tonight...I didn't feel like trying Gel/LI/Gel maybe in the Summer that could work but knowing my hair and it's moisture needs in Winter, I didn't want to do that yet. So what I did was after washing my scalp/crown area I added conditioner to my length let it sit for a few mins. Took about a 1/2 dollar amt of gel and squished it through then rinsed lightly while keeping it scrunched like the CG books instructs for wavies. Then I added my LI/KCCC plopped and added BRHG. This seemed to work nicely I got more clumping, definition and I don't feel producty. We'll see how DAY 2 goes.I had 3/4 of a bottle of Got2B handy which has been sitting around for months as a decoration under my sink. It's relatively inexpensive so I'd be willing to keep doing this if the results continue. I would NEVER use my precious BRHG :)

Aw, thanks! :toothy4: Ok, I'm going around in circles here, but I am probably trying RO conditioner, gel on top, rinse a little, and style tomorrow if I don't chicken out!! :toothy3: Last time I'm gonna change my mind -- I promise!! I was thinking of experimenting with extra gel tomorrow anyway, so this might work out. Also wanted to check out the "double plop." Hmm, interesting...we'll see how this all goes!
    crwritt wrote: »

I like my second day hair enough to wear it pretty often. It never looks as good as freshly cowashed and dried, though. I want to add something to my assessment of the conditioner-gel wash. My hair feels like it has more hold. There is literally no frizz. The front of my hair looks better than usual.I think
    everyone should give it a try once anyway, with some cheap gel, maybe some you bought a giant bottle of and didn't really like.
    You only need a handful to the most, mix it in your hand with you co wash and see what you think. It seems silly, but it does add some nice slip and you may see a difference in your curls.

Ah, another 2nd-day-hair-lover! Welcome to the club! :blob3:

Favorite...
  • plunkybugplunkybug Posts: 2,526Registered Users
    I tried this tonight...I added a little condish to my ends, then mixed HEBE with my low poo and worked in well, rinsed well, and followed with my conditioner and detangled. I didn't use any styling creams or curl enhancers..just a little more condish as LI and more gel. Plopped and diffused. I have been in the habit of drying the roots by my part right side up for a few minutes before flipping upside down. I can't say so far whether this is much different than normal or not but it is still a wee bit damp so I can't SOTC yet, though I am going to bed now. Wondering if I should try to pineapple...I haven't pineappled in ages as I'm afraid it pulls out curls and waves in spots. I'll have to see how it all looks before I head to bed.

Lady Caiside, Noble Lushetarian and Wavy Wayfarer of Mugglswick, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

2b-3a Fii, porous and low elasticity

Currently using a variety of products, and looking for that magic combo

Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showpost.php?p=1252125&postcount=59

• shellshell Posts: 21Registered Users
    I tried mixing some EcoStyler with my JC Too Shea, applied, and then rinsed out. It was strange to apply it, but it rinsed out very well. I also think that my hair felt more full and even a little wavier.

My curls turned out pretty good. I'm going to try it again with a bit more gel next time.

Tentative success.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    B]Shampoo[/B]: Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo or Elucence
    Rinse Out: Jessicurl Aloeba Conditioner
    Leave In Conditioner: JC Aloeba or Oyin Honey Hemp and Hair Dew
    Stylers: LOC Method JC Softening Hair Oil (mostly avocado) and Darcy's Curl Smoother
    Technique: pinning front
    2b fine (some "real curls" on rainy days, or when the stars align :geek:), fine texture, normal to low porosity
    Always trying to find ways to keep my curls!:toothy4:
    I almost started a thread but thought we could brainstorm a bit here first. IAgirl hope you'll tune in ;)

So this body boost conditioner contains Hydrocellulose, isn't that what we find in gels to give them hold?? I can't say I've ever noticed this before in a conditioner. Isn't this similar to adding gel to condish then?:idea1: Or is this ingredient used for some other purpose??

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Starch Acetate, Cetyl Esters, Parfum (Fragrance), Pyrus Malus (Apple Fruit Extract), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane Extract), Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Panax Ginseng Extract (Panax Ginseng Root Extract), Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract (Lemon Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/71143-garnier-fructis-silicone-free.html

ETA: Saw several "volumizing" conditioners at the drugstore and they all seem to have this ingredient hydrocellulose in common? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm IAgirl where R U? :laughing6:
    Discovered CG 2007

Itchy IAGirl has been avoiding this thread because she felt guilty for not doing more experiments -- but afraid of gel near scalp adding itch.
    Hydroxyethylcellulose is a thickener, but it also is a polymer and most things added to products to give hold are polymers. I just made a batch of conditioner and added some because it was runny and this thickens and helps it spread around without weighing my hair down. It's definitely a good product in a hair gel for adding hold. I put some in my FSG. It rinses off well.
    The condish I make has both guar and hydroxyethylcellulose, but not too much of the Behentrimonium-type emulisifiers/film formers/detenglers because they weigh my hair down. If I don't rinse this out for too long, it does act a bit like a curl cream. So it's a little like having "gel" in your conditioner, depending on how much is there. Maybe more like a curl cream because of all the emollients/emulsifiers.

I think our skin and water supplies are better off having products thickened with guar and hydroxyethylcellulose than with things like PEG because the latter can be irritating to the skin and kind of nasty, otherwise.
    Del says "Took about a 1/2 dollar amt of gel and squished it through then rinsed lightly while keeping it scrunched like the CG books instructs for wavies. Then I added my LI/KCCC plopped and added BRHG. This seemed to work nicely I got more clumping, definition and I don't feel producty."
    I'm going to give this a try because I HATE rubbery clumps. But I don't like a ton of hold, either so I'm pretty easy to please.

I almost started a thread but thought we could brainstorm a bit here first. IAgirl hope you'll tune in ;)

So this body boost conditioner contains Hydrocellulose, isn't that what we find in gels to give them hold?? I can't say I've ever noticed this before in a conditioner. Isn't this similar to adding gel to condish then?:idea1: Or is this ingredient used for some other purpose??

Aqua (Water), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Starch Acetate, Cetyl Esters, Parfum (Fragrance), Pyrus Malus (Apple Fruit Extract), Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Benzyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (Sugar Cane Extract), Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Panax Ginseng Extract (Panax Ginseng Root Extract), Citrus Medica Limonium Peel Extract (Lemon Peel Extract), Camellia Sinensis Extract (Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract)

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/71143-garnier-fructis-silicone-free.html

ETA: Saw several "volumizing" conditioners at the drugstore and they all seem to have this ingredient hydrocellulose in common? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm IAgirl where R U? :laughing6:
    :cheers:

Yay she made it! Thanks for your input lady, I picked up this conditioner and plan to try it today. Normally whenever I see anything that is volumizing I RUN the other way but I'm intrigued by the possibility of a little extra hold and definition. KCCC seems to cut down my volume so I can play around without risking getting too BIG. In the Summer it's a diff story though, KCC makes my hair swell up HUGE.

BTW: I still haven't had a need for protein BTW so haven't made up your PT but will update that too.

So I'll let you all know if I notice anything different using this condish :)
    Discovered CG 2007