Wen Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Has anyone tried this? It's been out for a while and has some good reviews so far.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
 *This list is not exhaustive...
CoWash: various
DT: various
Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
Spritz/Sealant:not now
*experimenting and loving it!

Comments

• GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,784Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    bump
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wen products have cones. So they don't work with Curly Girling.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    I tried the Fig, and it was nice. The only thing was I did not like the scent. A lot of people seem to like it when I read reviews, but the only Wen scent I really like is Sweet Almond Mint.

You can order it from QVC,they have an easy return policy. I actually just got the Pomegranate one today from them and am going to try it out.

Yes, they have some amodimethicone in there, but not everyone uses the CG method. If you're not CG it doesn't matter. And truth be told, the original formula of One Condition actually had amodimethicone in it, but then was reformulated without that ingredient.

Give it a try...maybe it will work well for you.

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • jerseygirl07067jerseygirl07067 Posts: 296Registered Users
    Just to give an update...I tried the Pomegranate today and it performed nicely, but I don't like the scent. It has similarities in my opinion, to the Fig, as far as scent goes.

I'm really picky about scents I guess. I prefer clean smelling hair products. Fruity (like tangerine) is nice too, but I just did not like the scent of this one.

But it did work nicely. Give it a try and see what you think!

Hair Type - medium to fine texture, high porosity, lots of it, type 2b/3a
  • BrittneeAubreex3BrittneeAubreex3 Posts: 309Registered Users
    My mom had a collection from QVC, she said every product in the line made her hair feel griddy & look greasy & it felt really waxy even after she used Paul Mitchell Clarifying shampoo. So I wouldn't try it.
    :love2: as of 6/12/11.

COwash- Suave Juicy Apple.
    Rinse-out- VO5 Passion Fruit Moisture Milks.

Recovering from a bad glue-in extension job. :sad7:
  • Tigergal67Tigergal67 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Wen takes some time to get used to using.. Sounds like your mom didn't use enough product. My hair is past my shoulders, so I use about 30- 35 pumps each time I wash my hair (about 2x a week.) It is best to section your hair and divide the pumps evenly and comb through.

I've tried a few of the Wen products and all tame my curly mess very nicely (the Lavender is a light formula and not great for dry hair), but the Pomegranate is the best by far. Normally my curls get all frizzy and crazy, but with the Wen, they hold their shape, are easy to comb through and I can go days between washes.. Love the stuff!!
  • Auntie BubbsAuntie Bubbs Posts: 1,068Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love how well it's marketed - being totally serious here. They do a good job. I'm always tempted to buy it. I would def. try it if it didn't have cones.
    That's me with FSG as my styler!!

3b. fine & thick, coarse, dry, medium porosity. Sucks up product and loves ACVs! FSG is my HG!

Currently using:
    Low Poo: TJ's Refresh No Poo: CoWash w/VO-5; Sonoma Soap Company sulfate-free poo
    RO: Yes to Cuc; SSC Lavender Condish; Sally GVP LI: Donna Marie Miracle D&C
    Style: FSG w/Aussie Instant Freeze & CIAB

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file